Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This article reminded me of Elfquest

Go down 
+3
Lunakat
Embala
truelight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
truelight

truelight

Pisces Dragon

This article reminded me of Elfquest Empty
PostSubject: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:22 pm

This real world article had a very Elfquestrian vibe to it for me, I thought I would share. It sounds a lot like the links between lifemates lovemates and friends in EQ. Enjoy.
twin flames
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Interesting, yet confusing all at the same time!!

I can see the EQ-ness to it, although the elves are far more simple thank goodness! LOL!) about it without all the "twin flame", "karmic ties", "shadow souls", etc etc etc all tied into it too!  Shocked THAT'S what lost me  cyclops 

It's a shame that 99% of society doesn't acknowledge such beautiful gifts, tho....  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:31 am

Twin Flames ... like Kin I think it's confusing. the way it is written is hard to understand for me. Too mystic. Or maybe it's simply the language barrier. Fascinationg thoughts- YES. And a bit frightening for me as a real life concept.

Why I bring up this again .. . Twin Flames -  the coincidence just struck me. It's the names of Ember's and Teir's new swords.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:26 am

Purrsonally, I don't believe I have a Twin Flame out there. My fires burn as one in a single vessel. And so shall it always be. But that's me. :3

But it does remind me of a song.

This article reminded me of Elfquest Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

This article reminded me of Elfquest Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:05 am

It's more sad to read than anything.

The way human culture is, it doesn't allow this sort of freedom.

And if one does seek it out, they mostly get scorned or condemned for it

Another reason I'm grateful for Elfquest I love you

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:16 am

This is what you do with money: http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2015/03/25/393557932/a-couple-spends-their-millions-to-save-migrants-in-the-mediterranean

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:23 am

I had a "twin flame" once... but she dumped me. Now I have, i think, a life partner- which is nice and a lot less complicated.

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 11:31 am

I'm about as spiritual as a pack of butter so I had trouble getting trough this without going into laughing fits. This probably also explains why I am alone- but I'm quite alright with that. I fact I think I did well in dodging the relationship bullet. If there's a "twin flame" for me out there I'm sincerely sorry for that person.

Also, what Lunakat said.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Same here. I have been on my own for so long now, that I truly doubt if there is another out there for me.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:17 pm

I wasn't able to read the article- I didn't see a link! I had to google "twin flame" and read the wikipedia pages. Am I only one that can't access the link?

@Elwing and Golden-- I've found that being alone in life can be just as good as being in a relationship. It's better than being in the wrong relationship, for certain. (I was in the wrong relationship for a few years. I've never been so unhappy. Being alone after that, even though I took flak from my mom- was great! It made me feel balanced and happy again. And I got all the love I needed from my dog.) Ultimately- when it comes down to it- no matter who else may be there that day... the person you wake up with and go to sleep with is always yourself.

My sister has resigned from dating for a while. She told me the other day, when I asked her to hang out, that it was her "date night." I said "who's the lucky guy?" She said "I'm dating myself."

It was so cute! So, once a week- she takes herself on a date and does something nice for herself. And she says she's getting to know herself better and enjoy herself more. And what she wants is a better relationship with herself. If you know her life story- she totally deserves it. So God bless my sister! Dating yourself is the best idea yet! It's like she said- we try so hard to impress other people, to dress up and look nice for others, to go out and do what will make other people happy-- it's got to be as worthwhile to do that for you! How affirming.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:24 pm

Being with other people is hard- isn't it? You end up shaping and molding yourself to them-- or you expend energy resisting doing that, in which case they have to mold to fit you. It's always a negotiation and a struggle on some end- even if it's good in many other ways. I love my bf- but I like alone time too. He's going out of town at the end of the week, and I'm looking forward to the me time.

If I weren't with him... I think I might spend my life alone at this point. I like me. I like my dogs and my circumstance. I have enough to occupy me without bringing other people into it. I love it- and he loves me- so we compromise for each other. But I know he's the same way. He could easily be alone.

Being alone isn't bad at all. And being with someone else isn't the panacea people make it out to be. It's all how you approach it.

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:10 pm

The "Twin Flame" text is the link. It's a bit hard to see
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:30 pm

I've personally never had the desire to ever be in a relationship. I've never felt the need to need anything more than just friends around me. I don't even do the "dating myself" thing because, well, I'm not.

But then again, that's one of the defining marks of an aromantic asexual, isn't it? XD

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm

I guess that makes two of us. I have long felt guilty about it- I mean, no woman is complete without a better half and a couple of anklebiters if my mom is to be believed. Took me a bit of time to say to myself, none of this, I do harm to no-one, and I can live my life the way that fits me best.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Asexuals are really uncommon and often mistaken for other lifestyles.  I shrug off the mythconceptions every day.  People who know me well have now stopped asking when I'm going to get married/have kids.  I usually only get "You're not married, are you?" when people hear how many pets I have (and the variety).

http://www.asexuality.org is a good resource.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:20 pm

I don't think I fall in that category- I do see both men and women I find attractive, but the effort of starting and maintaining a relationship is insurmountable. I have two cats, and I don't relate to them; in fact I cannot bear to have them in a room with me for any amount of time. I will take very good care of them until they die, but after that, I will not get new pets. It's not that I'm never lonely, it's just that being in company takes effort and does damage. I can only handle a small amount of it, and it's not enough to allow a relationship.
it took a long time to come to terms with that, and put a label on it. It's autism, of course, shame it took 40 years to find out.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 12:12 am

I remember reading a blog article about asexuality several months ago and was like yes!! FINALLY! It defined my youngest son (who is 18 now and also autistic) and how he feels about having any sort of relationship.

I know he's still young, and maybe that part of him will change. I was never worried about it, but I know the concern with some of the other family members. Just this past weekend, there was a conversation that came up about a future wedding with my nephew and his girlfriend, when someone joked with my son about his turn someday. He flat out announced "No way in hell... I don't want a girlfriend or a boyfriend..." and he left the room.

I was absolutely proud of him.

The fact that he was in NO WAY afraid to speak his mind, nor does he care what anyone else thinks! *beaming momma smile*

He's always been that way. There's never been an interest in having any sort of relationship throughout his adolescent life, but I seriously never gave any thought to it until subtle questions would come up from time to time from others. But I simply shrugged them off. He's obviously happy. That's all that matters to me

Elwing, what you said about your cats just reminds me yet again how autism is so different with each individual. I tell everyone, the best way to describe autism is that each person is like a snowflake... no two are alike. That's how broad the spectrum is. My son may not ever want a *personal* relationship, but he does enjoy the companionship of what few close friends he has. And he is extremely close to our pets, and his own. To the point where, when he sees other people neglecting their pets, he breaks down and cries.

We just had an episode with him a couple nights ago where he broke down sobbing because his one friend's parents are neglecting their baby bearded dragons to the point they're very sick. He keeps offering to take them, but the dad gets frustrated with him and ignores his offer. And even at 18, he cries with all of his heart for any abused and neglected pet.

He's extremely bonded to animals. And that's enough for him.

And him being happy in whatever he decides is enough for me

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyThu May 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Another article for ya Kin

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Thank you.... VERY much, Koji Wink I truly appreciate it ^__^

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyFri May 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Well Kin it sounds like you have an incredible young man there despite his Austism. He has worked very hard and will continue to do so for the rest of his life. As far as dating and all the other stuff it will happen if it is meant to. You are right not to push him in any one direction and the fact that you support him in his choices speaks volumes about you as his mother.

My girlfriends oldest boy is developmentally disabled. He has no desire to date and still lives with mom. He works part time and is happy and that is all that really matters.

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest EmptyFri May 08, 2015 11:50 pm

After that article was posted I watched a guy arguing that asexuals must have something wrong with them hormonally and should see a doctor. Guys must have low testosterone and who knows with the females. The inability to accept its just the way we are must be even more difficult for those with other challenges to head, hand, and heart.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This article reminded me of Elfquest   This article reminded me of Elfquest Empty

Back to top Go down

This article reminded me of Elfquest
Page 1 of 1