Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini 

Go down 
+12
Embala
faeriegirl
manga
Davrille
Miss Gillespie
Josine
Blackbird
Vaeri
Paranthropus
Nibblet
howler monkey
kathleen3.0
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  Empty
PostSubject: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 6:17 am

Hey guys.
There's a kickstarter campaign
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/481703930/art-of-elfquest-and-line-of-beauty-by-wendy-and-ri?ref=video

All 3 editions available in deluxe editions + extras. It's a sweet deal (if you live in the US Wink) And maybe we'll finally see an EQ colouring book
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Thanks for posting the link, @howler monkey Smile

it's nice to see that the project already got founded, however, are the deluxe versions really worth their money? In their 'basic' version, they just offer a fancy cover, hardcover and a slipcase but cost twice as much as the paperback. It looks like they are going to reach the second goal as well, which makes the deluxe edition more worthwhile, but as they are now...

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Miss Gillespie. They aren't. I think they will be if it reaches the third goal. Then they'll get 10 extra pages. I think that people are just paying to have signed editions now Wink
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Thought so, I might go for the deluxe versions if they pass the 60k goal, otherwise I'll stick with the basic variant Smile

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Worth it to note that the $50 "basic" version is not a trade PAPERback but a trade HARDback.  Not soft cover.

Anyone who lives in Ontario who wants to get the book and have it shipped to a US address, contact me. Or anywhere in Canada, really, if you can travel to Ontario for pick up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:04 am

I think they're going to be awesome. The previews look great.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 1:56 pm

I got partway through the video and I had to turn it off. Wendy looks like my least favourite auntie, and I'm not forgetting how Richard treated me and Lunakat.
Back to top Go down
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 2:42 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
I got partway through the video and I had to turn it off. Wendy looks like my least favourite auntie, and I'm not forgetting how Richard treated me and Lunakat.
cheers Nailed it, Kathleen hahaha
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Welp they reached the 80 grand goal, so I guess all those clamoring for a coloring book will get it. Personally I don't get the whole coloring book thing. If you want to color EQ, just print off some bw images from the internet or photocopy from old issues. I'm not really "getting" the adult coloring book fad, so the prospect of a coloring book never interested me at all. And I don't understand why the Kickstarter campaign was needed. Did they choose a publisher that couldn't afford to publish these books on their own so they needed to ask the fans for money?
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:36 pm

That video was a challenge to watch. The background music was like one of those motivational religious infomercials  Shocked

Anywhoo. What happened to the almighty Dark Horse being the very pinnacle of publishers? Not working out so well? Didn't back it, not buying it either. Doesn't tickle my pickle

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:39 pm

Wasn't Sonny Strait supposed to be writing one of these books too? I see no mention of him now.

It might not be the case here, but the Pinis seem to have a reputation for pissing people off and losing firends.
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:39 pm

I think Sonny was working on Line of Beauty, maybe? I dunno.

I agree with not feeling like the Kickstarter is necessary. I dunno why they're going with Flesk Publications...why not have Dark Horse publish it? Perhaps Dark Horse doesn't want to...but it seems very silly to rely on a Kickstarter to get these published.

I am a huge fan of the adult coloring book trend, but...I've always liked to color. I find it relaxing. I don't really like the books marketed to adults...they're all very complex designs, mandalas and crap, and while those are nice and all, I would like more variety. That's the only reason I like the idea of an Elfquest coloring book, but I agree, if I really wanted to color Elfquest, I could print off whatever I wanted.

What really bugs me is that the extra pages are for the deluxe editions only. It's nice that the trades are hardback, I guess, and yay prints (though I'm not really interested in those), but I think it's kind of shitty that the only way you can get the extra pages is if you pay out the nose for them. If they're gonna do a Kickstarter, I feel like those pledging should get a few more perks. But maybe I'm just greedy.

I did go ahead and get myself the Art of Elfquest deluxe edition. If I'd never met the Pinis and if all this shit hadn't gone down with the Scroll, I'd probably be scrounging for enough cash to get all three. But all I really want is the Art of Elfquest now.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:47 pm

I'll see what I can get via my comic shop ... and at what cost. Then I'll decide.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Does Dark Horse print art books? I know they do comics but maybe this is just outside their field.

Or this kind of thing takes years to put together. Maybe the agreement to publish with Flesk pre-dates their contract with Dark Horse.

Last edited by manga on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Dark Horse does print art books! There are quite a few for Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra. Smile

Could certainly be true that they had the agreement with Flesk before signing with Dark Horse. That would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:49 am

Tam wrote:

What really bugs me is that the extra pages are for the deluxe editions only. It's nice that the trades are hardback, I guess, and yay prints (though I'm not really interested in those), but I think it's kind of shitty that the only way you can get the extra pages is if you pay out the nose for them. If they're gonna do a Kickstarter, I feel like those pledging should get a few more perks. But maybe I'm just greedy.

There should be a reason why the "deluxe" ones are twice as expensive as the regular ones, but these only came after they met the first goal.

I intended to buy the first two books, but with this ridiculous high postage it would sum up to another deluxe book :/ so in the end, I optioned for the first one.

It's nice how Richard complains in the last update about the disappointing sales of the third book and how it actually is the 'meat' as opposed to the other two 'appetizers' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:23 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Tam wrote:

There should be a reason why the "deluxe" ones are twice as expensive as the regular ones, but these only came after they met the first goal.

I intended to buy the first two books, but with this ridiculous high postage it would sum up to another deluxe book :/ so in the end, I optioned for the first one.

It's nice how Richard complains in the last update about the disappointing sales of the third book and how it actually is the 'meat' as opposed to the other two 'appetizers' Very Happy

Agreed. Thankfully I'm in the states, so shipping isn't an issue, but I've seen the international prices, and good lord.

I also found Richard's complaints amusing; he should have put that up at the beginning, if he really wanted to advertise. And the way he worded it felt very passive aggressive. I think they would have been far more successful if they'd put this as three different Kickstarters with more time between them instead of BUY ALL THESE BOOKS NOW BECAUSE THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE, NO ONE CARES THAT THEY COST HALF YOUR RENT FOR THE MONTH.

I could also really do without people trying to advertise for them. Sorry, no matter how many times you tell me how amazing these books are gonna be, I just can't afford them, and no, continuing to tell me is not going to convince my landlord to give me a pass on the rent this month.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:21 pm

my friend amethyst told me about these, and i was largely "meh". i've seen the "work in progress" stuff, character developmenet(quickblade and starjumper), and it's just not interesting.

the only thing i really would be interested in is the coloring book...cause nice clean lineart and nice poses.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:34 am

IMHO WaRP has never really gotten the hang of direct marketing.

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:12 pm

They should ask Dark Horse to put out a coloring book. Better yet, have Wendy do new art for it. It'd sell hand over fist.

Trollbabe, I think you're right.
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 12:24 am

If Game of Thrones can have an official coloring book, so can Elfquest.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 12:19 pm

So, did many of you pledge?
Back in the days I would gladly spend 300 for this, but being a student now, and WHATTHEF***K is up with the shipping?? I never EVER payed so much for shipping from the us before! I payed 50 for the Art of Elfquest, and 48 for the shipping!! Uuugh! Yeah, and you are not supposed to whine about the shipping, but oh my...sorry for the negativity. I'm looking forward to the stuff though.

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 10:49 pm

I got both the "Elfquest" ones. Luckily I have family in the States I can ship it to. I like how they did they're subsidizing some of the shipping costs but $48? They'd better be individually crated and packed in unicorn hair!

I also think it was a mistake to run all three Kickstarters at the same time. As others have pointed out, Richard's pleading for "Line of Beauty" maybe eloquent but it can't stand up against basic expenses like rent and groceries.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 11:30 pm

I own "The Sky" of Yoshitaka Amano (the Japanese edition <3 <3 <3), an artbook collection of about three to four kilos, and shipping from Japan to Europe cost me not as much as the 53$ now. And the price should vary by the relative distance. There'll probably not even be a tracking option :/

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 1:26 am

I got the trade for Line of Beauty and the deluxe for Art of Elfquest, and I am thanking my lucky stars I live in the states. I had a little extra birthday money which went to this, so...probably not the wisest thing for me to do, but I won't be eating ramen for a month to make up for it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next