Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest fashion disasters

Go down 
+23
Trollbabe
Embala
jaRf
Josine
Sifra
LurkingCat
manga
kathleen3.0
Zadzi
Bluetree
Shadowpath
anj tuesday
G0lden
Vaeri
Elwing
Nibblet
Jeppe
Prism
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
faeriegirl
Leanan
Kindredsoul
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Prism

Prism

Elfquest fashion disasters Empty
PostSubject: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu May 05, 2016 1:47 pm

OK, one of the things I love about Wendy's art is how she draws hair and clothes and not just painted on tights. That in mind, there'v also been bad choices. Such as Venka's pant-suits, ShenShen's Hidden Years monstrosity same goes for whatever Nightfall was wearing in Hidden Years or poor Ahdri's pant-suit in the troll caverns. Or if Dart's hair has a life of it's own as well as Dewshine's Siege at Blue Mountain big hair. Anyway, discuss what fashion disasters ya'll have seen and pictures might be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu May 05, 2016 8:02 pm

Apologies to Prayer, who fortunately is in Germany and therefore can't hurt me...

That swirl-on-head thing Newstar did for a while didn't do her any justice. It looked like, um... soft-serve ice cream. Yeah, that's it.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Redlance's sweater outfit during SATS and Discovery. eugh...*shudder* i loved the sexy little open vest he wore as a youngster in original quest...
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyFri May 06, 2016 12:33 am

I'm gonna beat Nibblet when saying this....

Sunstream's BeeGees shirt

Shocked

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyFri May 06, 2016 3:16 am

Rayek and the buckle outfit!

Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyFri May 06, 2016 6:06 am

Bluetree wrote:
Apologies to Prayer, who fortunately is in Germany and therefore can't hurt me...

That swirl-on-head thing Newstar did for a while didn't do her any justice. It looked like, um... soft-serve ice cream. Yeah, that's it.
This. Exactly this. Worst. Ever. ...let's say soft-serve ice cream, haha.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyFri May 06, 2016 6:32 am

Actually I've liked this hairdo. Wink Unrelistic and not practical for sure ... but I found it decorative. And a way to keep her very long hair up. And ... teens like to wear unconventional hair-do's - let's call it her rebellious phase. ^^

Yup, I still like it. For the time being. And I'm glad that she switched to a mor appropriate style for her forest life.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyFri May 06, 2016 12:36 pm

I feel like skywise's headpiece has always been a fashion disaster, and everyone isjust too nice to tell him.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyFri May 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:

Shocked

You mean his purple tights, and see-through shirt combo?
Give the guy a break! He did spend over 20 years as a rainbow-coloured fish.

sunstream

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptySat May 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:

Give the guy a break! He did spend over 20 years as a rainbow-coloured fish.

sunstream

Guess what? Wine hurts when you snort it out your nose... rofl

But yeah, that outfit was pretty dire. As were a goodly number of Redlance's leaf-themed tunics...
Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptySun May 08, 2016 8:23 am

I like Vurdah as a character, but not her showgirl skirt. Nor Windkin's Forevergreen outfit, Dart's been a walking fashion disaster since SABM and I'm not too sure about Leetah's Searcher and the Sword/Discovery outfit.
Back to top Go down
Jeppe

Jeppe

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:22 pm

I feel like Redlance went from one of the best dressed characters to "that hipster guy who just can't quite pull it off convincingly"
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:

Shocked

shit, how did I miss this???

He totally looks like a Russian figure skater from the 80s. The second I saw that in FQ I was like "the f*ck is this??"

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Leanan wrote:

Ha, you didn't really think you could get away with this? Wink
He always looks good, no matter what. Razz

Actually I barely remember any major "fashion problems" in EQ. But then, I am neither female nor fashion police so I guess I can hardly judge that, can't I?
Although, if I would re-check all the many EQ issues from OQ to FQ I might find a few things that I thought to be weird or "not dressed for this weather". Smile

But we should have pictures in this thread so it's easier to see the reference.

Lunakat wrote:
I feel like skywise's headpiece has always been a fashion disaster, and everyone isjust too nice to tell him.

Wait, this thing isn't part of his body? Wink

Thinking of something that I found actually weird is Dart's hair style sometimes. I mean, this is a mix of a bird's nest, a winged-barbarian-hero-helmet and Skywise's metal thing and something... something alienish-else. Elfquest fashion disasters Dart-SaTS
(modern outfit which I think looks fine, just that he's copying Rayek in terms of colors, but the hair... it's not even the worst picture of it)
Now Dart fans, you can throw things at me.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 3:14 pm

*Throws something* Darts winged bird nest is the best! Razz

For me, Windkins Forevergreen SM outfit was the worst. I know he doesn't have much sense of style, but still...  What a Face
Elfquest fashion disasters NB_2-5coverP

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Well everything New Blood was the worst. Now bring out the whip and show the boy the error of his ways!
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 7:12 pm

jaRf wrote:
Leanan wrote:

Ha, you didn't really think you could get away with this? Wink
He always looks good, no matter what. Razz

Actually, Leanan beat me to it. Rayek is always a treat for the eyes but that buckle outfit is NOT. *twitch*
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 7:14 am

Sifra wrote:
*Throws something* Darts winged bird nest is the best! Razz

Well, it definitely is a trademark of him. Must need lots of hairspray or magic to keep it that way. Smile

manga wrote:
Rayek is always a treat for the eyes but that buckle outfit is NOT. *twitch*

I know, I think you even said that in the old forums. Smile

Okay. Anybody care to elaborate what the problem with the "buckle outfit" is?

I guess we're talking about this kind:
http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=KOBW/KOBW04&p=13
http://elfquest.com/read/KOBW/KOBW04/kobw04-13.jpg

I think there is another very similar variant; e.g.:
http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=KOBW/KOBW09&p=16
http://elfquest.com/read/KOBW/KOBW09/kobw09-16.jpg

So what exactly is the problem? Is it just this "OMG! Look at her shoes! That absolutely doesn't go along with her skirt!" thing that only females seem to understand? (Sorry girls, but unless colors bit in a screaming way, or shoes are highly impractical to walk in I don't really understand the shoe problem.)

Is it the puffy sleeves? The possible nipple visibility on the second variant? Or just these buckles? The color combination?
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 9:26 am

It's a few things for me.

1) All. The. Buckles. What's he doing, trying to lock himself in? Nor do they look comfortable.

2) The not-a-shirt-not-a-belt thing around his middle. WTHeck?

3) The puffy sleeves and the flowing cloak combined with the skimpiness of the rest of the outfit. It looks less majestic and more like a mish-mash.

4) The speedo-shorts. More "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition" than "Master of Ancient Magics."

5) The nipple-baring. Just not to my taste.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 2:16 pm

What gets me most is that it is unclear what everything is actually made of. Are the buckles metal, or fabric? What's keeping the little sleeves puffed up? What keeps the thing around the chest from sliding down? Can't suspend my disbelief on this costume- it makes no practical sense for a desert hunter. It a superhero type costume, in a non-superhero prehistoric setting.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 2:37 pm

I don't have much to complain about in Rayek's outfit, except that it always looked like it would give him a lot of pimples on the forehead due to the heat. I always felt the same about Skywise's stupid face guard. But I guess elves don't get zits, so whatever.

The one thing I've consistently considered disastrous is Sunstream/Suntop's clothing, especially now. The see-through sheer shirt makes me gnash my teeth.

Dart's nipple shirt from FQ also makes me twitch.

Sifra's reference to Windkin's bastardized borat bathing suit from New Blood is also very unfortunate.

Elfquest fashion disasters Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Richard weighed in just before the Scroll was killed and said Wendy says the buckles are stiff fabric. Which, IMO, makes it even dumber because now they're utterly non-functional. How does he get in and out of it?

And yes, it looks very Superhero-y. Even if you cut some slack for him not being a desert hunter anymore, it just doesn't feel like it fits the settings. (His original loin-cloth, though more aesthetically pleasing, wasn't really that practical for hunting either. Too easy to trip on of for the fluttering of it in the breeze to scare off prey.)
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 2:57 pm

I always thought Rayek's shoes were completely inappropriate for hunting. Those things could just slip off as he's running, they're loose slippers!

Elfquest fashion disasters Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Yes, Rayek does look like a super hero in that outfit. Seems fitting to me, symbolically, since he was trying to save elfs, in his own way, in that arc.
The Forevergreen elfs also wore loincloth. I should make a comic about elfs in loincloth trying to hunt... Razz Sounds like a very entertaining idea...

Zadzi: my husband also started talking about Borat when I saw the outfit I posted...

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 2:12 am

though i can understand the hate for the bucke outfit i....always kinda sorta liked it..^^0 i...like buckles and bondage, and this always felt more like that...kinda outfit?...eheh...*hides*

i remember one thing i didn't like. i really kinda liked Leetah's leaf cloak back during the beginning of kings of the broken wheel i think, when they tried to heal Strongbow with tribe love, but i really DID NOT like Cutter's version of it. eugh. the colors suck, and i wouldn't mind it so much if not for that stupidly unaesthetic knot tie in the front at the waist! if it just like hung on his shoulders or something, i'd be happier with it. but the colors still DO NOT suit him at all.

http://elfquest.com/read/KOBW/KOBW01/kobw01-9.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters Empty

Back to top Go down

Elfquest fashion disasters
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next