Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))

Go down 
+15
Miss Gillespie
Kaza999
Soreyes
Sadachbia
Zadzi
Vaeri
wingthing
sun girl
manga
Embala
Relena
Kindredsoul
Startear
Lunakat
Multi-Facets
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
wingthing

wingthing

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 3:33 am

Yep yep, the purging of Mel's wolfblood happened some time before birth. I based Ruffel's hemorrhage on placenta previa, where the placenta is partially or totally blocking the birth canal. So, Pool's kinda right, it was directly Mel's fault, since she basically ripped through the placenta on her way out.

The added horror comes when one asks "Why didn't Mel heal Ruffel or somehow... nudge the placenta out of the way?" The answer - she didn't care.  Her time was in the womb was up; you don't mind if the ship springs a leak when the cruise is over and you've already got one foot on the gangplank.

Now that Mel is grown up and a mother herself, does she feel any remorse? Naw. It was instinctive self preservation and entirely logical. She doesn't blame Pool for trying to suffocate her at delivery when he was trying to shut down all the blood flow to Ruffel's uterus, after all. (Although she is rather disgusted that he LOST that tug of war, srsly, Pool, how do you let a fetus out-Magic you?)

...ah my sociopathic baby. I do love writing Mel. There's something so perversely freeing about imagining a life lived with zero empathy. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Thanks, Wingthing! I thought it was instinct too, and that was it....LOL @ fetus out-magics Pool , it's true.
Melati's awesome

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 5:34 pm

So, what, Pool is right and Melati is a kind of monster then? I guess it makes a kind of sense.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Well, she's def. a monster to Pool.

I'm sure her nearest and dearest prefers to think of her as a "high functioning sociopath" Wink
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Pool's also a whiny , self-absorbed bitch who abandoned his daughter for 14 years and continued to blame her for her mother's death and never really tried to actually connect with her, except when he was visiting Oasis kind of on Aurek's behalf (to ask for rock shapers). As far as I'm concerned Pool is in some ways worse because he could've made a difference as a father (he was an adult, after all) and was too self-absorbed to do so.

Melati's definitely got a kind of reptilian thing going on though, with the way she ripped out of Ruffel. I never thought I'd say it, but Winnowill's way more nice in comparison. Of course, the whole being dead ten thousand years or more and cleansed in the palace probably helped a little lol

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 9:41 pm

wing thing wrote:

I'm sure her nearest and dearest prefers to think of her as a "high functioning sociopath" Wink

That's how the new Sherlock refers to himself Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 am

Zadzi wrote:
wing thing wrote:

That's how the new Sherlock refers to himself Very Happy

(Furiously hides many, MANY Benedict Cumberbatch movies, TV shows, screencaps, expy characters) You don't say! Wink
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 3:04 am

Yep, nothing to see here... Suspect
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 3:06 am

Zadzi wrote:
I never thought I'd say it, but Winnowill's way more nice in comparison. Of course, the whole being dead ten thousand years or more and cleansed in the palace probably helped a little lol

New Winnie is downright cuddly.

Mel will never be cuddly, and she's made her peace with it. She knows her limitations.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 2:08 am

mel seems reasonable enough to me. she cares about people who care about her--beast, haken, cholla, naga, etc, and people who do not love her, she doesn't care about. where maleen's death was concerned, she was a baby, and acted in self-preservation, so it makes sense

(honestly i love mel tbh, she's fascinating to me)
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 pm

Maleen died?! how will Beast take this?? XD sorry kaza, just had to pick on you a little.^^

i enjoy Melati as well, just because secretly i'm a sadist and it's funny to read the stuff she does and says....XD i mean heck, my own OC follows her and calls her Lady!
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 12:08 am

pff, i only just realized i put maleen instead of ruffel...don't know what i was thinking of! XD
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 12:49 am

lol well, they were life mates and inseparable.... easy mistake Razz
O'm still waiting for Melati to make Ruffel shell which literally runs toward Maleen as Pool manages to be even more pissy in the afterlife LOL

Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 am

man, pool is so incredibly insufferable even in death that i would adore ruffel being resurrected just to see his reaction, it wold be amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 3:54 am

I know right?
Melati always struck me as reasonable, cold fish but also messed up past and did what she could. A little overdriven but it's ok. Melati is one of my fave narratives, she's weird and inventive and always has a lot of activity from interesting characters around her. She's not boring, that's for damn sure lol

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 3:58 am

wingthing wrote:
Yep, nothing to see here... Suspect
Melati , hands on hips, facing off with sherlock sounds awesome. It can be an alternative season thing like the Victorian bride episode.And there's a scene where they fight over a Sherlock cap Razz
Argh lol

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 12:41 am

And I got the next fic up before I take off for Spring Break.

Shuna is back along with some other famous Abodean humans, in Bluestar's latest quest.

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/runaway.html
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 12:01 am

well that was quite enjoyable! Gifa sure is a little sprite isn't she...XD i was actually thinking she was gonna be the run away in the story! but Algifa doesn't entirely surprise me...

and daaaymn. so that's what happened to the hunt...Stripe, i'm not surprised that he became the bottom wolf but his ultimate fate...yah that shocked me. and Sparkstone still lives?!! my god! what are him and Timmain planning!!??

....also you posting a story inspired me to post another what-if Alternaverse worldpool story so yeah, that's in my drabbles....XD
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 11:57 pm

man, i like gifa already! i hope she leads some kind of rebellion when she's older

i like the human perspective! and it's good to see shuna again, and bluestar also Smile

jeez, the hunt seems to be in bad shape--and sparkstone and timmain hanging out and plotting?? this doesn't bode well, in fact this seems really ominous when compared with the final scene between haken and sylas in forgiveness

i'm thinking something will happen with the evertree, or the high ones are going to get in a tiff again. or both, who knows?
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 11:58 pm

Took FOREVER to find the time to wrap this one up, but at last Timmain's destination is revealed - as is Bluestar's complete cluelessness when it comes to dealing with human teenagers!

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/runaway2.html
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 3:31 am

awesome to see this!

ok this was my favorite part:

"“Drukkin’ gwit–” Rowb’s drew back his fist with a brawler’s instinct. Shuna cried out in alarm. But before he could swing, he found himself sprawled on his back, Cheipar crouched atop his chest, the elf’s blade drawn and pressed against his windpipe.
“Whoa, whoa!” Lehrigen held up his hands. “Calm down! Uh… vesh… veshna…” his tongue stumbled over the elfin words.
“It’s all right, Father,” Bluestar said in the elfin tongue. “Really. It was just a play-challenge.”
“And this is just showing throat,” Cheipar growled, as he pressed the blade a little harder, making Rowb stretch out his neck. Satisfied, he got up and resheathed his short-sword. When Rowb started to prop himself up on his elbows, Cheipar only needed to cock his head and point to the ground and Rowb eased himself back to the ground.
Bluestar put his hand to his face. “Drukk, I’m sorry, Rowb,” he muttered through his fingers.
Lehrigen licked his lips and tried again. “Rowb… very sorry,” he said in limping Elfin. “No… mean hurt. No more loud. Promise.”
Cheipar raised his eyebrows skeptically.
“No… more… hard… talk?” Lehrigen amended, hoping his meaning was coming across.
“I speak Trade, pup,” Cheipar said, his expression pitying, his inflection flawless.
“Oh.”"

cheipar being bluestar's spooky overprotective dad is hilarious to me for some reason

i also thought it was pretty great the human interpretation of elfin stories--aurek's got quite a reputation, apparently!

i also liked the culture clash between elfin and human societies--bluestar being completely baffled by homophobia in particular was interesting.

poor shuna. falling in love with someone who outlives you by about a million years isn't a great feeling Sad

and oh dear, it looks like all is not well with timmain and the tree. this looks like Bad News
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptySun May 14, 2017 9:50 am

weeeelllp....yeah that ending is no bueno. looks like Aurek's prediction is coming true. she has found peace...and it's gonna be bad for everyone else. Timmain and Pool are teaming up! i kinda like the names though.... White Mother and Green Father.

also seems possibly Blackwing was indeed the sire of Sorrel's cub...but in Winter Vacation, Littlefire said Sorrel was gonna name her cub Sunrise, not Sunspot. so perhaps tis Sunrise's brother through Blackwing and Sorrel, cause there are other cubs. or maybe Wingthing made a typo. Razz or maybe the cub changed his own name.

i'm pretty sympathetic towards Shuna and Bluestar..they would make a fairly adorable couple i'm sure, but blast that human aging! imagine if Shuna was invited to spend a vacation at the Great Holt...XD poor girl would be so confused and mindboggled. but it might teach her to become the warrior she wants to be.

i wonder if now that Sparkstone is there, the healing spirits in the Tree will fix his leg for him? bet that's part of the dreamy thing going on....the Wolfrider's are having a heady dose of what happened when Mender and Leetah first started spending time together in the holt in Shards...it'd also explain the additional cubs.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyTue May 16, 2017 1:23 am

Vaeri wrote:
-Also seems possibly Blackwing was indeed the sire of Sorrel's cub...but in Winter Vacation, Littlefire said Sorrel was gonna name her cub Sunrise, not Sunspot. so perhaps tis Sunrise's brother through Blackwing and Sorrel, cause there are other cubs. or maybe Wingthing made a typo. Razz or maybe the cub changed his own name.

As Littlefire predicted, "Blackwing, your ARE the Father!" And given that the cub did indeed come out very dark, Sorrel had to modify her name plans slightly. She still got the "Sun" tribute to Sunstill, so she's happy.

Quote :
i wonder if now that Sparkstone is there, the healing spirits in the Tree will fix hid leg

Those rootlets the Tree loves to send into elfin flesh like Borg nanoprobes have SO many uses! Wink I would not rule out some sort of vegetable cyborg leg for Sparky by the time the other elves remember to check in on the Tree. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 5:16 am

Looks around. Hears a few crickets. HELLO ANY ONE HERE.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 am

*materializes from thin air, a la Moonshade* We're here. We're all around you... Moonshade Rayek Devil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next