Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 8:40 pm

I think you're right G0lden! Sure looks like it! Really awesome bauble Embala! I love the mist in this! It makes everything darker in a sense. Also like the sort of mist in the background! It may be a small bauble, but it really stands out!

Awww such an adorable couple! I really like Korafay with this nice human!  :korafay: Such beautiful baubles! I really love those bright blue sea colors for both baubles! He looks so kind to her! I love the image you used for her! Looks like she's giving him the flower in person. Really nice.

Awww One-eye! One-Eye How nice to see him back here! Such a sad image though. Soft green bauble fits him perfectly of course! I like the background with it.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks for "liking" the 2. Night bauble. You were close enough for such a miniaturized, almost greyscaled scene, G0lden - it's New Citadel, Angrif's new capital city. Djunsland for sure. I'm glad that most of the calendar seems to be well recognizable for you. You know your ElfQuest! Very Happy

Trust your ideas, Wolfie. *huggles* I've chosen an unusual picture of Lehrigen - young, drawn in pale memories and exhausted after a lethal hunt. Not easy to recognize.
This re-arranged calendar picture of Cutter, Redlance and Nightfall is special for me, too. Wrapstuff around the baubles ... *chuckles* you can call it a human attempt of making festive wrapstuff.
Redhead was right with the moments I would chose for the father/daughter and father/son scenes. This choice was self-evident.
And you are right again about this old picture of Timmain. She has such a vulnarability and innocence there. I liked this bit of golden decoration going with her ornament ... and the little angel on top. The picture language is speaking to you, Wolfie, even though you have not recognized everything consciously.
Right again with the Djunsland - New Citadel is a villian of its own. Look at this grey, ugly, dirty wound in the land. In a way the chosen bauble enhances the bleak mood.
I fell in love with this picture sequence of Korafay and the elderly fisherman at first sight. And I'm proud how it turned out as a calendar ornament.

One-Eye ... when I made the very first Advent calendar 7 years ago I wanted to keep close to the tradition with 24 doors. And I was not sure at all wether the calendar would be welcomed ... no idea that it will be loved so much and become a tradition of its own. I've started with slightly more than 24 windows but so many of the Original Quest was missing. One-Eye was one of them ... his tears for the lost home and dying forest have drawn me to that minor character.
I decided to add an extention until January 6th for this reposting ... worked in the style of the old calendar as much as I can. It's not a coincidence that One-Eye is the one to start with.

Oh ... I got nostalgic, right? More EQ Nostalgia ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 2015_b11

This charming water dweller is a comparably new drawing among those early drafts I've collected here. Nevertheless she's probably one of the earliest glimpses we got on Brill. This healthy green complexion is not due to the colored sphere. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Love the father-child ones with Cutter.
Allow me to humbly point out that it was exactly the panels I guessed.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 2:39 pm

So we have an elderly fisherman and a young Korafay today sweet. Love the green for One-eye it is perfect.

The soldier is the perfect villain.

Love the sea green for Brill it really suits her.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:36 pm

*huggles back* you choose an very nice picture of young Lehrigen! It's nice to see some images back that i didn't remember anymore, but by seeing them and knowing where it was from, you get to know where they were from. Flashbacks!
It's a great attempt of making festive wrapstuff! I liked it, i just didn't knew what it was called. That's why I named it wrapstuff! Preserver

I remember that beautiful image! The earliest glimpses of Brill!  brill  Always an nice image! I really loved that cover, especially the clothes of Cutter! I love the sea green color in the bauble, it really fits the wavedancer! I love that the bauble looks like a crystal ball! I also really like the background with this! You can see a bit of the background in the bauble. That's a very nice effect!

Nice soldier! Great villian. I love the angle and the shape of the bauble, it's different from the others. I also really like the golden image. I love that it looks like as if the branch is an gun, or maybe even an cannon!!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 4:28 am

Love the Sunstream-Savah bauble.

sunstream Savah

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:16 pm

Awwww Sunstream *or maybe in that image suntop?* with Savah! sunstream Savah I really love the different shape of these baubles! Gold color for both baubles.. perfect! I love these images, but for some reaso i dob't rememver these. I really like that Savah seems to hold his face and put it closer to hers.

Scouter! Scouter I love that image, it makes him look more innocent. He looks bored though. I love this shape of bauble and the red color. Nice background with it.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Exactly, Redhead! Ember

I've loved this moment between Korafay and the elderly guy at first sight, G0lden. It has the magic that captures me. And One-Eye "moved in" quite self-evidently.
This Horsechief wanted to kill the Wolfriders in their Mountain Holt - karma stroke back hard.
Brill got a green aqua sphere. ^^ Not really ... but it looks like a fishbowl.

I'm glad you like Brill's sphere so much. And I love to read your associations, Wolfie.
It's Sunstream - he's an adult and father of an adult daughter. I was lucky to discover this panel ... it looked rather unspectacular in the comic. The baubles really enhance the appeal.
Scouter was much younger and innocent at this time. Scouter

Last edited by Embala on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:31 pm

So it is Sunstream! I wasn't sure. I thought that i deleted that part, looks like i didn't. I think i wondered that because of the shape of the image. It made him look younger in my eyes. Looking at the art style, i should've known form the start that it was his adult self. Really nice chose of image, Embala!

Spirit baubles of Joyleaf andd Bearclaw! Joyleaf Bearclaw They look magical! I love the images you used for them. They both seem to look down from high above. I love the small detail with the lights. The light makes it seem like moonlight from their baubles. Or spirit lights! Really nice one!

Troll villian! Nice! I don't remember where this image is from. He kinda reminds me of an certain troll though, but i'm not sure. I love that the bauble looks like a cage! in my eyes it kinda looks like he's stuck in an washer. His images makes it look like as if he's trying to escape, trying to push the little door out, or trying to step out of a round hole? Really love the glitter detail! I like that the glitter is a darker green then the actual light green bauble!

Dewshine! Dewshine I love her blue bauble! I love the little glitter detail on her bauble. I really love the blue lights around her bauble. It makes her bauble look crystal like! Also like the young image you used for her.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:35 pm

Wow three today.  Savah and Suntop when he was young.  Then two spirits, sorry can't tell who they are.  Of course Krim, Pike, and an old Lehrigen.

The wicked troll king and three more spirits.

Impish Scouter, sweet Dewshine, and the lovely Toorah.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:58 am

Lifemates!

Krim Grin Laughing Pike

And a... comrade in arms.

G0lden wrote:
Savah and Suntop when he was young.

Naah, it's adult-Sunstream. Remember; it's all from Final Quest.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Awww! Pike and Krim with Lehrigen! Laughing Pike Krim Grin Nice baubles, they are quite different then the other ones. I love the images you used, though Leahrigen looks kinda evil in his one! You see so much death in this and yet, somehow peaceful. I love the color and glances you used for the baubles. I like the shadow of the baubles in the background.

Interesting monster baubles! I can see the rain in it! Those are some weird creatures. Where were they from?

Toorah!! Toorah What an cute bauble! She looks very lovely in this image! I love that it looks like as if she's hiding behind the bushes or just secretly looking at someone.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:54 pm

My, I've missed a lot! They are all so pretty, and I love how Christmas evening, 25 th and 26 th are all with Cutter. And how you marked 24 th with the golden thread! It's amazing!

I love how you added Timmain in the 12 nights!

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 There_10 The child is the link!

I almost forgot to show you this early band of Wolfriders ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 2015_g10

... on wolves "huge as greyhound busses". (elf-olution)

Last edited by Embala on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Oh my, they look seriously ferocious right there! Also, the elf in the background kind of looks like Yun in style of dress, haha! Laughing

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:05 am

The last few days I've only skimmed my thread. Many more loving comments wait to get my full attention! Very Happy

Glad to have you back from vacations sain and sound, Startear. All you've missed is a bit of suspence what the next window will bring. ^^ The two calendars, the 12 Nights and all the EQ Nostalgia are waiting for you patiently. Thank you for your great loving comment. I love you I'm glad the "father and child" collages are so dearly welcomed for the Christmas days. Take another look - Cutter shows up on each Advent Sunday and Christmas so far and will continue to claim the holiday panels. Enjoy the last week until Three Kings Day.
Ahhh... Timmain! She really worked hard for her rank among the villians and ambivalent characters this year.  Timmain

Well said, Redhead. Lifemates bidding farewell for the moment and a comrade in arms longing to be included. Another unplanned and unexpected "threesome" ... basically dictated by the bauble arrangement.
And adult Sunstream of course - a very young and innocent looking Sunstream, tho.

Missing one day will reward you with more pretties to find the next day, G0lden. Wink I've noticed myself how young Sunstream appears in this panel ... almost like a young teen again. It helps a lot to KNOW that the spirits of Joyleaf and Bearclaw showed up to recognize them. At least the trio left no doubt!
The Troll is in fact a random warrior ... who managed to almost kill Go-Back guy Gahv in the tunnels. Good guess on the blue coil, G0lden! I've tried to show something that was only mentioned - the "sinister energies" Aurek held at bay in his underground exile. I've used the rockshaped walls of his lair to visualze them.
I'm glad to see you enjoy the ornaments I've added to the 2008 calendar. Impish, sweet, lovely - love your characterisations.

You've recognized the spirit couple! Very Happy Good eye, Wolfie, and good memory. Of course they had to be included after they showed up hoovering in the moonlite glade. I'm happy the baubles captured the mood so well.
The Troll villian is the one who almost killed Gahv. He insisted to get this glittering special bauble ... for no particular reason besides the nice green. Well, it was sort of his dying wish so I gave in. ^^ I love your thoughts and associations about it ... the washer is really a funny thought! Trying to escape - or being absorbed how I see it. Looking at it again today another association revealed itself: the glittery pattern mimics a belt complete with buckle! A Troll belt. Razz
Young delicate Dewshine ... captured in Blue Mountain by body and soul. I love how this one turned out.
The baubles for the Pike/Krim ornament are different indeed, Wolfie. Very old, vintage and partly broken. They were perfect for the death scene and the arrangemant invited to include Lehrigen. Watching the good-bye of the lifemates from a distance ... and waiting for his own moment with Krim. There is light and shadow - sadness, death and last not least peace enough to fit in with the Christmas story.
I know why you see rain in the blue ornament of the Nights - it's the glitter pattern of the baubles itself! The serpentine lines symbolize sinister energies - a possible dark pool. Look up what I've explained to G0lden about the idea, meaning and origin.
What you see in Toorah's bauble is exactly what I've aimed for. Very Happy

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:15 am

Oh,  Cutter with Timmain in wolf form, interesting pair or no so much of a pair; but one and the same if you will.

The Djun and his right hand man, creepy times two.

Suntoucher surrounded by a burnish gold, nice.

Love the new one of the wolf pack and their riders in full battle mode.   it is wonderful in black and white.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 6:28 am

Love the fact that you've included both Cutter with elf-Timmain and Cutter with wolf-Timmain.

Might I point out that the OQ repost gives me opportunities?

Skywise smile
Redlance SMile
Nightfall
Hungry Wolf
Picknose
Cutter Smile
Moonshade
Strongbow Scowl
Preserver
Shenshen Upset
Rayek
Ahdri
Leetah Smile
Treestump
Clearbrook
Two-Edge
Winnie Evil
Tyldak
Aroree Sad
Suntop UncomfortableEmber
Ekuar
Laughing Pike
Savah
Timmain
One-Eye
Scouter
Dewshine
Toorah
Suntoucher

More to follow... maybe...

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:09 am

They were a truely wild bunch in their beginnings, Startear. With IMPRESSIVE wolves. I need to look up the original to see whether the background elf can be identified as Strongbow.

Looks like Cutter is the focus of this year's calendar, G0lden, isn't it? Cutter Cool
The Cutter/TAM/Timmain relationship is a bit of a problem now. How to call it? A pair ... a couple ... one and the same ... two for one or one in two? scratch WolfTimmain has "broken the sphere" - it happens sometimes when characters are very stubborn or mischievous ... or with baddies. I love the effect in this one.
The Djun and his right hand man ... death closing in to bring more death - the icy light and greyish blue ... this ornament feels so cold and creepy now it makes me shiver.
Good to have wise and compassionate Suntoucher to balance it out. Stormcatcher helped me to choose this warm bauble home for him.
Last not least the old draft of a Wolfrider attack... I'm glad the nostalgic ones are welcomed so much, G0lden. And I've learnd to appreciate the b/w variations.

Cutter with elf-Timmain, Cutter with wolf-Timmain ... so who is missing, Redhead? Timmain Two more chances!
Nice to see the OQ Calendar baubles (almost all of them) like pearls on a thread. Very Happy The chances to add to the row ... will decrease, tho. Sad Glad to see your playfulness got inspired! Wink

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:25 am

I forgot Ekuar and Pike! How could I forgot Ekuar and Pike?

I'm guessing Rainsong , Skot , Krim Grin , Kahvi , nonna and adar might turn up.

Tried to find the old calendar in the Scroll archives, but it stops with Timmain

As for who's missing, I'm assuming in the Cutter + Someone else series... hmm... we've got:

Cutter Smile+ Skywise smile
Cutter Smile + Hungry Wolf
Cutter Smile + Leetah Smile
Cutter Smile + Timmain (x2)
Cutter Smile + Shuna (who needs an emoticon...)
Cutter Smile + sunstream
Cutter Smile + Ember (who needs an adult emoticon)

Guess that leaves:

well... I still want to see the Cutter Smile + Nightfall + Redlance SMile one!
One more...
Can't think of any... was gonna say Cutter Smile + Zhantee ( + Leetah Smile ), but that's wouldn't be Final Quest...

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanl you for your very nice and huge reply Embala! I love your idea, meaning and origin about that the serpentine lines symbolize sinister energies.

Ooohhh the early version of the wolfriders!! Very nice bauble! I love this image! Wolfriders atack!! I also love that this is in black and white! It gives me an feeling that the image is old, wich it is. i think i see clearbrook in the background? It looks like her in the time that she cutted a part of her hair of.
I like the background with it. It gives some kind of an ending feeling, like, it's a Happy New Years card!

I really love the baubles of cutter and his then wolfriend Timmain! Cutter Smile Hungry Wolf  I'm glad that you made those two together. They ''are'' together right now anyway, in a sense! I love that you put the wolf is in front of him. Good thing that you made Cutter's bauble smaller. It gives a great effect for that. I love the green colors for these baubles! They look soft. It gives a feeling of the nicer times, for cutter.

The Djun...on his death bed, and the other dude where i don't know the name of..
Really beautiful blue glitter baubles! I like that you made the Djun look up. I also like that you made the other one look directly at the candle! Nice background with this too!

I love the bauble of the pirateship!! I love that you put a skull im the middel of the bauble! Of course this is one awesome background! I really love the kind of effects you made for this bauble! I get the *war* feeling from it.

Last, but not least is Suntoucher!  Suntoucher  Very nice gold brownish bauble! I love the stars in the background and i like its positions! I love that you used the star sybolism for him. Sun and the stars!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:12 pm

Ekuar and Pike were mischievous and hiding in the dreamberry fields? Drinking
Yup, the old thread could not be helpful, Redhead - because I've decided to make an addition to the original 2008 calendar. ^^ Your guesses are reasonable ... but am I? Wink
I'm sorry about Cutter Smile + Nightfall + Redlance SMile ... more than the little extra panel on page 14 you will not get this year. The other one is a nice idea ... for another time. Well, the next one about Cutter will show in a few hours. Cutter Cool

The Wolfriders head towards the new year! Very Happy I've taken a close look. The unknown third rider cannot be identified. It's a Wolfrider who didn't make it into the first publication but he obviously inspired the design of several other elves.
A feeling of nicer times for Cutter ... that's exactly what I had in mind for the Cutter/WolfTimmain bauble, Wolfie.
I'm good with the "dark ones", a bit too good for my own taste. XD The Skull and the Armada are pure evil ... banned in a bauble and then spreading out again like fog. It's refreshing to capture the dark sides now and then ...
... but the kind and pretty ones like Suntoucher flatter the eye, warm the heart and bring smiles. I love to be able to do BOTH.

And Wendy Pini's artwork makes it easy and satisfying. I love you

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:02 pm

It's past midnight here ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 Happyn10

Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 2015_h11

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:48 pm

Oh pretty, but weird.  Cutter/Tam as we know him and then Cutter/Timmain/Tam as he was.

The skull superimposed over the ship creepy.

Oh the golden couple.  Rainsong and Woodlock.

And of course Happy New Year.

Last edited by G0lden on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 6:14 pm

Dark twins? TimmainTAM on the left ... CutterTAM on the right - it must have been such a weird disturbing feeling for Cutter. I've chosen a sphere bursting in multiple light facets and made it a mirror.
The creepy mood of this skull ornament almost frightened myself, G0lden. Almost too effective.
Rainsong and Woodlock were just darlings to make ... and they longed for hearts. I love you I love you

I'm rather proud of these New Year greetings ... the idea jumped right in my mind when I saw this panel. Very Happy It has the mood for a new beginning - cheerful and daring!

This was my very first "Happy New Year" card  - greetings for the 2008 calendar ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 2008_h10

I'm afraid it is unbeatable for all future. Drinking

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next