Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Buying physical copies of Final Quest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

Buying physical copies of Final Quest Empty
PostSubject: Buying physical copies of Final Quest   Buying physical copies of Final Quest EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 2:32 pm

I went to a comic book shop for the first time in a while yesterday and found that they had all four volumes of Final Quest in graphic novel form. Since I only read EQ online these days I thumbed through one of the volumes and considered buying all four of them. Would have been around $80 US with taxes but after thinking it over I realized that I wouldn't have even paid 10 or 20 dollars for these four books. In fact I wouldn't even have taken them if they were free.

There were parts of FQ that I liked but overall it just didn't draw me in like the early EQ stories did and still do. Paying a few bucks for the online versions and reading them once was enough for me and that's as far as I'm willing to go. I just can't justify supporting this lower quality stuff so I put the books back and felt very good about my decision. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Buying physical copies of Final Quest   Buying physical copies of Final Quest EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 4:55 pm

Always good to know what you want, Icetooth - or don't want. ^^

Well ... I'm a bit of a mad collector. I don't really have a choice here. ^^ I've bought the single issues - and the collections. Longing for completation more than for the story, tho.
But I NEED prints to read it right. Planing to buy Stargazer's hunt as soon as I'll vitit nearby town again.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Buying physical copies of Final Quest   Buying physical copies of Final Quest EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 9:49 pm

Buying physical copies of Final Quest 1053131

oh the oldies, but goodies

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Buying physical copies of Final Quest   Buying physical copies of Final Quest EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 5:21 pm

Oh I hear you on the collecting! I still have my old graphic novels (some from Starblaze) and since I grew up with them as a young boy they will always been the quintessential EQ to me. Smile

A few years ago I found Book 3 of the original 4 (same one Kindred shared) in limited hard cover edition at a thrift store. It was still sealed in plastic and brand spanking new. I'm not sure if it is signed or not but it was an amazing find. I paid $20 for it but trust me, I would have paid a lot more than that! Smile

I have it carefully wrapped in a box somewhere...probably will never open it either. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Buying physical copies of Final Quest   Buying physical copies of Final Quest EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 5:02 pm

I had a "near-subscription" on the separate comics on FQ via TFAW, so every 2 - 3 months I could preorder a new comic and they'd then send it internationally. As far as I know they were released as these bundled books and also translated here. But I'd also stop at such a price, esp. considering that I am not really in harmony with the content. Wink
The big books would probably also be very expensive with shipment.

Sometimes it is disappointing to receive expensive books and then notice that print quality or paper quality really leaves room for improvement, to say the least.

On the other hand e.g. the Flesk books were well made, as far as I can judge and definitely worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Buying physical copies of Final Quest   Buying physical copies of Final Quest EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:55 am

At first i thought this was Icetooth talking about burying physical copies of FQ Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying physical copies of Final Quest   Buying physical copies of Final Quest Empty

Back to top Go down

Buying physical copies of Final Quest
Page 1 of 1