Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

End of the Year Holiday Meals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

End of the Year Holiday Meals Empty
PostSubject: End of the Year Holiday Meals   End of the Year Holiday Meals EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Since I know alot of you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, I figured I'd find out what you have and/or serve for your Thanksgiving and/or winter holiday meal?

Here's what I end up cooking most of the time, depending on the meal but usually not all in one...

• Turkey
  • Ham
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Sweet potato casserole
  • Green beans
  • Dressing (or Stuffing depending on where you're from)
  • Pinto beans - HUBBY MAKES THE BEST!!
  • Dinner Roles
  • Cornbread (depends on how cold it is)
  • Corn on the cobb
  • Cranberry sauce - only if the family is coming
  • Lots of gravy
  • Deviled eggs (this year I'm going to try to fry a few cause my son sent me the recipe)
  • Pies: Apple, Pecan and Pumpkin

My sister makes a corn casserole and I LOVE it, never figured out how to make it. My brother makes a chocolate banana pie I swoon over!! 

I feel like I'm missing something

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Holiday Meals   End of the Year Holiday Meals EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 4:46 pm

I do not cook but I know what's a popular meal for Christmas Eve in Germany ...

- Vienna sausages and potatoe salad
- (my Mom preferred bratwurst and sauerkraut with boiled potatoes)
- or carp with potatoe salad instead

and the traditional meal for the first day of Christmas:

- roasted goose with dumplings

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Holiday Meals   End of the Year Holiday Meals EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:28 pm

we too have sausages and potatoe salad on X-mas (Dinner ) and in the eve crab salad with baguette (white bread).
On the first x-mas day it is the awesometastic goose ( I swoon over!) ,second day nothing big, we drive hours long to the grandparents...
And they make a wonderful traditional fondue for the big family on years end eve.
I hope so much, that we can visit them this year again and are not forced to sit at home separated from them (because of corona)

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Holiday Meals   End of the Year Holiday Meals EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:50 pm

I will admit, I have never had a goose, though the sausages sound amazing! I'm pretty good at making baguettes though so Very Happy 

With corona this year will be just the family that live here, but a normal holiday the house is overflowing into the back yard since the house is so tiny.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Holiday Meals   End of the Year Holiday Meals EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 8:36 pm

My family's north German tradition would get us wieners with potato salad (made with mayonnaise) on Christmas Eve or herring salad with bread:
End of the Year Holiday Meals Roter-heringssalat
On Christmas day we would have a small turkey with potatoes and Brussel's sprouts, the leftovers the day after.
New Year's Eve we would either have smoked salmon with grated horseradish and baguette or herring salad - can't remember what we used to have on New Year's day though...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Holiday Meals   End of the Year Holiday Meals Empty

Back to top Go down

End of the Year Holiday Meals
Page 1 of 1