Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest Dolling Thread

Go down 
+20
MrsGrizzley
Davrille
Leanan
thetrappedartist
Beryl
G0lden
Vaeri
Nightsea
wolfmoonsky
Shadowpath
Tymber
sun girl
Startear
ErinC1978
Fairyring
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Tam
ChristinaRaibert
TrollHammer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightsea

Nightsea

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Yep, Stonehowl is dolling material for sure:
http://elvenholt.twilightlegend.net/t64-stonehowl-dollz

I made 2 new ones as a guess about Snowcloud, a character in the last grab bag story by Tymber.

I do PLAN to post in my own thread about the character Nightsea a continuation of her recognition story that will now be for both May and June's submissions. Ahh...to have time to write takes me longer than to doll, so please be patient folks and I'll try not to miss this deadline too! lol

--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Nightsea wrote:
Yep, Stonehowl is dolling material for sure:
http://elvenholt.twilightlegend.net/t64-stonehowl-dollz

I made 2 new ones as a guess about Snowcloud, a character in the last grab bag story by Tymber.

I do PLAN to post in my own thread about the character Nightsea a continuation of her recognition story that will now be for both May and June's submissions.  Ahh...to have time to write takes me longer than to doll, so please be patient folks and I'll try not to miss this deadline too!  lol

--Nightsea

I love these of Snowcloud! See, that's sure to get her more airtime! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 2:23 pm

@ Embala: I agree with you about the dolling fun. That is the point of dolling, isn't it? To see the similarity...and your pint of view with different areas is also so much fun because you never know what you get if you haven`t seen it before! Smile

Thank you for liking my little Centaur family! I really love my husbands' colors and the fact that our son looks almost like a little version of his father! He has blue eyes but his hair has a reddish undertone...and I thought my black hair would be dominant. It was a surprise to me. Laughing As for me - I will definitely try a new version of Fairyring...

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Embala said: "Fairyring in shades of pink. Pink/red and flowers - you should draw her in this variant outfit. (Must look very much like you. ^^)."

@Fairyring: I hope you'll find time to give us a doll of Fairyring.  I'd love to try her myself too sometime.
You don't mind if others doll her, do you?  Do you have a place where you show art of her or have a character description?

As Tynami said before, we used to gather such things in threads for the characters just so people who wanted to see them could do so and also as references in case other talented folks wanted to write, draw or doll them too.

I have threads now for all 5 of my main cast and also the Stonehowl holt dollz on Ty's forum under my Gallery (see the name Nightsea and click on it below the regular thread forum or follow this link: Nightsea's Characters & Dolls for others ).

Yay Dollz!
--NS
Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Ok, so I made a base out of heromachine options...use if you like and let me see the results:
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 Femaleelfbodybasefromheromachineedited1 Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 Femaleelfbodybasefromheromachineedited2
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Oooh! I like those bases!

Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks...I posted them at the doller's forum too. I continue to focus my dollz there, so I hope you'll join us if you have an interest. At least come peek!

Smile
--NS
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 2:46 pm

The bases are tempting, Nightsea ... wish the muse and the energy for "handmade" dollz would meet time.

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Ok, here are my attempts at dollz of Fairyring:
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 FairyringPixiedoll1pixie baseElfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 FairyringRPGbasedoll1RPG baseElfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 Fairyringfdoll(maybe a younger version with alternate outfit)

Created a thread for Dollz of Other Elf Friends at the official EDA forum too.
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Adorably cute pixie Fairyring. I love you She really fits in this environment. I love the edits you did on the RPG doll, Nightsea - Fairyring's top got just the right slit and the typical feathers. A fitting variation, again with lovely feathers. The top is very much Fairyring's style and pants can be practical.

I love your take on her! @Fairyring - come in and take a look on your beautiful girl! sunny

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:29 pm

I like!!!!

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Ok, while I know these bases don't capture the male elves' body styles all that well I couldn't help but play around with some fun what-ifs, as in, what if these guys went Wavedancer?

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 SkywisefloatingElfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 RayekfloatingElfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 Cutterfloats

Just silly fun on the merman base from azaleasdolls.com
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:59 pm

I absolutely buy this, Nightsea!*claps*

There's one thing I had to learn when I was introduced to dolling. For me there are basically two ways to do a good job:
1. Make/find a fitting base and do your best to catch the look perfectly - overall and in detail.
2. Take a random, think "How would the char look in this time/culture/fandom?" and capture the essence.

You've play well with the Wavedancer tribe swap - and you've totally captured the essence. The color schemes and hairdos are spot on, of course.
Skywise got the headpiece star, the Loadstone - neat solution, wrist bands ... and his smirk. Skywise Wink
Rayek got wirst bands too, a radially neckpiece and his haughty attitude. Rayek Completze with cape!
Last not least Cutter wearing a "traditional" vest ^^, complete with chief's knot and fashion statement. Cutter Smile Fab! And I just love that you've used scaled skin to mimic his pants!

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 12:12 pm

Thanks, Embala for your sharp-eyed feedback!  I always love your comments as they let me know just how keenly you observe my dolling efforts.  

I think there are as many ways and reasons to doll as there are EQ fans.  Everyone can get something out of it if they want to I bet.  Making your own character(s) come to life, seeing how doll makers work, programing and art skills...all are aspects of dolling too.  You can pick your "bases" or starter art with an eye for finding the closest matches to Wendy's images...but it's hard to find.  I wanted to do that when I first began dolling, but soon decided I'd just have fun in other ways instead.  Getting things "exact" I usually reserve for the fingers, toes and ears...I like them to be EQ elves!

Meanwhile I doll just to relax a bit.  I like to push the pixels around the screen, recolor things...
I find it soothing in some way to take an image and just mess it around until it is more of what I made it turn into rather than just the options I was allowed at the time.  When dollmakers have cool features and drag and drop items it is similar...I can play.

So here's my latest image...it is entirely just because I realized I had 3 out of 4 seasons represented in my Stonehowl thread (see the last post at that link for the full set!).  

I used the Viking base and finished a new character out of the Stonehowl list for summer...here's my made up version of Clouddreamer:
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 Clouddreamersummer
Officially according to Tymber's site she is:
female, tanner, Auburn Hair, Green Eyes, Deceased

I decided...she'd like Moonshade's color scheme and have a penchant for wraps or strips of hides or clothing...even her hair in braids.  I gave her the necklace as a nod to Moonshade's dead daughter Crescent and thought she'd be a bit like that character would have been if she had lived.

She hasn't been used in a Grab bag as far as I know...but maybe this image will inspire a Stonehowl
flashback? (There are an awful lot of dead characters in his tribe!)  

--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:03 pm

You know that's what is going to happen! I wouldn't be surprised if this image inspires for this month's grab bag, which I have not written yet! Smile

She's only been in the story, once - as a flashback - way back in 2009, and had one line. Mostly was created just as Foxhair's parents (since Foxhair was a major character).

http://www.tawmis.com/stonehowl/feb2009.html

Heh - and there ARE a lot of dead tribe members in my story! Mostly because, when I create these characters, I typically already have their parents lined up - even if they're not in the story - I know, in a flash back who their parents are and I can reference them. And a lot of characters recently perished (when I came back to doing these grab bags here after my hiatus/departure from the official EQ site) because I honestly couldn't remember a lot of characters - so did a "clean slate" thing by writing a story that involved a lot of them dying!

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Nightsea wrote:
Ok, while I know these bases don't capture the male elves' body styles all that well I couldn't help but play around with some fun what-ifs, as in, what if these guys went Wavedancer?
--Nightsea

These are mind blowingly awesome! Especially the Cutter with the "shell" pants/skin!

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks for the praise, Tymber!

It is up to you if you want to let the image inspire your grab bags...but if it does that's super!

I got inspired to try to doll her some more on two more bases, the Xgirl one you like and the Perfect Princess (both on dolldivine):
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 ClouddreamerXElfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 ClouddreamerPerfectPrincess

The outfit has slight variations...but the same idea of strappy clothing in Moonshade's colors,
with a berry-colored necklace ala Crescent.

You didn't say if you liked my choices (some or any ones in particular that are ok or not so much), so I hope the dollz are in keeping with your Foxhair parent idea.

I know I take enormous liberties in giving YOUR characters a look at all. So I will always take any feedback you care to give and if possible change the images. Feel free to offer exact ideas or make requests. Of course that goes for any doll of your characters...have you looked at the gathered ones and the text descriptions for them in my thread on the dolling forum? I'd love
your input if you have.

Again, thanks for the freedom you've allowed in playing. I dig making elves have a visual!
--NS
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:11 pm

You've put a lot of thought in Clouddreamer. The continuing swraps and stripes a a very characteristic style - great idea to mirror it in her hairdo as well. I love the berry colors for he, close enough to Moonshade's color scheme to spark the association, different enough to avoid a "carbbon copy". The Crescent necklace is such a lovely touch. I love the subtle little details like headband, feather adornement and knife you've added, Nightsea, and the wide confident smile. Last not least absolute natural hand edit!

Those many ways and reasons to doll, Nightsea ... for me they are manifold variations of the two basic ways I found for myself. My way ... many other ways and thoughts and reasons ... Vive la différence! Smile

OMG! More Clouddreamer ... awesome! As I said - distinctive, absolutely recognizable style. Absolutely opposing bases yet both X-Girl and Disney Princess are Clouddreamer without doubt. A strong character!
You gave her a visible face, even life ... now I'm sorry she is dead.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Nightsea wrote:
Thanks for the praise, Tymber!  
It is up to you if you want to let the image inspire your grab bags...but if it does that's super!
You didn't say if you liked my choices (some or any ones in particular that are ok or not so much), so I hope the dollz are in keeping with your Foxhair parent idea.

Well, I am LOVING these! LOVING them! You can't ask me to say what I don't like! It's like discussing what I don't like about my own child! (I don't have a child, but these are children of my imagination - giving amazing life, by your time and talent!)

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 10:49 am

I'm so glad you enjoy these images, Tymber!  

And thanks for the thoughtful comments, Embala!  Your feedback always makes me glad I put in those little details because I know someone will see them!  Smile

So now that Clouddreamer is designed visually, I used the official Avatar Maker at EQ (and then
edited to get more choices of course...like one with necklace and one without) and also the Lunaii base cause it is just cute:

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 Clouddreameravatarmaker1Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 ClouddreameravatarmakerandnecklaceElfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 ClouddreamerLunaii

Smiles like Clouddreamer (also picked her wide smile to go with her name...a dreamer should smile I think!),
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:28 am

You've made best use of the EQ Avatar maker, Nightsea! I don't know the maker well enough to know where you've recombined or hand edited the options. Pretty sure you gave Clouddreamer the special braids *loves* and the bright smile. I'm amazed how you made her SHINE.
The Lunaii version is a cutie. I love that you never forget to add the berry beads necklace.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Love the new additions.

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks! Smile

Here's some attempts at Embala:
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmbalaAvMaker Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmbalaAvMakerTwoMoons

I made the Two Moons background to show why her ears are pointy. She's on Abode!

Do you have an elf character I could try, G0lden?
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 pm

I loved Embala with the crescent moons at first sight. I love you With your explanation it's even more precious - so thoughtful! The star-spangled space and the blue eyebrows are a nice touch.
The slightly turquoise eyes suit her. I should define her eyes as colorchanging - from ice blue to sky blue to sea turquoise ... Very Happy

Thank you for those awesome gifts, Nightsea!

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:09 am

No surprise, that though Clouddreamer in my stories, has already died; your dolls have given her new life and she was the main center piece (along with Foxhair, her daughter) of the latest (and probably one of the longest!) grab bags I've done - entirely dedicated to you Nightsea, and the wonderful work you do bringing my characters to life - and making my writing far more emotional for me, now that I see their faces more clearly. Thank you for all you do. You're amazing. You're talented. And I am glad to have met you!
https://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/t300p30-grab-bag-august-2015#10765

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elfquest Dolling Thread
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next