Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rant Away Please

Go down 
+38
Stormcatcher
IceTooth
Prayer
Trollbabe
G0lden
PCoquelin
Embala
Sifra
Miss Gillespie
Evil Evie
underthetree
ErinC1978
Zadzi
sun girl
Wisp
Outlier
Bluetree
Tam
Startear
Shadowpath
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
Nibblet
jaRf
Leanan
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
wolfmoonsky
KR Wordgazer
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Miscellaneous
Davrille
faeriegirl
Kindredsoul
manga
Kojiyumi
anj tuesday
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Rant Away Please - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 7:57 am

I can't believe you have carried a torch for me for nearly 33 years. I don't want you back. I left you all those years ago because of the choices you made in your life. You chose drugs over your family, I chose my chi!dren. You had over 30 of freedom with no responsibilities. All you had to worry about is getting high. I had the responsibility of raising two boys on my own and all that goes with it.

Plus you dare to get angry because I happened to be involved with a couple of men when you decided you wanted to reconcile! Give me a break. You screwed around on me during the entirety of our marriage. Plus I walked in on you once with someone else!

God I hate men at times.

With the exception of a few.

Having an ex sucks and then you tell me you want to see Alan, but you have to save money because you are on disability. I have multiple health issues and I work for my living.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 5:22 am

I am not gonna make an appointment with you over the phone, you bunch of freaks! I live in the same street as you! If you want something from me, you walk the four steps and talk to me using sound! It's not that hard. (And honestly I hate using my phone, which you should know by now...)
People are so stupid nowadays! Rolling Eyes

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Jeg gad sgu godt der var en der kom og spurgte 'Hej, hva fanden skete der?' men meh.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 7:06 am

(Not so much a "rant" as a "seriously?")

Dear computer.
When I select Play all marked on my playlists, I mean all, every over 1000 song, not just the first one.
And strange that you can figure it out when I mark just the first ones (the ones I can see without scrolling down)…

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Poor comp went on strike. Even artificial intelligence should not be forced to play 1000 songs in row without decent breaks to recover! ^^

(most probably the working memory is simply too small for a truckload of songs)

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 7:44 am

No, I'm not going to send my daughter to a school where she learns to work in health care, just because she's a girl! My husband and I are going through all the options with her, giving her the opportunity to choose for herself. I'll support her because I like her the way she is. (to my father, after I told him which high school my daughter will attend. Listening to him was like listening to a short story about my own bad life choices. Rolling Eyes )
(My daughter will probably choose for a school where she will learn a lot about construction, technical matters and cooking/baking, and she's very excited about it.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 am

Hug I like this, Sifra! Like Best of luck for your girl.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 8:10 am

Thank you. Smile My daughter will get there. Smile

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 am

Stupid idiotic fucking good-for-nothing washing machines!
You'd think it would be possible to change the programme if you accidentally started the machine on the wrong kind, right? RIGHT????
No... no-can-fucking-do.
They can do so many other hands, even hand-washing… somehow… but allowing people to correct a mistake? Nope! Not possible!
Guess I'll just have to live with my underwear being washed at only 30 degree… it's not like it needs to be washed at higher temperatures to kill the bacteria… no...

Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 9:04 pm

I have come to the conclusion that finding a new job is just like online dating. In one scenario you are trying to land an interview that will hopefully lead to a new job, and in the other you are trying to get a date that will hopefully lead to a romantic relationship. Both require you to put your best foot forward and try to present yourself in the best possible light.

And both are filled with incredible amounts of rejection.

Whether you apply for jobs or message someone on a dating site, most of the time you just get ignored. Nothing but crickets in the empty hollow of your unmet dreams and desires.

However, if you find yourself getting ignored nearly 100% of the time then you realize you had better change your tactics. You revise your resume/profile, lose some weight or maybe pick up some new clothes or job skills and try again with a newfound passion and fervor! Go get 'em tiger!

And regardless of whatever came before, finally someone responds! You talk about the job/date and maybe it proceeds further and you get so excited! Maybe it will go nowhere, or maybe this is that lucky break you've been waiting for. You get that interview/date and it feels great...finally things are looking up. And if you're really lucky, you might get a second interview/date and then you REALLY get excited! There is so much uncertainty you sometimes lose a little sleep, but hey, you've still got it baby, so you don't let it stop you!

But sometimes things just don't work out and you feel relieved. Maybe you weren't all that interested in that job/person to begin with. Maybe it all looked good at first but then some deal breakers came up. Like being on the call for the weekends, or they live with their ex or the interesting fact that they snuggle up every night with their pet alligator. In any event you don't let this bother you because you learned a little about yourself and improved your dating/interviewing skills and you stride forward with your head held high.

And then you meet that one person or interview that knocks your socks off! You have two or maybe even THREE dates/interviews and you're really excited now! Everything is falling into place and it looks like you've both found the perfect fit and the future is looking so very promising indeed.

But life is never this easy. For one day this new potential employer or love interest informs you that sorry, you're not the right candidate for this position. Seemingly out of nowhere the cold and calloused hand of reality slaps you in the face and it hurts like hell. Sometimes so bad you almost want to cry, but hey, you can't blame them really. A lot of people applied for this job/relationship and you my friend, are just one drop in the bucket!

You have to pick up yourself and keep on going. And then rinse and repeat until you get really lucky and fall in love/get a new job or you realize that it's just not your time and decide to take a break for a while to preserve your sanity.  What a Face

rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl

I have to remind myself that I am lucky that all of those rejections and heart aches from online dating led me to meet my current girlfriend and looking back it was so worth it. But man oh man has applying for a new job been demoralizing. I must have interviewed with more than 10 different companies last year and just couldn't land a new job. I decided to take a break to recoup and have been busy working on a new tech certification that will improve my chances but I last month I decided to apply for a few jobs just for practice.

I interviewed for one job recently that I was pretty excited about...until after two interviews I found out I didn't get the job. And here is the snippet from the rejection letter I received yesterday that inspired this little rant:

"At this time, we will not be advancing your candidacy principally because your experience level does not map to our current need."

Wow...I've seen some PC friendly feel good language in my day, but this takes the cake. Just tell me I didn't get the job next time, thanks. Laughing

Ho hum. Well I have another interview this Friday at a new company but I don't feel too excited about it.

Stay positive IceTooth, stay positive. sunny Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes sunny
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 9:41 pm

Your way to tell about your experiances made me snicker. XD

Good luck, Icetooth! I wish you fast success to find an interesting and well paid job you feel comfortable with. *crossing fingers*

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 1:07 am

So very true IceTooth! I'm just beginning the process of getting another job. I hate they say they treat potential employees.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Best of luck for you too, G0lden! *crossing fingers and toes*

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Thank you for the kind words Embala! Golden I wish you well on your new job search. Smile

I'm determined to stay positive but my interview did not go well. The guy was being quite a jerk and insulting to me and also lied about the conditions of the job.

So I did the only thing that seemed prudent: I told them to take their job and SHOVE IT! Laughing

First time I've ever hung up during an interview. And it felt pretty good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyFri May 17, 2019 1:26 pm

When you tell me to make an appointment with the eye doctor for my youngest child, that does not mean I can visit the eye doctor instantly and have new glasses for her the next week. It means I have to wait for months.
And yes, going to the eye doctor takes me "all day". (meaning: all of the time my daughter has to be at school) Because on the day of the appointment she only has to go to school for 3,5 hours and in order to get the quickest appointment, with a doctor that is also covered by our insurance, I have to travel to another town, with the bus and the train because I don't have a drivers license. Also, a hospital appointment usually takes forever. You don't go in and out in ten minutes.
Rolling Eyes

And to the eye doctor: (I already know she/he's gonna say this) no, I can't limit my child's screen time to half an hour a day. Crying or Very sad  I wish I could...
She has to work on a tablet at school, and when she has a break to eat and drink they let them watch tv (why???), then they watch educational programs in class, also, and after school she has to make her homework on the computer which takes her 15 to 30 minutes usually.
And yes, sometimes she wants to do a game. She's not the type of child to hang on a tablet all day. When I tell her to get off and go do something else she does so.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptySun May 26, 2019 10:34 pm

Icetooth, I despise job hunting. It's a stinking popularity contest. Reminds me of high school.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Yay!! Why to go Icetooth!!

You'll find something soon.

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 1:08 am

Thank you for the kind words! I just had my yearly review which went way better than I'd hoped...so I'm relatively safe from losing my job for the moment (lots of layoffs last few years).

Regardless I'll keep looking for that new door that leads me to something better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Honestly, people, when a young man dies it is not to time to start talking about how "They"* all act as if they own the road anyway! And you'd think that after a tragedy like that, then people would be a little more understanding. No...

*Cyclists. Never mind that it happened at a sanctioned bike race, with closed off roads.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 11:42 am

Why would lack of interaction with other people mean that the person has autism?
Maybe the others are just self centrered loudmouthes and the person has no patience for all the drama they create.

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 pm

My word, would you folks please lighten up a little? This goes to the guy that started acting weird during a job interview a few months ago and also to the various other people that I've spoken to recently. When you ask me what new hobbies or interests I have and I mention that I'm studying Russian and the Cyrillic alphabet I sometimes feel like I just announced that I am about to detonate a bomb. Crickets. Room goes silent. Strange looks.

What is wrong with you people?

The cold war ended a long time ago. It is time you folks moved on. For the record, I live out in the boonies where there isn't much to do and I just wanted something intellectually challenging and I have a fascination with foreign languages. For many years whenever I would see Cyrillic letters I would stare at them and wonder at their meaning. Now they are starting to make sense...I am expanding my horizons and that is a beautiful thing!

I am not a spy, a communist or any other such nonsense! So for now, I'm just going keep it under my hat and only share my interests with people I know and trust.

Idiots! scratch Mad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 12:19 am

People need to lighten up around disabled people. This is for the rude lady at the RT office yesterday. No, I wasn't staring at you, you twit. Like I told you, I'm blind in one eye. It does its own thing. Plus just because I smiled shouldn't bother you either. I just had a happy thought. Good grief, you acted like I ruined your already rotten day. Get a life and grow up.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 8:59 am

Icetooth that sounds very interesting! I think the russian language sounds beautiful. (And I'm not a communist, either.Razz ) Too bad people assume all kinds of stuff.

G0lden Hug Sounds like you ran into a very unpleasant woman.
I have a nervous tic so I regularly wink at random people whereever I go. Embarassed

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 8:23 am

Trump, keep your disgusting ass for a mouth shut.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 11:56 am

Where is that damn thunder?
I was promised thunder!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant Away Please
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-