Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you wondering now?

Go down 
+42
Thorn
Prayer
Vaeri
Zadzi
Redhead Ember
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Trollbabe
Beryl
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Embala
Outlier
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Bluetree
Tynami
Miscellaneous
Evil Evie
Relena
jaRf
Sifra
ErinC1978
Nibblet
Kindredsoul
anj tuesday
Leanan
Startear
Rainflower
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
faeriegirl
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Cleopatra
Stormcatcher
manga
sun girl
Blackbird
Marina.yurk
TrollHammer
Multi-Facets
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

What are you wondering now? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 11:17 am

If I am starting to develop allergies or some kind of hayfever. I think I'm reaching to pollen at sudden.
I've heard that it's possible to develop allergies when working with flowers over time, I had a colleague once who did that. She had to quit, cause in the end she was sneezing almoat by just watching lilies.
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 1:42 pm

Kinda wondering why the icon for the forum changed, it looks all strange now...

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 10:32 am

How in the world can it be that everytime-EVERY %#@?& TIME I am so unfortunate to be sick, I end up worrying for my colleagues at work rather than myself?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 2:20 pm

cathat

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 12:36 am

Appreciate your response here. I was specifically referring to the history of Italy and the fact that this find was so incredibly odd to see. I've studied Italian records from the late 1500s to the present extensively and have examined thousands of marriage documents. This was the only time I've ever found a record where a younger man married a woman so many years his senior. The woman in question had plenty of adult children to help her take care of the farm, and I still stand by my theory that something nefarious was going on.  Shocked

Redhead Ember wrote:
IceTooth wrote:
I'm wondering about this strange chap that I've been researching for one of my lifemate's relatives. In the early 1800s he was 25 years old and married a woman 30 years his senior. I've looked at thousands of marriage records from this period and this is the first one I've seen like this. If that wasn't strange enough, when his wife died about 13 years later he re-married just two months afterwards. And this time, to a woman that was 14 years younger than him.

While I have no proof...I have a feeling that there was some money involved somewhere. Then again they were all listed as peasants who were generally extremely poor so who really knows. But I can't help but wonder if something nefarious happened.  Suspect  What a Face  Shocked

While a 30 year age-gap might have been out of the ordinary, age-gaps - both ways - weren't actually that unusual.

Basically, if a woman was widowed, she'd want to remarry quickly, to have someone to take care of her. And it was more practical to marry a younger guy, who could actually do some work on the farm.
Then, when the woman died, the widower would again want to remarry, and again he'd want to marry someone younger.
Then he'd died, and his widow would marry someone younger...
Well, you get the picture.

Also, at least in Denmark - and probably other places as well - it was customary that when a priest died, and left a widow, part of the contract for the new priest would be to marry the widow.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 3:50 am

Erhm... I have a question for the people from the old SoC forum:
Does any of you remember how the whole "dancing banana" thing got started?
I think there was a dancing banana in the default-emojis of one of the earlier versions, and things just... took a turn... lots of turns.

banana

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 4:08 am

What was his name again? He had a name  that banana... Bernie? Børre? Jarle?
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 5:07 am

Wasn't it Børge???
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 5:27 am

Rainflower wrote:
Wasn't it Børge???

Yeah, Børge the Banana.

Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 7:35 pm

I remember he used to drive me nutshell.

But now I miss him...
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 1:39 pm

In terms of a future career path, would gunsmithing be a better choice than floral design?

Florists have time constraints due to perishable products and event schedules.

The initial investment in training and equipment may be higher for gunsmithing, but the pay is better.

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 5:18 am

I can tell, by my own experience, that the life of a florist depends if you have a boss that sees you as a person and not as a money-making machine to be drained out.

And yes, it's not a well payed job either, that's not to be denied. Not to get away with how they often hire non-educated people to make sure they can pay less.

Don't get me wrong, I used to love being a florists. Furneral flowers was actually my favorite. But I recall how things rapidly changed by the change of management and ownership. Florist is actually more a passion job rather than an ambitious job, and i wouldn't have minded it if it wasn't for lack of good ownership.

So, not gonna tell you what to choose there, just letting you know some own experience.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 9:51 pm

As far as the boss thing, I believe that applies to any job that doesn't involve working by yourself.

My current supervisor is as dumb as a bag of rocks. If she's learned anything, it's not to say the wrong thing to me or about me.

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 11:17 am

I know that's the case.

I remember the second place I was an apprentice, if the old boss hadn't retired and sold her shop, I probably would still be in the flower business by now, cause I really liked her and she expected me to continue and it was easier to work there too. She got quite a shock when she heard that I was the first one to get the message the new ones 'didn't need me'.

Funny thing is that now that the bitchy second-in-command isn't there anymore, cause she made me almost go to a therapist, it's so much better there.

But I'm actually happy where I am now, boss is cool and most of my colleagues are cool. Maybe I'll offer some assistance during Christmas somewhere just to keep the skills intact...
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2023 10:52 pm

Me to HR lady: "Where's my boss? I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks."

HR lady: "She's not with the company anymore."

Me, not the least bit surprised: "Who's my boss now?"

HR lady: "You don't have one."

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 2:00 am

Why my snobbish looking computer tapping sidepassanger on the train smelled like oatmeal🤨
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 5:33 am

Rainflower wrote:
Why my snobbish looking computer tapping sidepassanger on the train smelled like oatmeal🤨

Probably been eating oatmeal...
Or had some oatmeal in their pockets...

Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 7:56 am

My colleague said I must have gotten a Corona nose, because here the other day, one of our flush rooms smelled like custard🤪
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 4:33 am

At my kids' school, people complained that there were too many places to communicate. People missed messages because they didn't know where to look. So they changed it, keeping only one program: the one that was programmed by monkeys.
Jay. Rolling Eyes

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 5:19 am

Why is it called "To catch a cold"? As if you'd actively go out to catch it...

Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 3:55 pm

Well, you inadvertently catch it from others most often.
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 3:58 pm

Why it stands on my work page that I have 8 days left of unused vacation and my boss' next in command told me I only have 6?
She said it had something to do with including a Saturday, and I was like🤨
Well, I got my vacation, but I feel a little conned.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 3:30 pm

Rainflower wrote:
Well, you inadvertently catch it from others most often.

Most of the time... it catches me!

Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 4:50 am

Why is it October already😫it's freaking cold🥶
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 11:21 am

Rainflower wrote:
Why is it October already😫it's freaking cold🥶

I thought it was November earlier today... I was a little confused...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you wondering now?
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: