Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you feel?

Go down 
+40
Trollbabe
Startear
Multi-Facets
Beryl
KR Wordgazer
Miss Gillespie
Leanan
Evil Evie
Tynami
Zadzi
Nibblet
IceTooth
Wiseshaman
Redhead Ember
Rainflower
namuhna
wingthing
Davrille
LurkingCat
Miscellaneous
Bluetree
Vaeri
Prayer
Sifra
faeriegirl
jaRf
wolfmoonsky
Lunakat
Elwing
Blackbird
Stormcatcher
Tam
Cloudbuck
truelight
Stargazer
TrollHammer
G0lden
Tenderfoot
Cleopatra
Marina.yurk
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

How do you feel? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Feeling a little sad. I've been taking care of a lost kitty that showed up in my back yard about a week ago that looked injured and was very frightened. Since I cannot have pets in my house per my rental contact I did all I could to make her comfortable and gave her a warm place to sleep with plenty of food. I put the word out and checked all of the lost pet sources I could but no one was looking for her. I called our local shelter who said they could examine her but work was crazy so I had to make an appointment for the weekend...and then as nature would have it, the cat disappeared when I was scheduled to bring her in.

A few hours later she showed up and I had just a few minutes to get her to shelter before they closed. Turns out she had a very bad skin infection and they accepted her right away so they can get her treated and the staff mentioned how sweet and affectionate she was, so they said they will get her in good health and then find her a good home.

I wasn't quite prepared for how sad I felt after leaving the shelter. I value my quiet home and have made a decision not to have any pets at this point in my life, but having grown up around so many cats as a kid (my mum was used to do cat shows) I know some day when I own my own house I definitely want to get a cat, but right now just isn't the time.

It was nice to spend a little time with her everyday after work and I know she's in good hands since I am very familiar with this local shelter and they came very highly rated from all my pet owning friends...but it was still tough to say goodbye.  cathat

I hope she finds a good home and makes someone very happy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Awww, you bonded with her Hug I'm sure she'll find a very good home considering she is going into a good home and had your care and love to send her on her way to it .

Today, feeling better. Still shaky from the past few days but calming down from the weeklong emotional shitstorm. Also realizing I can be very much overly dramatic when I've had a few drinks in me *blush*

How do you feel? - Page 26 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 1:06 am

Zadzi is right, Icetooth. *hugs* Kitty was lucky that you've cared for her and she will find someone to love and live with. You've shared love cathat and did your best to give your "Winterleaf" a good start. I can so understand how you feel ... I wish you'll find your own little furry bond when time is right.

Glad to hear so, Zadzi. *hugs* I've hoped to read something along those lines sooner or later. It's okay to be a little overly dramatic at times - and this was reason enough! Hug

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 7:08 am

Bit tired... hardly slept all night.

Ahdri

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 12:12 pm

I slept bad, too. The guy on the radio said it was because of the supermoon. Hungry Wolf *Howls to the moon.*

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Scared. Not sure how I am going to pay next month's bills. No one is hiring full time anymore.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 4:53 pm

I wish you and your husband the best, Trollbabe. *don't know what else to do or say* Good luck. Hug

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 5:39 am

Sifra wrote:
I slept bad, too. The guy on the radio said it was because of the supermoon. Hungry Wolf  *Howls to the moon.*

For me I think it was because of the wine...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Icetooth, I felf my heart warm up several degrees when I learned of your kitty friend. Sad You did the right thing. I understand how you feel about the absence of a furry companion. I don't thik I could have lived without animals. But I'm sure she's taken good care of. But a star Like a Star @ heaven for you for doing what you did. Wink

Trollbabe, feel with you. I'm so angry at bosses who think they can just use people like that. Society don't believe people have a life, or that they are people. I know people with the same problem. I hope you find something soon. Good Luck.

I missed the super moon *moans loudly* It was misty that evening. And I didn't sleep badly because of it, but because kitty used my face as a scratching pole really early in the morning.

I feel sad because I feel exploited at work. Like a worn out broomstick. The new next in command at work is... just that. At least one of my arrangements were sold today, that was somehting.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:51 pm

Feeling really weird but excited. The past 2 days I've been looking at forums with pictures of people's cats and getting all, I miss having a cat! And bf is doing the same. Granted, this has been going on for months, but the past 2-3 days it's reached a weird feverish pitch. Yesterday this cat I've never seen before shows up on the porch and has been hanging out. Today it shows up again and comes inside our house. I gave it some food. It doesn't have a collar, nothing. I go upstairs to the bedroom and it follows me, gets on the bed, and starts kneading the comforter while i'm online Shocked
I know she must be someone's cat. I'd love to keep her...maybe she's been abandoned or lost, so we'll be putting up flyers the next couple of days.
I let her out and she comes back an hour later, follows us inside.
She's in the kitchen now, watching me type this Suspect

Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 11:31 pm

you have been chosen, Zadzi. You'd better get a litter tray!

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Yep, I've got an appropriate litterbox...tomorrow comes the kitty litter lol. I do hope she belongs to someone who hasn't abandoned her but I'm really angry that she does not have a collar.

edit: It's decided. She will be brought in tomorrow to stay and there will be a litterbox. The assholes who maybe 'own' her and think it's ok to let her run around the neighborhood without a tag will be looking at a flyer in he next couple of days. Tonight, she has to stay on the front porch and under the house since there is not poop box inside. I've made her a little bed on the porch, left out some food and water.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 9:51 am

That´s really cute, Zadzi!
I agree that you can´t just throw a cat outside without a tag or anything for hours on end. My neighbours are like that, too. Their cats are always outside, no tag, even during the night, and they think my garden is their litterbox.

I have just found out I will be out of a job soon. It was no perfect job. I would have to search for another eventually, but I liked it, and it was so perfect for now. I have no idea what kind of job I'm gonna look for, either.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Argh, I'm sorry Sifra, that sucks! Crying or Very sad You'll hopefully be able to get something even better very soon!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Good luck with the new denmate, Zadzi! ^^

Best wishes for a finding a good new job soon, Sifra.*hugs* Wouldn't it be great if you can be chosen by the right job like you're cosen by a cat? *crossing fingers and toes*

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Thank you both!
I am trying to see it positive, like a new opportunity.

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 2:47 am

Zadzi...it sounds like we were both charged to help lost cats. The kitty that showed up in my backyard had no collar or anything but she was meowing for help so loudly...I'd sure like to have a talk with the jackasses who abandoned her. Exclamation

I'm just glad I got her to the shelter before the weather got so much colder. When they told me about the skin condition and the treatment she would need I was very thankful that they took her in. I've been watching their website and saw some new pictures today of her looking much healthier...I'm going to go visit her to say hello very soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 6:56 am

I see you smile, Icetooth. Very Happy Give the kitty some tender scratches. I hope she'll be healthy soon and fin a loving home.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks, Embala!

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 8:50 am

Feels odd to actually have a day off, considering how busy we have been at work lately. But hey, not complaining. Also, I feel worried that now we have a new apprentice in the store, and she's so very very obviously youth in her way of being. A hint of babe really, and she has such low voice you have to sharpen your ears to listen to her. I hope she won't be too afraid to be helpful during Christmas time, cause that can be exhausting.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 3:07 pm

I hope you've enjoyed your day off, Rainflower. sunny

Don't worry too much about the youngster - she might turn out much stronger than you think now.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Feeling grumpy-sad. Watching a romantic movie when you're unhappy about being single is NOT a good idea.
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm

If it was just movies. You can normally avoid them. It's much harder to avoid all those happy couples in the cities around Christmas time or during spring. It's full of them and - of course it is not their fault - it get's rubbed right in your face how happy everyone else is and how messed up your own life is.

Or you notice that (from the short glance you took) this combination might not even be a good one. And you wonder why they chose each other.

In other news I hate being sick. Typical cold but it sucks. Some people see this as a welcome change from their daily work (a few days off) but for me that was never the case. On one hand it's painful and absolutely unpleasant so you can't enjoy your "freedom" and on the other hand, once you return, the pile of works normally has just grown.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 11:23 pm

So sorry to hear that, jaRf. I hope you feel better soon.

Miscellaneous, even when you are part of a happy couple, it's hard being surrounded by people who go on and on about the children and grandchildren you will never have.

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Um, well, that can be a hard one, I guess.
But then it may be a difference if the reason is biology or due to the partner saying "I don't want children" - or if it's a financial issue.
At least in the first case it can be helped by science and medicine (artificial, external,...) or there is the option of adoption.
For the 2nd and 3rd case, well, I don't really have a clue. One could still talk to the partner. Poverty is omnipresent in the world and can probably only be solved in a common worldwide political effort (redistribution of money, new schemes how societies are built and will work).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you feel?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next