Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Go down 
+7
Lunakat
PCoquelin
Outlier
Redhead Ember
Multi-Facets
Leanan
Wiseshaman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:09 am

Funny thing: when I saw that "supreme leader" holo, I was like " we never saw Palpatine's body... "

Disney will NEVER offer us such an epic scene as this one :

Last edited by PCoquelin on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:25 am

manga wrote:
Ember, that's exactly my thought too! I leaned over to my husband and said "I bet when we meet him, he's super short!"

Great minds think alike...I actually imagined him being about 6 inches tall.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:33 am

Well... according to Wookiepedia, which I'll assume gets it from some background book, he's about 7 feet tall...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:34 pm

PCoquelin wrote:
Funny thing: when I saw that "supreme leader" holo, I was like " we never saw Palpatine's body... "

I have a strange visual of the emperor, Han solo, and the two halves of Darth maul's body bobbing around the killer star's gravitational center.

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:36 pm

Anyway, watch it. And...

Why such a license to Disney NEVER should be sold, you will understand.

jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 PC135_DarkSendSig

Even for $4,000,000,000.

manga

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Don't be such an old gloomer, PC. I thought they did a great job of capturing the feel of the originals; certainly much better than Lucas himself did with the prequels.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:26 am

I'd sell anything for that price. Besides-- Disney couldn't have done anything worse with it than George Lucas himself already did. (#jarjarbinks)

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:41 pm

PCoquelin wrote:
Anyway, watch it. And...
Why such a license to Disney NEVER should be sold, you will understand.
Even for $4,000,000,000.

Man, I agree! Because Disney has made over 4 Billion already with one movie + merchandise!

Because the movie was AWESOME!

wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY KILLED HAN SOLO!
You can't just... kill Han Solo!

Okay, was it just me, being extra cynical as usual - or did Han just walk into that death? I know we have dramatic irony on our side, but when your super evil Dark Side son who obviously has LOTS of anger issues towards you personally goes all disturbingly pained and says "I'm torn between two sides, I know what I have to do..." you GTFO of Dodge!

The minute he said he needed Han to "help him" I was like "Awww HELL NAW! I know this trope! This is gonna end with one of those sword-skewer-hugs, isn't? Run, Han, run! You can't be this genre-blind - oh, don't look surprised you punk! I'm only surprised it took him that long to do it!"

PS: Kylo Ren's lightsaber temper tantrum was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I dunno if he's a worthy successor to Vader, but he's sure rocking that bratty Hayden Christensen vibe!
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:07 pm

It should be pointed out, I think, that the Dark Side is all about passions and giving them free reign. Looks like Keylo Ren is right on track.

Kinda nice to see it highlighted why the Dark Side is for douches and not cool, powerful guys who "just march to the beat of a different drummer."
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:00 pm

wingthing wrote:

Okay, was it just me, being extra cynical as usual - or did Han just walk into that death? I know we have dramatic irony on our side, but when your super evil Dark Side son who obviously has LOTS of anger issues towards you personally goes all disturbingly pained and says "I'm torn between two sides, I know what I have to do..." you GTFO of Dodge!

The minute he said he needed Han to "help him" I was like "Awww HELL NAW! I know this trope! This is gonna end with one of those sword-skewer-hugs, isn't? Run, Han, run! You can't be this genre-blind - oh, don't look surprised you punk! I'm only surprised it took him that long to do it!"

PS: Kylo Ren's lightsaber temper tantrum was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I dunno if he's a worthy successor to Vader, but he's sure rocking that bratty Hayden Christensen vibe!

As for Han's death, I liked it (as much as one can enjoy the death of one's favorite Star Wars character). He, as a father, and also as a promise to Leia, promised to bring his son home. As a father, you want to believe you can save your son; turn him back to good. After all, the greatest failure in any parent is giving up on their child. So to me, it was fitting that he - in the end, probably knew he might die - but he refused to give up, and risked death to try and save his son.

KR Wordgazer

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:16 pm

I finally saw it and really liked it! I thought Disney did a great job of capturing the feel and spirit of the first series. (I saw part 1 of the prequels and hated it so much I never saw the other two.)

But this one had so much of what the first series had: the original concept was to make it like one of the old serials -- a little cheesy, a little overdramatic, never taking itself too seriously but still having lots of heart.

I also loved the fact that the new main character was female and the new "Yoda" character was female! And Rey was a whole, full person, not just a hot, kick-ass female character. I also liked that Finn was another main character and not just somebody's sidekick.

Yes, I felt Hans Solo walked into his death-- but it felt right.  As a father, he knew he was taking the risk that his son could kill him. He did it anyway. As fellow parent, I got it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   jarjarbinks - ::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

::Spoilers!:: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2