Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!

Go down 
+2
Tynami
manga
6 posters
AuthorMessage
manga

manga

Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!   Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! EmptySat Dec 21, 2019 12:59 am

I was going to be dancing over the end credits singing "All hopes delivered!"

BUT.

ARRGH!

I don't know what upsets me more: that they don't get to live happily ever after or that Leia didn't get her son back. Couldn't we see them have a reunion as Force ghosts at least?

Except of course he's not dead.

Really.

Leia's body didn't disappear until his did.  So she had been only mostly dead and gave the last of her life spark to reignite his.

Then Rey stashed him somewhere safe and secret.

(NOT an abandoned Star Destroyer on Jakku, though.  Somewhere healthy, full of green life and light.)
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!   Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 7:41 pm

I loved the movie, but really hated what happened with Kylo, but when you think about it a Jedi's life is supposed to be solitary, no love, no hate, no fear... sigh... they made such an incredible couple... maybe once she dies they'll be together.

I did guess Rey's heritage correctly Very Happy

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!   Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 12:03 pm

That whole solitary, emotionless, attachment-less thing has got to go, though. That was from the prequels and part of the point of that story was that the Jedi had it wrong.

Anakin didn't fall because he loved Padme. He fell because he let himself stop caring about anyone else. Vader wasn't turned back to the Light by peaceful detachment but by Luke's determined choice to love him anyway, and by Vader's own choice to love his son in return.

People fall when they feel alone.

We only rise together.

(Which is part of why Ben's death at the end is such a crying thematic WASTE.)
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!   Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 5:56 am

I lost track of the Star Wars franchise. I saw the movie that came out around the time Carrie Fisher died. Too much to keep track of.

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!   Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 12:20 pm

I just couldn't get into the new movies. I wanted to walk out of the theater during the second one and after that I decided to emotionally disconnect myself from the future of the Star Wars movies. No desire to see the new movie but I did enjoy the Mandalorian series.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!   Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 9:32 am

Went to watch it yesterday, I liked it. Not my favourite, but not terrible either. Though, I'm slightly disappointed about the bit with Rey being Palpatine's granddaughter; I liked the idea of her just being nobody.

And, because I'm a weird nerd, I like reading TV tropes pages about stuff I've read/watched, and... I think there was a slight typo here:

Quote :
Various ships from the animated shows make camels in the Gondor Calls for Aid scene,

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
anj tuesday

anj tuesday

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!   Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Made it a Christmas present for (young relative), so it was the first Star Wars movie I saw in the cinema in quite a while.

Enjoyed it -- though it kept switching around too fast with nary a pensive moment. The Sith blah-blah also failed to convince me, but it's not as if Star Wars had ever been consistent or especially intelligent.

Emotional moment: When the other deserter told Finn her entire company defected together when they were ordered to fire on civilians. That got to me.

So I guess it goes in the "solid okay" bucket along with Rogue One, Solo, Empire, and the original movie.

There's no better-than-okay bucket any more. I can't go back to discovering it with the eyes and mind of a ten-year-old (approximately).

The look and feel of it still does it for me, though! Walkers, the Falcon, the droids, good stuff.

Quote :
And, because I'm a weird nerd, I like reading TV tropes pages about stuff I've read/watched

...or haven't even heard of. That site is a maze... made of quicksand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!   Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead! Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars IX - SPOILERS ahead!
Page 1 of 1