Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Empty
PostSubject: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 1:24 pm

All stories, poems, lyrics and art, must be ElfQuest related (not necessarily the ElfQuest canon characters, we all know and love; but take place within the "ElfQuest" Universe). Stories/poems/lyrics must contain all elements, while art just needs to contain at least one:

A very loud noise
going on
magic
dread

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:05 pm

And here is my contribution!

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Nightdancer%20magic_zpsjwaq2rga

Nightdancer from BoTC comics/anthologies. At least, I'm guessing this is her? All we know is that she has some kind of water based magic, and was part of the first attack on the humans. She's also the mother of one of my ocs.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 6:52 am

Dark Night

What is this?
Dread-stink,
foul,
fills the air.

Dark magic lingers,
for years without an end.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ear-splitting mental cry
pierces hearts and souls.

Go on chief-son;
defeat the darkest force.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Heh, not so cryptic this time! I like how the last two lines can be interpreted as both the foul magic pool that Sunstream defeated, and Cutter egging Madcoil to follow him. Sure, Sunsream was the one who truly defeated that evil, but Cutter thought he did the same, yeah? Anyways, I like how evocative the poem was. Nice one Red.

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Startear wrote:
Heh, not so cryptic this time! I like how the last two lines can be interpreted as both the foul magic pool that Sunstream defeated, and Cutter egging Madcoil to follow him. Sure, Sunsream was the one who truly defeated that evil, but Cutter thought he did the same, yeah? Anyways, I like how evocative the poem was. Nice one Red.

I am missing something - Sunstream defeated the evil of Madcoil? WHAT?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:07 pm

@Tymber Read In All But Blood - the last story Full Circle.

Long story short

- SPOILERWARNING -

The foul magic pool still lingers in the old Holt after 10.000 years. Redlance is not able to regrow the Father Tree from a seed they had rescued. Sunstream fights the Dark Pool with light and "cleans" the place. The Father Tree can be regrown in the old Place.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:15 am

No... Not so cryptic. Of course I had a very... Peculiar... Reason for suggesting a very loud noise as an element...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Embala wrote:
@Tymber Read In All But Blood - the last story Full Circle.

Long story short

- SPOILERWARNING -

The foul magic pool still lingers in the old Holt after 10.000 years. Redlance is not able to regrow the Father Tree from a seed they had rescued. Sunstream fights the Dark Pool with light and "cleans" the place. The Father Tree can be regrown in the old Place.

Ugh.

Rolling Eyes

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:22 am

Startear wrote:
And here is my contribution!
March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Nightdancer%20magic_zpsjwaq2rga
Nightdancer from BoTC comics/anthologies. At least, I'm guessing this is her? All we know is that she has some kind of water based magic, and was part of the first attack on the humans. She's also the mother of one of my ocs.

I know nothing about Nightdancer, as I did not read Blood of Ten Chiefs. However, I am amazed (this is what I mean from before), how you're able to do the shading - especially in the shirt, with the different colors to provide depth. I have tried doing that - and I can never make it look right. Ever. So kudos to that!

Redhead Ember wrote:
Dark Night

What is this?
Dread-stink,
foul,
fills the air.

Dark magic lingers,
for years without an end.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ear-splitting mental cry
pierces hearts and souls.

Go on chief-son;
defeat the darkest force.

One of the cool things about Red's poems, when she leaves them ambiguous (as she usually does!) - interpretation is up to the reader (which is, I am sure, her intention). We all read the same words but have different views.

To me, this reminded me of Blue Mountain. The Dead Stink and Dark Magic "living death" that Winnowill has brought to Blue Mountain, for years, as we know, without end. The scream, is Two-Edge, trying to find out who or what he is. Then the Go On, Chief-Son is Two-Edge encouraging Cutter to either defeat Winnowill and/or the trolls who have laid claim to the palace. The ear splitting mental cry, is again, Two-Edge's own echos of when his mother tortured him. The loud noise, naturally, also makes me think of when Two-Edge hammers ...

Well done.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyMon May 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Warning: There's a ton of pictures here. Please tell me if some of them aren't showing.
My entry was 'Dread', but I think I managed to get some of the others in?

I ended up getting the idea the sending-bubbles/speechbubbles are the same colour as the sender/speaker's eyes. (I blame it on how much snow there is.)
This took so long to make because my muse insisted I draw everything that leads up to this. Meaning there’s about 20+ more
panels I’ve haven’t coloured.

Long story short: Res wanted to go exploring. After 3 weeks, he and group of 6 elves end up finding a odd, small village that consist of big boulders-made-into-huts.
Some of the elves go off to hunt, leaving Res alone with Charring and Buniq who start arguing with each other over who lived there.
Res gets bored with them and wanders off for more exploring.

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao1_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao2_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao3_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao4_500

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao5_400

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao8_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao6_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao7_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao9_500

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf5ecqDJ1sda8vao10_500

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao1_400

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao2_500

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao3_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao4_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao5_500

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao6_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao7_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao8_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao9_1280

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kf9jB7Z71sda8vao10_1280
Res: *Charring. Did Chatterbug leave with Ice-Eye and the others?*
March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kfcjvhdj1sda8vao1_1280
Charring: *Er, yah? I thi-...wait. Where did you go? Are you hurt?*
Res: *I'm fine! I'm outside the village, on the hillock. I ne-...*
(Non-understandable sending)
Res:Um...
Charring:* What? What's going on? Res? RES?
March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kfcjvhdj1sda8vao2_1280
Res: *I...I found somebody buried in the snow. She's hurt. Badly, I think.*
Charring:* YOU WHAT. Errrrh,stay there! We're coming!
Res, thinking: I don't have much of a choice, Charring... 
(Non-understandable sending)
March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kfcjvhdj1sda8vao3_400
Res: ?
*Hviall.*

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Tumblr_o6kfcjvhdj1sda8vao4_1280

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue May 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Oh wow! I have been waiting eagerly ever since you told me about the massive project of yours! It was definetly worth the wait! This is amazing!

I love how the furs Res is wearing is yellow, it's very cool! And it adds good contrast to the wintery sky and his other clothes. I like how this other character's fingers are wolfish claws. I like how Hviall looks positively catatonic. You color coded the sendings, that is really clever!

Only nitpicking I have is that Hviall might need some blood on her hair... or on the snow nearby. Maybe? Though I guess the blood is too dry? Depending on how long she was buried there?

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 6:22 pm

I have returned...

Expanded on my Feb 2016 submission...

March 2016:
https://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/t630-march-2016-grab-bag-stories-art-poetry-lyrics-etc
A very loud noise
going on
magic
dread

Stream suddenly looked concerned, “Do you… wish to have a child?”

Buren saw her sudden concern and smiled genuinely, seeing that she cared deep enough to suddenly be concerned. “No,” Buren smiled. “That is, if it can not be with you, then I see no need for children. You are all that I need.”

She smiled and pulled him close, their lips meeting in a loving kiss. For most of her life, Stream was certain that she would never find her Soul Mate. She spent her days, healing those around her, while her own heart ached desperately for love. Never in her wildest imaginations, did she think she would find love and compassion in the heart of a young human.

Her heart felt liberated around him; she found joy and laughter in everything he did. He was never afraid or ashamed that he was not as graceful as his fellow Elf tribe members. He made the most of it, and often showcased his lack of agility and skill.

As Buren got up from the furs and threw on his leathers, Stream could tell; though he had said he did not want children; his heart ached to hear the sound of young cubs. But it was impossible. Perhaps with powerful magic it could be possible – could it not? She placed her hands on her stomach. It had been several years since she lost her magical ability to heal others; sacrificing her power to heal Buren when he was a young boy.

What if… what if it was in her … to make it possible?

It had been a few days later, when Stream had been out collecting flowers, when Stillbreeze’s voice startled her like a loud noise. “Does he know?”

Stream looked up in the tree just as Stillbreeze jumped down from the branch. “Does who know what?”

“Buren,” Stillbreeze replied. “Does he know you want a child?”

“A child,” Stream tried to brush away the idea.

“I’ve seen. You touch your stomach frequently. Wishing the seed to grow,” Stillbreeze commented, placing her own hand on Stream’s stomach. “Even if you still had your ability to heal, do you think it could have been possible – a mating between elf and human?”

“I would have never thought it possible, no,” Stream confessed placing her hand over Stillbreeze’s hand. “But there have been stories about a troll who is both elf and troll that once existed – or perhaps still exists. How did that happen? Undoubtedly with a healer’s magic.”

REGULAR SURVIVING STONE HOWL:

• Shadow (Male Soul Name: Tyru) – Black Hair, Tanned, Green Eyes (Elder brother to Purespring, Chief)
• Foxhair (Female Soul Name: Loun) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Hunter)
• Snowspring (Female, Soul Name: Tylo – Black Hair, Green Eyes) – Seven years old. Daughter of Shadow and Foxhair.
• Spearclaw (Male, Soul name: Lren) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Scout)
• Vineweaver (Male Soul Name: Reyk) – Auburn Hair, Blue Eyes (Tree shaper, Soul Mate of Stillbreeze, Plant Shaper)
• Stillbreeze (Female Soul Name: Hewl) – Brown Hair, Brown Eyes (Soul Mate of Vineweaver, Tanner)
• Echo (Male Soul Name: Ayav) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Magic)- About Sixteen years old.
• Windfetcher (Female Soul Name: Burm) – Auburn Hair, Brown Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Next Potential Chief… If She Has Her Way!) – About sixteen years old
• Snowcloud (Female, Soul Name: Mill) – White Hair, Green Eyes (based off white lions)
• Stream (Female Soul Name: Vree) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Healer)
• Buren (Human, Brown hair, hazel eyes) – About 18 years old in human years

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc
Page 1 of 1