Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)

Go down 
+6
Redhead Ember
Startear
faeriegirl
Multimedea
Kindredsoul
truelight
10 posters
AuthorMessage
truelight

truelight

Pisces Dragon

Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 2:32 pm

I just finished the Kahvi graphic novel. I had read the single issues forever ago and hadn't read the Two Spear stuff.
I am left with some questions.

1. Two Spear is Kahvi's Sire but who is her Mother?

2. Was her wolf friend ever mentioned again?

3. Was Aurek (EGG) ever mentioned again? What happened to him?

4.Did the Old One's death seem really weird that he just randomly committed suicide?

I did the math this also makes Kahvi Cutter's 5th cousin.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:20 am

truelight wrote:
I just finished the Kahvi graphic novel. I had read the single issues forever ago and hadn't read the Two Spear stuff.

Ok.....

Quote :
1. Two Spear is Kahvi's Sire but who is her Mother?

Willowgreen

Quote :
2. Was her wolf friend ever mentioned again?

No, just that she bonded with one

Quote :
3. Was Aurek  (EGG) ever mentioned again? What happened to him?

Not to my knowledge, but Embala-Wiki would know

Quote :
4.Did the Old One's death seem really weird that he just randomly committed suicide?

I haven't read this in a really long time, so my memory is kinda foggy on this one

Quote :
I did the math this also makes Kahvi Cutter's 5th cousin.

Actually, it was Kahvi's true sire that's questionable.

There's the possibility that she was actually sired by Greywolf (stated in the EQ.com character profiles (not the forum)), so any relation to Cutter would be questionable as well.
Back to top Go down
truelight

truelight

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:18 pm

I thought Greywolf and Willowgreen had a boy. The kid that was hunting with Kahavi at the beginning of the flashback. SO I was thinking Kahavi was maybe Willowgreen and Two Spear's or Two Spear and an unnamed elf via recognition? Willowgreen didn't seem very motherly toward Kahavi. Kahavi does look a little like Two Spear and is batshit bonkers like he is.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Bio link ---> http://www.elfquest.com/kahvi/#/discussion/embed

Quote :
During her journeys, she learned that she was the daughter of long-dead Wolfrider chief Two-Spear’s and his mate, Willowgreen–though the possibility remains she may have been sired by Greywolf. She embraced her Wolfrider heritage and bonded with a wolf.

I never go by any other information other than the Elfquest site in order to save myself from being further confused between the *canon* stories and the *non-canon* stories.  I figure, whatever is done via *non-canon* that IS adapted into the *canon* storyline, it would be added into the EQ information (be it genealogy, bios, timeline events, etc)

Most likely Greywolf and Willowgreen DID have a cub. It's not like the elves were monogamous.  As for Willowgreen not seeming motherly, my impression when reading it (from what I remember) was because Two-Spear appeared too focused on rearing Kahvi as the next chief, Willowgreen kept out of the way.  That, and she appeared way too intimidated and afraid to cross paths with Two Spear if she didn't like how he treated Kahvi.

Thus keeps herself in the ways of "distant" to her daughter

That was just my impression of it Wink
Back to top Go down
truelight

truelight

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:17 am

yeah. Perhaps she has an older half sibling born to Greywolf and Willowgreen from recognition and she was born out of luck to Two spear and Willowgreen?
Back to top Go down
Multimedea

Multimedea

Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptySun May 17, 2015 5:54 pm

truelight wrote:

3. Was Aurek  (EGG) ever mentioned again? What happened to him?

If the Pinis' are still considering FutureQuest to be canon...Aurek shows up in "Jink" and "The Rebels". I also have a feeling that it might be Aurek's image (and not Door's) in "Final Quest" #8.

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:55 am

What Multimedea said indeed.

And regarding Icetooth's suicide... I guess it can seem a bit random, but I always thought that he did so to make Kahvi the chief. He was still regarded as chief by most elves of the group, and he wanted to step down... but couldn't think of a way to do so except dying.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:59 am

This was my understanding of the scene, too.

Plus the simple fact that he must have been OLD ... he was born during (or even before) Two-Spear's chief time - and Two-Spear was Blood of Four Chiefs. Doing the simplest math we talk about 5,000 years of living - give or take some centuries. He must have been very tired of live ...

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:33 am

truelight wrote:
I thought Greywolf and Willowgreen had a boy. The kid that was hunting with Kahavi at the beginning of the flashback.

I originally thought the same. Redbark, that boy, was dressed similarily as Graywolf, hence I thought him as their son. But there was this quote on the SoC... The thing was that that child was something Two-Spear could use to bully his daughter with. Redbark was at the same age, but nothing more significant than that.

Still, I am very curious on how his "chieftainship" was.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 8:33 am

Re Aurek:

Final Quest 10:

Kahvi's parentage:

Kahvi was raised as the daughter of Two-Spear of Willowgreen, but since Willowgreen Recognized Greywolf (and kept it secret) it's possible Greywolf was actually her sire.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:23 pm

I dunno, I know there's speculation that she may very well be Greywolf's...but she even said she was Two Spear's and I don't think that's something that would be randomly thrown out if it could be refuted. Of course it might, but I don't think there was that much deception going on that they would hide the identity of their daughter from him, even if they initially hid their recognition. Two-Spear may've not had magic but he had a hell of a sense of smell, I imagine. Wouldn't he be able to tell the difference between his own blood and Greywolf's?
Redbark seemed like he would be the other child, of Willowgreen and Greywolf, unremarkable as he may've seemed from that snippet we saw.

But, who knows for sure....

Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Aelia

Aelia

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Do you all still think Kahvi is being considered Two-Spear's daughter? My belief is that that storyline has just been rewritten through a big fat retcon in Final Quest. As Two-Spear/Greywolf's daughter, Kahvi would have been a full-blooded Wolfrider. That certainly wasn't the case when the Go-Backs hosted the Wolfriders in OC #16. At that time, it was hinted that the two tribes shared a common origin, since they were much alike.

In Dreamtime, Nightfall told Cutter Kahvi cut her cocoon, woke her and told the story of her having wolfblood, and later Nightfall said Venka was more wolfrider than she knew herself.
In Final Quest, Nightfall says she dreamed that Kahvi woke her, and therefore Kahvi's wolfblood now is also nothing more than a dream.
Cutter said to Kahvi's spirit that he always thought that she might have a drop of wolfblood in her.

So there we are. From being a wolfrider, a storyline that was once spread out in an entire miniseries, to "might be having a drop of wolfblood", and that miniseries was just a dream.
Two-Spear's daughter, no more.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Aelia wrote:
Do you all still think Kahvi is being considered Two-Spear's daughter?
YES. Simply because Wendy Pini always insisted that Kahvi is Two-Spear's daughter. Though she did it in a way that there stayed a vague possibility that Kahvi was not sired by Two-Spear.

Don't get me wrong - THIS would be a retcon I'd welcome! (not the part about declaring the complete Kahvi mini series non-canon but the part about Kahvi's parentage)
Personally I've made it "fit" in my mind this way:
1. Kahvi is born as a full blooded Wolfrider.
2. She was "killed" by her (foster) father before Willowgreen removed the wolfblood from all her tribe members.
3. the magic pool which preserved her life and body also diluted her wolfblood to next to nothing. This way she could live as long as she did.

Wasn't aware of Nightfall's and Cutter's quotes in FQ ... let's try:
4. The long sleep and the various dreams confused Nightfall. She has forgotten most about thisincident and considers the faint memory of Kahvi waking her a dream now. (Okay, that's a stretch!)
5. Cutter is simply right. He "always" had a suspicion and it's hardly more than a drop left in Kahvi when the tribes met.

Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 11:31 am

I thoroughly detested it. It cheapened the GoBacks origin, degraded and assassinated Willowgreen's character and was a mess thoroughly. Art was shoddy and the only good thing from the story was
Aurek/Egg surviving the fall of Blue Mountain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)   Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kahvi Graphic novel (spoilers)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest Comic Discusions-
Jump to: