Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #12

Go down 
+39
Stormcatcher
Embala
Cloudbuck
Multi-Facets
Zadzi
Stargazer
Davrille
wingthing
ErinC1978
Shadowpath
Vaeri
TrollHammer
Miss Gillespie
G0lden
kathleen3.0
Miscellaneous
sun girl
Outlier
Redhead Ember
KR Wordgazer
Sifra
PCoquelin
Wisp
manga
howler monkey
Tymber
Soreyes
Paranthropus
Tenderleaf
Lurks
Kindredsoul
m0nkeyh0use
wolfmoonsky
Tam
Josine
Arthis
Trollbabe
Merelf
Nibblet
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunakat

Lunakat

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 8:23 am

Y'all saw this, right? It seems someone finally tells Cutter that he's just a character in a comic book:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/25-092/ElfQuest-The-Final-Quest-12

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 am

Pike Stunned  LOL  Pike Rolling Pike always knew ... thus his dreamberry addiction ^^

Hopefully the end of this chapter will tell the story behind the "Big Teaser"!

Final Quest #12 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Yes, please, don't make us wait any longer for answers, chapter!

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:09 pm

Honestly... I wouldn't be surprised if this issue ends with the freak-out and we then have to wait until issue 13 to learn what it's about.

Wonder what Redlance and Nightfall's quest will be about, supposedly something we'll hear more about in issue 11.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Honestly... I wouldn't be surprised if this issue ends with the freak-out and we then have to wait until issue 13 to learn what it's about.

THIS! Twisted Evil

Final Quest #12 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 10:15 pm

#6 blurp: "...The human warlord Angrif Djun, more furious than ever, prepares a massive assault upon every elf living on the World of Two Moons..."
#7 blurp: "...a dire threat surfaces..."
#9 blurp: "...But Cutter’s greatest concern is Angrif Djun’s massive war fleet, which seeks to crush all elves and their allies..."
#10 no mention in the blurp, but we get to see a dying Angrif and his fleet on the cover
#11 blurp: "...Angrif Djun’s war fleet invades the Wavedancers’ waters..."
#12 blurp: "... just as the Wavedancers deliver dire news: the Djun’s warships have arrived..."

oh and this:

#11: "...as a shattering moment of truth occurs between Cutter and Timmain..." so maybe we learn this shattering truth in this issue (or in #17, who knows).

Even though it's a nice gesture, that Angrif's troops are still honour his final wish and attack the elves nevertheless, humans don't react this way. Normally they would turn and figure out, who's going to be the next king (as the Mongols and the Huns did). Just name one historic example, where an army continued an attack even though they knew their leader was dead.

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 1:20 am

What if the horrible secret is the Wolfriders can't go in the Palace unless they give up their wolf blood? What if their wolf blood that made them part of Abode somehow keeps them from leaving, and the connection has run deeper than anyone realized?

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 4:21 am

Truth may happen to be ugly.

Cutter has had to 'face his own truth' many times, already, but I guess there's far more waiting.
His 'falling' dream speaks volumes.

And many, MANY secrets have been carefully kept, up to now, by Savah and Timmain.

Final Quest #12 PC1028_SadEyes2Av

Or do you really think we, the readers, were presented everything, all along!?...

Final Quest #12 Banner      
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 11:50 pm

Pretty much every blurb for every Final Quest issue could be distilled down to:

A threatening new threat threatens the elves, as the chosen must choose to make a choice! The most game-changing ElfQuest issue for the NEXT TWO MONTHS!
Back to top Go down
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:08 am

Haha Wingthing. Totally nailed it... cheers
Back to top Go down
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:13 am

I'm not sure what this quest is about.. Are the elves getting ready to leave Abode? Or just choosing to live in the palace. I can't remember having it explained.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:40 am

I don't think it has been explained yet. I don't think the actual quest-- whatever it is going to be-- has gotten started.

Yeah-- it's a little confusing. I mean-- Skywise has talked about the elves returning to the "star home"-- but what does that mean? Does that mean living in the Palace? It wouldn't make sense for them to try to go back to their original world-- since, from what we know, that world died and had to be abandoned because it was used up. Given that, what would make them think they could live there now? So I assumed the "star home" was referring to the Palace itself.

There seems to be some indication they are all assuming the Palace is going to have to leave the planet. I don't know why. Maybe so some of them can go explore and look for a better place to live? Would they come back to get the rest of them then? There's no real reason they should *have* to leave-- I mean.. .they have the power now to zip around the whole world on a whim and could literally settle anywhere they want. If they wanted to find the perfect place on the Wo2M, they totally could do that. So why the elves have to choose is confusing to me. Anyway-- i'm sure it will be explained eventually.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 11:52 am

wingthing wrote:
Pretty much every blurb for every Final Quest issue could be distilled down to:

A threatening new threat threatens the elves, as the chosen must choose to make a choice! The most game-changing ElfQuest issue for the NEXT TWO MONTHS!

The issue, you don't want to miss!
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 12:20 pm

@Luna: and besides that, they can go 'any-time', and shoot, the Palace can 'look' like anything and exist anywhere, so why not head out the the deep ocean, make a Kandorean bottle city above or below the waves, and then just sit back and laugh at the stupid humans running circles around themselves?

howler monkey wrote:
I'm not sure what this quest is about.. Are the elves getting ready to leave Abode? Or just choosing to live in the palace. I can't remember having it explained.

It's a quest to find Angrif's warfleet-- it got lost with five-fingers at the helm, since they pretty much need Elves, Trolls, or the combination of both (Two-Edge) to get anywhere 'on their own'.

My morbid-quest predictions...

"Cutter, sorry to tell you this... you aren't part wolf, not even close. See, Timmain did become wolf-form for a bit, but then changed her mind and became a near-wolf after seeing that 'owned' pets had their meals handed to them by good owners.

Unfortunately, she had a human owner that was a bit of a freaky pervert.  She didn't really understand what 'normal' human behavior was to know what he did was wrong at first, but by the time Timmorn was born, she decided she'd never tell him. A little flesh-shaping and the wolf story seemed to cover it for the early elves.

Winnie and Leetah (and Timmain, of course) knew the truth, though... In issue #12, they get bored waiting for someone to do something and decide to deliver the punchline to Cutter-- that ain't wolfblood in your veins, Cutter, you're great-to-the-Nth granddaddy was a Shaman...

...and also turns out to be Angrif's great-to-the-Nth granddaddy, just because 'we are breaking every rule' and 'be careful what you wish for'.

Meanwhile, Angrif's warfleet arrive at the Wavedancer camp, who see it for what it was intended to be. The hollow eyesockets of Angrif's skull whistle as the wind blows by, and the salty spray form tears on his cheekbones, because his navy have turn pacifist in the interim: they have come en-mass just to make peace with the Elves for all time, to live in harmony and stress-free bliss...

But as always, there has to be some misunderstanding about it all, and the Wavedancers launch a full scale defensive attack on the fleet.  As the fleet had disarmed itself in its mission-change (to seek out new Elves and new Allies, to boldly go where Angrif has never gone before), they are utterly destroyed.  In the meyhem the Wavedancers end up having about a 50% mortality rate on kamakazi attacks.

In the end, the Wolfriders decide that, since they don't share bonds with their beloved wolves (or, as it turns out, just not Cutter, as the Chief's line had never 'renewed' the bloodline with Wolves, but they don't know this yet), they decide to shed all their ties to the world, all become immortal, and leave the whole 'rest stop' the Coneheads had decided to pull over into so long ago.

The end.

Final Quest #12 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 2:04 pm

It's true they don't have to return to the coneheads' home planet/"the star home", but humans breed like rabbits, flies, and rodents combined. Soon there won't be anywhere left to hide on Abode.

Lunakat

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 2:51 pm

It's not just whether they have to go back or not... but can they? I mean-- the way the story was told-- the world died and couldn't support life anymore. So why would they even think they can go back to it? I also had the impression it's sun exploded or something...  not sure where that came from. But either way, that world was supposed to be kaput!

So what is Skywise talking about when he mentions the "star home"?

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Elwing's gloomy predictions #3....Methinks that Cutter's daughter in law and granddaughter are toast. The humans kill them stone dead, probably just shoot them with a gun. They got just enough exposure for the reader to care a little about them and now the get offed just to give Cutter and family something to totally freak out over.
Kind of hope I'm wrong though.
Back to top Go down
howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Elwing wrote:
Elwing's gloomy predictions #3....Methinks that Cutter's daughter in law and granddaughter are toast. The humans kill them stone dead, probably just shoot them with a gun.  They got just enough exposure for the reader to care a little about them and now the get offed just to give Cutter and family something to totally freak out over.
Kind of hope I'm wrong though.
Actually, I think they'll be the only survivors. They're safe in the palace. But the rest of the wavedancers, they're definitely toast...
As to the quest not having begun yet. They sure seem to know something we don't. What's with the "let's get all elves in the palace so they can decide"? They seem to have something in mind, I just think we need some motives to their actions. The home planet is dead and gone. They said that themselves. And living in the palace among the stars, that just seems like a big decision that noone really talked about before. I never doubted what the original quest was about. This just seems flimsy
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:56 pm

It's not really seeming intriguing so much as annoying, this guessing of what the quest is all about.
I always thought they just wanted to find some other star or planet to live on, some other livable place. But that's never been said outright, has it? They can't just all live in the palace indefinitely, I know it's not all of them, but the palace being the only other option to living on Wo2M seems kind of lame

I wish I had some predictions, but nothing I've read so far in FQ has been solid or tangible enough for real speculation so I'll just speculate about death instead, because I'm in the mood. Mind you, I don't think these deaths will happen immediately, but I do think they will over the course of FQ:

I think, yes, several wave dancers will probably die, starting with Snakeskin. Will Korfay be chief wave dancer? Maybe she'll die too while trying to talk to the humans or something. Maybe Reef will die. Now that would be even more sad and tragic, and I would almost welcome it because it would be really unexpected. For the most part I really do not care about the EQ wave dancers because they are so freakin' milquetoast, but Reef would make me care more if he died. Is that totally messed up of me?

I think Strongbow will die. I think something's going to happen with him to where Moonshade goes back to the palace to do her hare hare Timmain moth silk dresses dance, and then sees Strongbow there and totally freaks out and decides to remove her wolf blood and become immortal. Then she'll be one of those evangelized palace dwellers that's just glassy and glazed over but is in constant communication with Strongbow's spirit.

I think Timmain will definitely die, and it'll be one of those 'You guys are now on your own' kind of thing.

I think Pike will die. He's lost his life mates and says being near the palace is enough for him, but every time I look at him, I kind of see Pike as sadly resigned. I really like Pike, too. But I think he would make a bad ass spirit. I want to see him and Venka making out in the palace.

I think Shen Shen might get hunted for witchcraft or something since her knowledge of herb lore and midwife skills combined with her long life gets out, and although it's well received, there will be the usual batshit few out that are terrified so they'll try to burn her to the stake or something.
Eh, on that note, I'm frankly really tired of the threat of humans and the warring in EQ. It's gone on for so long, it's gotten dull. The last time human-elf relations were interesting were in Wild Hunt, and before then they really weren't and they still aren't, now.

Final Quest #12 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 12:06 am

Zadzi's predictions are interesting. I think I agree mostly with Howler Monkey though, that the Wavedancers will die. I think that's why Korafaye and Reef are in the Palace with Snakeskin-- so they don't get killed. The Wavedancers are going to play Go Back this time around and be the sacrificial lambs of the story. At least, that's my guess (and Howler Monkey's!)...

Elwing's predictions are... entertaining. And thoroughly morbid.

Here's what i think is going to happen. I think that Timmain and Skywise will hook up. Skywise will decide to leave in the Palace with Timmain-- but Cutter won't want to go with him. That's why he is waving to Cutter and looking pretty miserable on the front of Book 11. Moonshade is going to lose her wolfblood- leaving Strongbow "alone" and with a decision to make. Ultimately, I think she will die and he will join the Palace to be with her spirit-- or she won't die and he will join the Palace to just plain be with her.

Whatever Two Edge teaches Treestump to make will be used against the elves-- possibly by the Trolls, but also, possibly by the Humans. Or maybe by other elves. Some Go Backs, and maybe some Wolfriders, but mostly Go Backs, will die. I think Two Edge is going to align himself with the Trolls ultimately. Maybe Rayek is defending Venka against a troll army in the old sneak peek. Or... maybe the Go Backs took off the fight the Djun's army and he's blasting them. But I rather suspect trolls.

I think that Shen Shen's fate is going to turn out to be the fate/strategy of the elves who stay behind. They will disguise themselves as humans.

Mender will put the moves on Dart. Chitter will find that hilarious.

Crazy guess-- whatever Timmain tells Cutter is something that Winnowil found out by contemplating egg. I bet that Nightfall and Redlance go to find Rayek so that they can quiz Winnowil on what she knows. That's my one random guess.

Hopefully more elves show up than just silent guy. Otherwise, this was a lot of effort on Sunstream's part for very little pay off.

End guesses.

Lunakat

Lunakat

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 12:13 am

Zadzi wrote:
I think Pike will die. He's lost his life mates and says being near the palace is enough for him, but every time I look at him, I kind of see Pike as sadly resigned. I really like Pike, too. But I think he would make a bad ass spirit. I want to see him and Venka making out in the palace.

Pike could die. His dream was happy. Everyone else with a happy dream died-- right? What happened to him? He got mashed between two troll girls, turned into a dreamberry, swallowed up and pooped out-- no? What could that mean for his future...?

wingthing

wingthing

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 12:41 am

Lunakat wrote:
Pike could die. His dream was happy. Everyone else with a happy dream died-- right?

Did they? Zhantee did. But Skot and Krim... they died but I wouldn't call Skot's dream "happy" - actually it reminds me of those dreams I get where I know I'm asleep but I also know I can't wake myself up and I have to wander around in a dream world for hours, waiting for the alarm to go off - a nightmare of tedium.

Is everyone with a happy dream gonna die? Is that the secret hidden in plain sight? If so, Final Quest is gonna wrack up quite the body count. Venka, Pike, Skywise, arguably Shenshen and Tyleet (their dreams started bad but ended sort of happily, and Pike did slot them with those "without fear").

If that is the master plan of Dreamtime, it's unspeakably depressing. Makes me think of Two-Edge in Clearbrook's dream repeating "NONE OF US [is safe]" over and over.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:00 am

I'm pretty sure more elves are going to change into human form. Pike and Nightfall both dreamt of an easy "right-in-front-of-your-eyes" obvious solution; Tyleet dreamt of having five fingers and so on.

Lunakat wrote:
Whatever Two Edge teaches Treestump to make will be used against the elves-- possibly by the Trolls, but also, possibly by the Humans.
makes sense, maybe that's why Clearbrook dreamt of being stuck in rocks.

Kahvi and Krim both said, there is something more than the palace, so that's where the guessing about the ancient home come from. Which other place could this be? Maybe the spirits of High Ones and their descendants from all over the universe helped to heal it.

Since the humming is a "nuisance" for the tree elves and it's said, that those, who don't want to come don't have to, how do we ever get to learn more about them?
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:06 am

Lunakat wrote:
Zadzi wrote:

Pike could die. His dream was happy. Everyone else with a happy dream died-- right? What happened to him? He got mashed between two troll girls, turned into a dreamberry, swallowed up and pooped out-- no? What could that mean for his future...?

He, Oddbit and Old maggoty get into the Dreamberries and a few 'herbs' too much and he ends up smothered in their arms. The Troll "maidens" wake up thr next morning and stomp him to death in his sleep for 'violating their virtues'. He lives on, though, when the wolf pack consumes his crushed and mangled body, whereupon their excrement is used to fertilize dreamberry bushes.

Final Quest #12 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 3:07 am

TrollHammer wrote:
He lives on, though, when the wolf pack consumes his crushed and mangled body, whereupon their excrement is used to fertilize dreamberry bushes.

I doubt the excrements of carnivores is of much use as a fertilizer. Those poor plants will die :'(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Quest #12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #12
Page 1 of 28Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next