Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Happy Inauguration Day, America!

Go down 
+11
Nibblet
Elwing
KR Wordgazer
wingthing
LurkingCat
Embala
jaRf
G0lden
Soreyes
Lunakat
Trollbabe
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

Happy Inauguration Day, America! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:00 pm

Tomorrow is the changing of the guard in American government, which we have every four or eight years. A new President is sworn into office.

The last President goes on to a career that often includes elder statesmanship, speaking tours, book writing, talk shows, volunteer work and other leadership positions. Jimmy Carter is a great living example.

Regardless of how we voted, or what party affiliations we may or may not have, it's interesting to follow. It isn't as fancy as a royal wedding, but it's not all speeches, either.

Fortunately the weather is cooperating. No snow and no bitter cold.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Ug

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Yay for Jimmy Carter, though. Best ex-President ever.

Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 5:05 pm

I waiting to see who wins the race for 'Worst President Ever'.

Warren G. Harding has it for now, but Trump is moving up fast on the outside!

afro

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 5:26 pm

I hope he wins shortest term in office.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 6:27 pm

*cricket chirp*

Happy Inauguration Day, America! Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 7:00 pm

I think it was either very optimistic... or ironic... of Trollbabe to use the term 'happy.' Either way, I appreciate the sentiment.

Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Go Trump Go

well someone had to say something nice about him.

I guess this proves what they taught me in school. "Anybody can be President"

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:00 am

Meh, I didn't vote for him. We just got the billionares club running the country.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:02 am

I hope that despite my own pessimistic attitude that he will rise to the occasion and do a better job then at least the worst president we ever had. Praying for my country and my president.

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 2:03 am

It's my husband's birthday tomorrow, and we're celebrating that. Not happy about the inauguration at all.

LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 6:59 am

Happy Inauguration Day, America! 3s2vRQ5

Have a happy Inauguration Day, we wish you all the best!

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 10:20 am

Hahaha! Laughing nice!

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 10:36 am

Wow.

I was actually referring to an occasion that our country only celebrates every four years.

I didn't mean to spark negative political commentary.

Okay, I didn't vote for him either. But ask yourself, how would a Trump supporter, who was interested in Elfquest at any level, respond to these comments on the "Circle of Life" thread?

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 am

It's just how things are this time around trollbabe, though I wish it weren't so. This should be a celebrated day because of what it is not of because of who's involved.

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 10:53 am

I'm sorry, Trollbabe. You're right, that this might be hurtful.

I sincerely wish you all the best for the next four years and hope that Donald Trump will be a good president.

(I'm obviously not a Trump fan - so I liked him in The Apprentice, when I saw it as an Au Pair  Twisted Evil - but he still is your democratically elected new president. I hope Trump fans can live with satire so.)

As a German I wasn't aware that Inauguration Day was a "holiday" holiday in the US, that is really celebrated as such. Here it would be more or less like any other day, without nationwide festivities.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 am

Inauguration day isn't a holiday. Just a day the media takes leave of its sense and we get every angle that can be conceived of during the process. I, and many others across the country still work our regular shifts. Although it may be a slower day. There is always that hope.

Sorry Trollbabe about the thread went. I think this election, correction the last eight years is showing how polarized this nation is becoming. Scary thought too.

jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:23 am

But that kitty picture of him throwing down the vase was sooo funneh! Wink
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Golden, I agree, the nation has become quite polarized over the last eight years. If I have time, I will address this in the Elfquest marketing thread. Briefly, people didn't necessarily vote for Trump as much as they voted against the status quo. Obama really didn't work out for a lot of us.

I wish him well, and I am interested in seeing where he goes from here. This is a day of transition, in which we look forward to seeing what both men will accomplish

I may just pack up and go to the laundromat, and watch the show.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:26 pm

You think that-- but we were polarized before Obama took office. What you saw was a backlash against him-- for no fault of his own. The Republicans in Congrss refused to work with him day one. Do you remember when he invited McCain over to watch football? Tried to ask the speaker of the house over for dinner? They blatantly, loudly and publicly refused. Then they made a public declaration that their primary goal was to make him a one term president. That was his first two months in office. So... How is that a result of Obama dividing us? We were already divided-- and we had an obstructionist Congress that encouraged that division through their public rhetoric-- to the point of questioning the legitimacy of the President by attacking his religious beliefs (implying he was Muslim to a party of xenophobes) and outright encouraging the misbeleif that he wasn't born in this country-- not to mention questioning his grades and demanding he show his college transcripts to prove he got into Harvard through merit rather than Affirmative Action (when he was President of Harvard Law Review-- which is the highest honor in that school and requires you to be top of your class). That was an incredible level of disrespect that had nothing to do with his policies or public support, considering he won in a landslide both terms. At the end of his presidency, they refused to consider his appointee to the Supreme Court for a year. But at the beginning, the refused to consider his appointees to numerous government offices foe at least two years. He was halfway through his first term and didn't have appointments filled because they wouldn't  let him fill them.

I'm sorry-- but Obama didn't divide us. He walked into pre-existing division and was targeted by it.

Last edited by Lunakat on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm NOT sorry for where his thread went. Is there some rule we aren't allowed to disagree or discuss the things we disagree about?

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Melania's suit was stunning - I would not be surprised if Ralph Lauren's website crashed. He also designed the suit Hillary Clinton wore to her concession speech.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 3:03 pm

I'm not sorry for where the thread went either and Obama didn't divide anyone. He inherited a complete disaster and turned it around the best he can while being obstructed pretty much most of the way, along with being taunted that he was some radical Kenyan or whatever.
The man was treated like complete crap no matter how hard he tried to work the other side and meet them halfway. It's disgusting.

Yes, people are wearing very pretty clothes and I would expect nothing less.

And like the kitty shoving off the vase.

And Happy Birthday to KR Wordgazer's birthday!

Happy Inauguration Day, America! Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 pm

OK, as a Moderator here in our wonderful Forum, our home away from home, I'm going to ask everyone to just take a quick breath and count to ten.

In here we are all united in our love for EQ so let's just keep that in mind.

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Every president who was and will be will always face the opposition of others, it's what they can accomplish despite the opposition that is amazing be it good or bad. I'm glad Trump is going to have opposition and I'm glad Obama did to. It's part of what keeps rash discisions from being made in government. Unfortunately good decisions are often prevented too.

Thanks shaman, I'm sure we can be calm and civil and except that everyone has an opinion. It will be an interesting day.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Inauguration Day, America!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next