Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 12:04 pm

A very loving ney years card with the firstcomers!!!

It's nice to see some baubles with the Rebels characters in it!! I see our lovely preserver Rosie Preserver and Chandra holding the little palace!

Bearclaw and Picky!! Bearclaw n Picknose Playing with the dice! I love seeing the dice in this as well!

Skywise and Timmain! Skywise smile Timmain I love these images of them! It almost looks like recognition! I love the positions of the baubles! I love the white and purple colors in this as well!

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Echo from the past, or from the future? And the old Kind of looks like Recognition one between Skywise and Timmain is rather fitting, considering...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Advent Calendar 2017 - Echoes ... Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 There_10 The child is the link!

Glad you like the New Year card, Wolfie. Very Happy I've twisted the outlines so that the whole picture looks "vibrating" - like an echo.
The future elves - I bet they are another unextected arrangement. ^^ There was reason enough to include them ... and last not least I hope MrsGrizzley will find them. She loves Rosie.
The dices ... that's another chance the "Nights" offer more often than other baubles. Playing with background and surroundings. Nowadays I would put the lamp instead of the second Troll in the upper corner.
Skywise and Timmain for you, Wolfie ^^ - and because I was sure they will recognize some day. This poster does look like Recognition and was a must-do. *chuckles* I've chosen an ornament that makes it look like Timmain wears a bridal veil. Couldn't resist! XD

The Little Palace surely is an echo from the past for Chandra, Redhead. And Rosie with her Preserver heritage and collective memory is an echo of her own.
Recognition - I'd made a bet on Skywise and Timmain!

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Well, there is Winnowill and the Rebels. Rosie is the easiest to make out.

Any rarely angry Zwoot too.

Skywise and Timmain.

Then that wildcat Pike adopted.

MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 3:51 am

Rosie!! *SQUEE!!!*
Back to top Go down
http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 9:44 am

But compared to the current (Final Quest) events FutureQuest is an echo of the future.

And an evil zwoot! They're mean fuckers! Zwoot

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 am

Beautiful bauble of Winnowil! Winnie Evil She kinda went insane in this image! I like the decoration in her bauble!

An evil zwoot! Zwoot I like all the brown in this bauble and background. I love the smaller bauble with Leetah in it!

Subtail! Pike's bond kitty!! cathat Such a cutie! I love the mouse on the bauble and Subtail looking up seeing it! such a cute idea you had there! Really adorable!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 pm

Winnowill seems to be very characteristic - no matter how much she's tweaked and hidden, G0lden! Very Happy And Rosie ... with the Palace and Chandra. Admittedly it was mostly about Rosie. Preserver And some more well known - and visible ^^ - characters!

This *SQUEE!!!* I've hoped to see, MrsGrizzley! Hug

A matter of perspective, Redhead. I consider the whole series - and I'm not linear. Wink
Mad zwoot approves you! Ember

I'm very pleased with how Winnowill's bauble turned out, Wolfie. The worn lines on the vintage ornament seem to enhance the impression of a shattered world and mind.
Big Zwoot, small Leetah ... and when you take a very close look you'll find the missing character from this scene in the third bauble at the bottom.
Finding this mouse with a Christmas ornament was GOLD for Stubtail! It's surprising and fun. cat And adorable ... thank you for the love, Wolfie. Smile

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 am

A picture of early man from the Sun Village.

The Djun.

Of course can't miss a very young Cutter and Nightfall.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 7:55 am

That's not the Djun, it's (one of) the Shaman(s) living near Goodtrees Rest before the fire.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:23 am

Here we have a sculpture painting with the first human who killed Ady!! Now I didn't mix his name up XD Nice idea to put him in like this way! Nice bauble!

Here we got the shaman! He, of course, belongs in here! I love that you used a black and white image of him. It fits!

Awww, Little Nightfall and little Cutter!! Nightfall Cutter Smile I love this images of their younger selves! So cute! I love that it looks like they are looking for something!

Embala wrote:

Big Zwoot, small Leetah ... and when you take a very close look you'll find the missing character from this scene in the third bauble at the bottom.
)

I guess it has to be Dewshine! I did see something but I couldn't see what it was.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 9:35 am

Or Thiro, Leetah's lovemate who was killed by a zwoot.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 2012-112

I'm happy you are pleased by young Cutter and Nightfall, G0lden! Cutter Cool Nightfall That early man managaged to have two entries this year - not bad. ^^ And the silvery ball holds the elder Shaman from Wolfrider! ... though his expression could easily be the Djun!

Right with the shaman, Redhead Ember ... hm ... having Thiro in the forth bauble would fit the "echos" theme!

You guess right about Dewshine, Wolfie, she's lying in Leetah's arms as she should be. Her face is there - very small and only half showing.
I figured that for Savah and the Sunfolk those sculptures or murals are like echoes from the past.
Actually the b/w portrait is the elder Shaman from the Wolfrider! storyline. The boy in front of him is the Shaman we know from EQ #1.
You should see the original scene when you click the calendar pic, Wolfie. Cutter looks at his father's sword he's handling proudly. And Nightfall admires her hero, of course! ^^

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 2:46 am

Picky!!!

A young troll.

A very pregnant Brill

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 6:14 am

Poor Two-Edge! Glad he has finally found love. Two-Edge Ahdri

Back to top Go down
MrsGrizzley

MrsGrizzley

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am

Awww!!!! Preggy Brill! She was so HAPPY to have a baby at long last! And such a beautiful picture!
Back to top Go down
http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 8:47 am

Beautiful big bauble of pregnant brill!! brill I love the stars and colors in the bauble.

Two-Edge! Poor guy. I'm glad he found love with Ahdri! This is a pretty dark image!

Picky!! Picknose With a hat! It's a nice image of him. He sure looks evil though. I love re-reading this story again!

Baby Two-Edge!!! Awww cute! I wonder what he sees!
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Oh my goodness! I have been away for way too many days! I don't know where to start. I don't really have time to comment on all the pretties right now add I'm on lunch break (more on that in the how do you feel thread) so I'll leave myself a note to comment on all of these tonight!

I would have commented on a few of them now if any of them had really touched me, but their are too many that fit the bill. Your out doing yourself Em!

(Added later)

I'm still only commenting on my favorites since there are so many.

In the 2017 calendar i just want to say how much i like the trio baubles. Estella is especially beautiful with the etwining red ribbons.

I had to click on windmills bauble since i didn't know who she was. She just looks do joyous here!

The 12 nights are so amazing! The lightning laced madcoil, the malicious picknose with additional sparkles! Of course the background for greymung and bearclaws baubles are prefect. Love the little dice! I am amazed by how you fit the little leash and dewshine in underneath the rampaging zwoot. Look out girls!

On the 2012 calendar i just really like shuna. Her bauble is so festive, a nice touch since she's still with her father here.

Skywise and timmain look like they are getting married! The white see through fabric is gorgeous!

Lastly, i lagged so hard when i saw stub tail and the mouse. They both look so bewildered! lol!

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 am

Well, Madcoil.

As for the rest. Sorry, no clue.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 9:43 am

I can't make this one out. It looks like a fire that turns into a flower! Do I see sending symbols in here? I know it's from Madcoil but, I have no idea what I'm looking at. I really like it though! It looks pretty!

Pretty interesting bauble with the high ones in it! I like the copper color! They look very afraid, can't really blame them!

Puffer! I didn't expect him to be here, even though he is a cub! I love this image of him swimming through a flower thingy! It makes him look like an Olympic swimmer!

Only one more bauble for each! It has been an amazing ride, like usual! You have done a lot of work on them. You should be proud of yourself, I sure am! Wonderful work Embala, and thank you for making this for all of us to see! Hug
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Sounds like you like Picky, G0lden! Drinking And you like to recognize what you see. Two-Edge would like to hear you say "little Troll", I bet. And Brill was the only Final Quest character who made it in that calendar. In 2012 FQ was so new - using scenes from it felt like stealing attention.
Sadly the next batch was far from visible Sad ... and there is absolutely no Madcoil at all! O.O I have dropped a firey magic pool, the call sent out by the Hugh Ones at the moment of Crash ... and Puffer, a Wavedancer, from a time when he was a little pipling.

I wholeheartily agree with you about Two-Edge and his livemate, Redhead! Very Happy

Brill makes you happy! I love you I'm so glad to see you smile, MrsGrizzley. Hug

Another lover of beautiful pregnant Brill. This aerie starry bauble felt like a great place for her to dream. And more love for Two-Edge ... this mindshaking echo has tortured him much too long. He was such a cheerful trusting little one ... so good he finally found love and is loved. And Picknose was quite a daring raider in his youth, wasn't he?  Troll Tongue
This "fireblossom" is the dark pool, the ball of lightning energy, the essence that created Madcoil. In the linked scene it's the small fire ... it was so much more intriguing in the Donning coloring I've used. No wonder you couldn't find it, Wolfie! The Cry of the High Ones - not evil spirits for sure. The evil was what happened to them ... and their cry harmed little Suntop. You know Puffer! Wasn't he a little cutie? He wanted that onament with the flower loop so much - now he has fun and brings joy. Very Happy

The season 2017 is ending - Three Kings Day is ahead (or already started) and here is the ornament from 2012 - three old, tall and dead leaders...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 2012_k10

Tomorrow I'll show you what I've come up with for this year. Be warned ... it will be unusual eerie and frightening - can be reused for Halloween. ^^

Thank you for your praise and appreciation, Wolfie. I love you Two calenders are finished -worked, (re)posted and commented on. I am pround and happy and thankful ...

... and eager to remind you of the extra dosis cuteness, Wolfie. The 2012 calendar had a calendar-worthy extension. Four more weeks of cubling cuteness and Recognitions - less known ones and often not drawn by Wendy Pini. And of course they are accompanied by beautiful mothers-to-be ... even two brand new collages.

The calender season is going on til Candlemas, February 2nd, the day when Christmas time definitely ends. Here is the extra gift you've asked for, Evie - rendeer more Christmas time. santa
I have not forgotten about your comments - they must wait til I wake up again.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 2:45 am

Well, we got that funky orb that Skywise had to destroy.

Then Winnowill.

Nightfall and Redlance, the pair that choose love above all else.

Of Lord Voll, Tyldak and A very grown up Dart.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 11:53 am

Beautiful ornament from 2012!! I like the theme you used! Surge  Surge , Yurek, and Voll. Three old and dead leaders that shouldn't be forgotten! I love the images and colors you used!
And four more weeks of cubling cuteness and Recognitions!! Very Happy AWESOME!! I'm glad we have four more weeks of this!

Oh, I like this one! I really love the extra background with candles! First, we have the orb, then we have Skywise  Skywise smile  who has to destroy it, and then we have two images of a female high one *I guess Timmain*. This is one of my favorite stories! I'm glad you used this images!

Winnowil! Winnie Evil The perfect one to end with! I love that with the bigger bauble you used an image of her with a smug! Yet she looks angry in the much smaller bauble! In the background, I see her and Smelt! All these baubles together and you see how evil she really was/is! Wonderfully done Embala!

Another extra long one! this time with the sort of Recognition between Nightfall and Redlance!  Nightfall  Redlance SMile  You used the perfect images of them from this moment. I love the heart shape candles in the middle. I especially love that you put the words that Nightfall was sending to Redlance. Reading it makes me smile. I can feel the love coming through my screen!

Three beautiful calendars are full and they are looking beautiful! Wonderful work Embala!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Your initial comment made my day, Evie. I love you Thank you so much for this high praise. *bows*
And I love to learn about your favorites. Smile The triples were the "special" touch of this calendar, Evie. I wanted to do something that made 2017 recognizable because the theme itself made it a mix of many characters, items, styles and times. When I noticed that I had planned much more triple windows as usual ... the idea was born. Actually the first one gave me the biggest problem but when Winnowill easily moved into the background bottle (yup, bottle!) the special layout was set.
*chuckles* Just have to love autocorrect! Laughing It turned Winnowill into a windmill and I wonder what was meant for "Estella" in Rayek's world-turning vision! Maybe autocorrect was the true reason for Winnowill's hysterical fit? XD
The 12 Nights allow my mind to play more freely, show a more personal, interpretable view on characters and events and inspires more "handmade" backgrounds. Evil raider Picknose (I like this guy!), rascally gamer Bearclaw (of course the dices must role in this window!), Greymung's throne chamber with real gold, jewels and a pyrite sphere to represent the Loadstone. The leash in the Zwoot bauble must be an item appearing by chance - I love it when photo and imagination interact to create a new reality. *is glad I decided to add Dewshine* - as tiny as it is she would have been missed!
Shuna's decorated bauble reminded my of a girl dressing as a Princess ... each child should be allowed to dream.
This bridal veil was one of my reasons to choose this arrangement for Skywise and Timmain, Evie!
And Stubtail with the mouse ... no need to say more! rofl

The annual piece for Three Kings Day

Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 2017_t10

I've promised something eerie. A friend called it a horror scene ... *nodnod* In a way it is - it has the pictures and the mood for it. Not actually characters this time - not in the first place. Click it! and you might learn that it is about Zahran, Three-Toe and Rahnee.
But mainly it is about Starsong, Wolfsong and Balance.

I see the linked comic pages helped a lot with Skywise and the messenger sphere, G0lden! sunny Winnowill needs no help - hard not to recognize her despite her many faces. Last not least the lovemates who choose love ... and shared their soulnames. Makinging Recognition a freely given gift.
Not so much luck with the 3 Kings, G0lden. Of course there is Lord Voll. Very Happy The golden guy is Surge, the former Wavedancer chief. I always thought he and Tyldak share the same giant eyes and the high crest is close enough. The second time I got "Dart" instead of Yurek as an identification ... I'll blame my tendency to hide Yurek's features and his windswept hair. ^^

Young eyes don't have much problems with that trio. You got the Kings right, Wolfie - deceased leaders of three very different elfin tribes.
I hoped you would enjoy Skywise's entry. Skywise Wink For several years it is a tradition now that Skywise will get the final calendar window. For you, Wolfie. I love you This year it was no doubt which scene will be used - this echo was a must-do. I'm glad you like my picture choices and the special background.
You've described well what I wanted to express with Winnowill's "Nights" ornament. Her outer beauty and the inner blackness.
Redlance and Nightfall had to be there. I had tried to gather the most important and most different Recognitions and show them in most different ways.
- Recognition between very old longtime lifemates
- the most funny way to recognize
- Recognition after a life-threatening event (not the usual picture choice)
- Recognition at first sight ^^
- unwelcome Recognition failing - never really shown yet showing best the souls
- Recognition between almost strangers ... wholeheartily including a lifemate
- the most unusual Recognition in spirit form
- a bet on a what-if Recognition Wink ... which is canon now!
- and a Recognition of souls chosen willingly and given as a gift between lovers.
Look out for these two ... they have potential for a sequel!

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 27 EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 6:54 am

And for me the best part about your chosen Recognitions? I can, for the most part, emoji them!

Suntoucher Toorah
Bearclaw Joyleaf
Cutter Cool Leetah Smile
Tyldak Dewshine
Scouter Tyleet Kiss
sunstream brill
Skywise Wink Timmain
Redlance SMile Nightfall

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content