Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 9:39 am

Beautiful gold Christmas card with the high ones! It looks very nice with the campfire!

I really love the three baubles with Timmain shape-shifting from wolf to elf! Timmain It looks beautiful! Nice idea to put Timmains shape-shifting in here like this!

Now, let's see who those three are! To me, it looks like Goodtree and Redlance! Redlance SMile:
Now the little-colored one is also Redlance! I remember this is from Dreamtime where Redlance is describing his dream. I love the shape and positions of the baubles. Nicely done!

The elder Shaman! He looks so evil in this image/bauble! I love the dark fire like background! It really fits!

The recognition between Deshine and Tyldak! Dewshine Tyldak I love that you used the images of how they saw each other be like! I love that their baubles are in a basket!

Then we go to another recognition: Scouter and Tyleet! Scouter Tyleet Kiss I like the fact that you choose this as the next couple for obvious reasons! I love the images you used and the positons of the baubles! I also really love this green leafy background!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well Embala! santa Hug
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Advent Calendar 2017 - Echoes ... Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 There_10 The child is the link!

All the calendar pictures are clickable again and I'll do my best to keep it this way. rendeer

My eyes see with joy. Very Happy The calendar thread was alive during my abscence - your dear comments, well wishes and contributions made it grow. My heart sees with joy. I love you

Comments will come after sleeping phase.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 1:12 am

Thanks for the clickies En.

Only one I can make out is the Scroll of Colors.

The others sadly no clue.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 8:41 am

Beautiful colored heart shaped bauble! Funny that you used that image of shape-shifting instead of the wolf! Timmain

Kureel!!I love this color blue! I like that something is holding the bauble! It really fits with the gliders!

Awww! Very nice little bauble of Oakroot saying his goodbye to Winterleaf. This copper like color really fits with this image, I really love it!

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 9:15 am

Today is the day for not quite wolfs, winterleaf and the shape changing kind.

The lovely for Christmas were also shape changers, in actuality and in dreams.

Ah the recognition of dewshine and tyldak, Scouter and Tyleet. Hey, Tyl, interesting...

And for the 12 nights we have the shaman and kureel. Nice fire with the shaman.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 5:06 pm

You are welcome, G0lden. sunny Let me help you with those who stay unrecognizable.
Back to Monday 18th - the shadowy couple are the spirits of Tanner and his recognized mate Stormlight. Goodtree's "spirit quest" is the only occation where her mother was seen at all. I'm glad you've deciphered the Palace ... and of course Trinket and lil' Mender should be clear enough. I love your pictorial description of Bethia!
Again the cublings were kind to you - even the rather unkown versions of Pool and Sust. You are right with Timmain as well ... and that unknown Wolfrider will stay unknown forwever. I've always imagined those green shadows as the Humans' view on the dreadful 'wolf-spirits' haunting them.
A part of Nonna's murals - the arrival of the 'demons', just a deer to announce Christmas, the young magical Suntop ... followed by Timmain's retransformation from wolf to High One - I confess that the choice of ornaments and pictures didn't make it easy to recognize. Embarassed Would have been most unlikely if you havn't recognized Cutter's and Leetah's Recognition scene ^^ ... and you are totally right with Nonna's adopted trio: Tenchi, Geru und lil' Nima. The other two? - Do you mean the 12 Nights? The first one is Baby Timmorn and the other one is Dawnbringer (Daughter Moon) - the mythological child of Recognition of Lifebringer (the Sun) and Silverseed (Mother Moon) from Joyleaf's eclipse tale.
The couple in the "nest" are indeed Dewshine and Tyldak how they see their true self - their souls. I've chosen this scene instead of the offscreen moment of Recognition. Glad you like, G0lden! Very Happy
For the 2nd day of X-mas we have Goodtree and Redlance as spirits of the Fathertree - with another Redlance smiling happily on the living roots of the burnt home. And the Recognition of Tyleet and Scouter as repost - the scene is from the Wendy-drawn cover of the Hidden Years issue. Finally I've showed the fluent image of a dragon from the Scrolls projection and last not least young Oakroot (Tanner) saying farewell to his first bond animal Winterleaf.
btw: Thank you for your well wishes for my Christmas visit. It was an enjoyable time I don't want to have missed. I love you Very Happy

Startear Hug you are alway so explicit and detailed with your comments and often offer an unexpected point of view. It was so clear that our spoilt Princess would get that golden pendant as her christmassy home - and the choice of her portrait wasn't hard too! Tanner and Stormlight *sigh* ... it's a preference of me to obscure some scenes as much as possible ... melt them with the ornaments more than it's good for my dear viewers - especially when it's about spirits or visions. (Different settings of color, light and saturation on various screens doesn't help either Sad ...)
My special thanks for the short lesson about dye and coloring techniques in early days, Startear. That's interesting to know! (My first thought was: Colorist likes yellow. ^^ ... now I hope s/he had your knowladge and used it!)

You are such an eager and joyful visitor, Evie - it's easy to see you as a child under the Christmas tree. santa
Trolls often call for metal ornaments in my calendar. *wonders why* ^^ I'm happy you got the "travel into the past" and like it. The eerie spirits in the following bauble are not Goodtree but her parents Tanner and Stormlight. Take a close look - there are two figures hiding in the sphere. The Palace got a truely special ornament (as far as I remember it was labeled as Russian origin). When I gathered the bauble it seemed too individual to be used ... but I was sure it would serve me best one day.
Little Windkin was unecpectedly stubburn ... until he saw this starlit bauble with the reindeer. I guess he longed for someone to play with ... someone to roam the skies together! ^^ Trinket needed blingbling with gold and diamonds, didn't she? *chuckles* It's in character! Maybe she reached out for Mender, too ... last not least he was her crush for centuries. I've took the freedom to relocate the wolf cub to have it in the scene, too. All I did was looking for an automn mood for Nightfall - the rest merged quite selfevidentally. And Bethia got bright sun and colors ... I totall agree on the interaction of comic scene and bauble background. Very Happy
This greenish wolf-spirits perfectly met my faible for melting pictures into an inextricably unit. ^^ There was a time when I thought I can only use colored pictures for the calendars ... than I've discovered that b/w scenes - combined in the right way - add a very special precious facet to it. Thank you for the praise, Evie - I love your association with Palace shards!
I remember how laborious the Christmas piece of 2012 was. - Figuring out design and layout. Clearing and lining up the motives. Merging each one with the background to the right degree. - But in the end it was worth every minute!
Yeah, Timmain is slightly over-represented this year!  Timmain Blame the topic. XD One of Nonna's murals *nodnod* ... thank you for pointing out the background. I was desperately trying to find another bauble but ended up with this one all the time. Seems to be the right decision. Very Happy I wanted to use this beautiful proud deer for long - this year I've made it my birthday gift. rendeer No doubt I've needed those longish ornaments for the Scrolls scene ... finding an arrangement with a book in the background was a bonus! I couldn't leave out Cheipar ... even though everybody knows the sad background. Sad It would have felt like "punishing" the little one for his fate. The lovely lively beauty is a Wavedancer indeed - young Moonmirror from the first Wavedancers issue. Aah... you see the "artistic" aspect of the Cutter/Leetah scene. I guess these spheres were made for them. ^^ Nima, Geru and Tenchi Very Happy - imagine them gathering around the Christmas tree. santa
The 12 Nights ... Wolf and Elf - the two aspects of Timmorn's nature. I love that I was able to huddle this unique cub in natural moss. And the cute star-kin beauty is not Mother Moon (tho the mix-up is understandable) but her daughter Dawnbringer. I've decided to stay with the cubs theme for the first two Nights - and they were not meant as monsters for sure. But in the eyes of the Humans Timmorn became a frightening monster ... and some pureblooded elves might have seen him the same way. And Dawnbringer's look with the shadow face and glowing eyes is eerie enought to count her in - as is her origin.
A bitter-sweet look on a boy and his best friend, Oakroot and Winterleaf - a starcrossed couple, contrasting outer shape and soul, Dewshine and Tyldak - and Tyleet and Scouter ... gosh, they were so unwilling to move into these baubles! (You've never noticed the 'Tyl' before?) Timman's retranformation ... and Redlance's transformation dream. Last not least the dragon image from the fluid Scroll projecction. You are right, Evie Surprised ... the moment of the shapechangers indeed! Shaman the arsonist - hehehe... I've put his cone ornament into the fire! But Kureel's sphere was already captured in iron fangs.
My special thanks for the Christmas wishes, Evie.

It makes me happy that you find joy following the calendars, MrsGrizzley. *hugs* And I'm glad you welcome the preggy scenes so dearly. Very Happy Yes, Bethia is a ravashing proud beauty ... maybe the brightest star in this collection.

I just had to include little Cheipar, Redhead, and I'm happy he got so much love by the viewers. I remember how I've struggled  ... *A dead baby in the Advent Calendar? This does not fit. It will spoil the festive mood.* ... but I couldn't leave him out ... couldn't negate his existence. Then I've found this small sphere surrounded by for tiny ones. He was not alone. His body had died but his soul was free - accompanied by the sendings of those who have loved him most.

Merry Christmas to you too, PC! santa I hope you had a peaceful and joyful time. *hugs* Glad to know you are still good for an unexpected entry and a surprise. ^^ The Muppets add a humoristic facet. Laughing Thanks for your contribution, dear friend.

Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 2012_p10

This is a gift and contribution for the calendar 2012 by Moonmoss, a dearly missed friend. I love it too much to hide it in my folders. Preserver It should be shared to bring more joy!

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 7:11 pm

Aww! Tanner - or rather Oakroat - and Winterleaf!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 7:56 pm

I've been gone for a few days myself, mostly due to my family. Between a brother who needs to be entertained 24/7, a grandmother, two niblings and an unexpected chance to show my skills as a meat carver, I have barely had time for anything. Nevertheless, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a merry Christmas!

Yeah, I get what you mean about keeping it obscure. You don't want to overshadow the shape of the ornament of their home.

I love all of these baubles. I find myself especially attracted to the one with the deer. It was unexpected but. There is something about it, how I somewhat foolishly expected to only see elves and trolls, and the colors. The deer is crisp and somewhat windswept.

And of course Oakroot and Winterleaf. Scouter

I learned the color thing as I was doing research for fanart and fanfic, haha! I tend to fall into the rabbit holes as I do research for them. So yeah, I hope that it was an influencing factor on all the yellows! Or maybe the colorist just noticed that a lot of art of "ancient" cultures had a lot of yellow, or just liked yellow. We did see the characters wear pale blue and purple in the BoTC comics even though it was Tanner who figured out how to unlock the recipe for the dye needed. So. Preserver

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 8:29 pm

You still like the cublings, Redhead Ember ... glad to know you don't share your namesake's attitude in any respect and to ful extend. ^^

Last not least my dear Wolfie ... always as faithful as cheerful when it comes to the Advent event. Hug I'm proud and very happy to have you following and commenting on the calendars every year.
Glowing Bethia gets lots of love. Very Happy Looks like you have a new favorite. I like the detail how the ornament top mimics Bethia's braid wrap. The unusual shape for the Palace seemed just right - you confirm it once more. You've noticed that I've rearranged the wolf cub to join it with little Mender in the ornament! Very Happy Thanks for the praise on the final result.
Rather an unnamed unknown tribemate than Two-Spear himself ... in my opinion the green shadow represents more the frightful imagination of the Humans than a defined character. On the other side it can be everyone - and your imagination of Two-Spear is as rightful as mine. I've liked Pool and Sust as cublings too ... I still do. And they were darlings when I've asked them to move into the silver cones.
I like it to "break the wall" then and now and allow the characters to reach out of their bauble homes. and I love the association you have for sending Timmain. Dear little Cheipar ... he's loved by so many despite his brief existence. I've told a lot about my doubts and thoughts and final decisions during the making-of in my previous post (answer to Evie). You are very right about his bauble home and the tiny companions - for me they represent his parents Krim, Pike and Skot, and his midwife Shenshen. I can see it your way now ... with the most distant sendingstar representing Cheipar on his way to the Palace and his parents staying back with his body.
Much praise for the older Christmas piece. Very Happy With "Cublings - Recognition - Pregnancy" as topics for that year I've considered "Parents" very appropriate -and there were enough lovely scenes.
The "first bauble" you couldn't make out would be one of Nonna's cave paintings - the appearance of the demons (it's clickable now). *chuckles* You'll never learn to expect the unexpected ^^ ... you all should know by now that I'll go for variety! Of course with so many beautiful motives to choose from there's a lot to stay unexpected. XD I've always liked this deer - this was his time to shine. Right - the golden cones on a book seemed just made for the Scroll of Colors motive!
I've commented detailed on the 12 Nights in the previous post (reply to Evie again). I see you share her thoughts on Timmorn's panel and meet my intentions, Wolfie. The stargirl you could not name is the Daughter Moon Dawnbringer, the mythological daughter of Lifegiver and Silverseed.
The young Wavedancer beauty is Moonmirror. I've put the bauble in a maritime environment just for her. Click the picture and you'll see what she's looking at in the story ... or imagine something that fits the calendar and Christmas mood. santa Leetah and Cutter were very much expected, am I right? Of course they couldn't be missed. (pssst ... I'll tell you a secret. ALL the recognition scenes I could find will show up!  Moonshade ) And Nonna's trio gazes at the Christmas tree! I want to believe. ^^
This year's Christmas piece is going with the "Echoes of the Past" topic - the Firstcomers and their Firstborn. Gathered together around the bonfire had a christmassy mood already - I just added the Christmas trees. ^^ Timmain's transition back to elf shape represents the "Echoes" topic best - it had to be here. I'm glad I've found a pleasant presentation. The spirit of the Fathertree is another strong echo. You remember well, Wolfie, and you've named the characters included. I've liked how the third bauble is put below the others and has a golden-brown color. Perfect to put "Redlance under the roots" in it.
I've did my best to make the monsters and rogues as frightening as pleasantly presented. It was the first entry of this calendar part and I tried not to scare away my dear visitors. But it was so much fun to play with the evil side ... so many new possibilities and challenges. For Shaman I've chosen the firey backgbround and dropped his cone there. Burn!
The Recognition of Dewshine and Tyldak was never shown ... but this soul-reveiling view at each other was too perfect. The basket ... when I've made this picture I did not conciously realze that I'd put hem in a nest! Laughing Subconious mind works well! Of course Scouter and Tyleet had to follow asap. ^^ I've tried to mimic position and mood of the cover scene as far as possible.
You think it's funny that I've used the dragon instead of the wolf ... I found it funny that there are actually dragons in Elfquest! *chuckles* And I thought this might be another echo ... of previous world falls or of the Homeworld itself. Hehehe ... Kureel is captured already. This cold blue glas ball and the shape of the iron "fangs" was just perfect to capture nasty Kureel. Little Oakroot held an unexpected problem for me - there were too many scenes I could use! Wink Finally I've decided on the farewell scene ... it touched me most.
Thank you for the Christmas greetings, Wolfie. *hugs*

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Embala wrote:
Merry Christmas to you too, PC! santa I hope you had a peaceful and joyful time. *hugs* Glad to know you are still good for an unexpected entry and a surprise. ^^ The Muppets add a humoristic facet. Laughing Thanks for your contribution, dear friend.

Thank you, dear elf-friend !
I admit I've not been very contributive, lately, in here, but I'm the slow and rather quiet kind, and almost as much NOT the social type as BBC's Sherlock, yep, sorry.

Yes, Christmas here WAS merry and festive, both with my family and my friends.

I wish you ALL, here, happy holidays and a great new year (in advance).

In time, I'm pretty sure I'll be in the mood again for participating more, here, don't worry.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Well it looks like Kahvi and then add sweet little Chitter.

As for the other, weird face in the tree.

Love the wreath.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 8:30 am

Quote :
glad to know you don't share your namedake's attitude in any respect and to ful extend.

I share her attitude in the sense that I don't want kids of my own (which she does seem to do, eventually). The great thing about other people's kids is that you can pass them off to the other people when they start misbehaving.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 am

Thank you for your very detailed and nice long comment Embala! You already put so much work into your baubles and here you are putting a lot into your comments as well! I always love reading your comments and descriptions of the baubles for all of us individually! Hug

It's nice of you to show what Moonmoss made a few years ago! Seeing all the preservers together is nice to see! Preserver

Very nice bauble of young Kahvi! Kahvi I remember this story all too well! I love that you used this image of her! The background really fits well with the water in the bauble!

Well, this monster bauble is very interesting! The three shaped monster appearance made by Redlance! Didn't thought of that one! I love the shape of the bauble, it's very different from the rest! It looks like a very dark snow flake!

Awww Little Chitter!! I gotta love the image you used, she looks so hyper back then! XD I love what you did with the green background! Very nice! I also love that the thing that's holding the bauble looks like a vine to me!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 2012-111

Thank you for the well wishes wishes for my b-day and Christmas. Very Happy Sounds like a superbusy Christmas gathering, Startear. I hope you had a good time nevertheless. Hug
I'm glad the deer gets so much pleasant attention. It caught my eyes the moment I saw it in BoTC#1 ... and I knew for quite some time that he will find his place in an Advent Calendar. The bauble with the soft rosy paper was wa lucky find. Looking at it right now it gave me the impression of Mother and Daughter Moon behind the deer.
I knew you would love to remeet Oakroot with Winterleaf Scouter and hoped you would be back in time to notice them.
Reserch about tanning and dyes ... a very professional approach on a story. *bows in respect*

No worries about doing it your way, PC - and no apologies. Thank you again for the dreamy moon views and well wishes for the new year. I'm looking forward to see you more often again when time meets mood, my friend. *hugs* A great new year for you, too.

Hehe - weird face in a tree ... scary scary demon work! I'm glad to read that this time the baubles did not stay riddles for you, G0lden. Hug

Like Exactly what I've told my 14 year old godsdaughter, Redhead - once she mentioned that having a baby would be nice! XD
Though ... my remark aimed more at Ember's unwillingness or desinterest to see her baby niece than at her decision to skip (respectively delay?) recognition.

I like to share my thoughts about special baubles or the making-of, Wolfie - especially when my longish posts meet interest. ^^ It's part of the fun for me, almost as much as reading about my viewers reactions and associations.
Moonmoss' Christmas Bug Preserver wreath was such a dear dear surprise and beautiful gift - it has to shine again!
The blue background, the reflections, the pool motive ... this was exactly what made me choose this ornament. And of course finding healed, preserved Kahvi's was a perfect "echo of the past".
*chuckles* I do my best to find some unexpected "out-of-the-box" motives for the calendar every year! You are right about the snowflake-star. I guess the true color is a flitterning purple.
Cutie portrait against her whole jumpy self - no doubt which motive would win in that case. It's so much her and brings more variety. I've seen the bauble construction as a swing she uses ... possibly made by Redlance from vines. I love your idea, Wolfie!

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 12:26 am

Oh Madcoil.

No clue on the other,sorry.

Love the one with Dewshine and Tyleet. Very pretty.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 10:06 am

Aww, pregnant Tyleet with Dewshine and Scouter! Tyleet Kiss Dewshine Scouter I love that their bauble shape is that of a heart! Beautiful bauble!

Oh! This is an interesting one! I love that the flute goes out of the bauble! A very nice idea to choose this image! I also see that a part of his arm is sticking outside as well! I really liked this story of Acorn!

Madcoil! Madcoil I was waiting for him to show up! I love the blue lightning that goes through the bauble!

Aww, little Yun! Yun and... Chot/Skot??? Chot Skot I never really knew who this cub was. I love the blue background with the white star-shaped baubles! Really fits with the original image!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 11:28 am

Acorn is tripping!

And the weirdest hairdo to ever be seen on the WoTM (her name is Jirda)

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Kahvi! Young Kahvi from the miniseries! Oh man I always loved that storyline. It was full of twists and turns, wee Redbark, Aurek (post FQ), the message of finding something worth taking back to the tribe wasn't a trophy after all. The watereffect looks really good in that bauble!

Is that the statue of Tyldak, pre-Winnowill? Playing a flute? =D Regardless of it is or not, you made it 3D! It looks super cool!

I like how menacing the Madcoil one looks. The blue electricity looks like it is restraining him. Due to replaying Mass Effect, my first thought was that he was covered in biotic barrier. XD

First human! Man, I had forgotten how feral he looked. The brows make him almost seem like a sketch on some yellowed or sephia paper that the elves made to remember him and the fear they accidentally caused by.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 11:09 am

A wolf eating his prey! Hungry Wolf I wonder which wolf this is. I like the stuff in the background!

The first human the high ones met... and the one who killed Aerth! He sure belongs in this one! A very nice bauble Embala! He does look pretty evil!

Is that young Shuna? A very cute bauble! I like how this one turned out! It kinda looks like a zipper that you open and fala!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Lets see Rayek.

Bearclaw and Trolls. Little Scoundrel

Then add Sunbeam and Brill's recognition.

and the wolves.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Madcoil Madcoil - no way to doubt this one! And no wonder you are cluless with the "Shadowshifter", G0lden. He's kind of a magic pool / High One spirit who "possessed" Acorn Sohngshaper in a BoTC story. *shhh* whispers: There's a pretty "princess" in the cubs section, too!
Finally a series of well visible pictures for you! Smile Rayek - hearing the CRY and twisting times.
Little Scoundrel Wink - you get why Bearclaw found his place among the bunch of the 12 Nights! ^^ A sweet yet uncommon recognition in spirit form - Sunstream and Brill add variance to the Recognition series. And the feeding wolf represents the circle of life and death. The WAY is an ancient echo too.
I love to see that pregnant Tyleet and her lifemates caught your eye and heart.

Yours too, Wolfie! I love you A heart was so fitting for the mood ... and the lovemates were arranged in a way that went perfectly with this shape.
Thanks for the praise of Shadowshifter's bauble. I wanted to use him for quite some time (initially in a "12 Nights" arrangement) - couldn't miss him for this "echoes" topic. I wanted to have the flute reaching out but when I found this oddly fitting unusual bauble his arm broke free, too. The 12 Nights inspire more unusual solutions as usually. When I found this plasma sphere it was absolutely clear that it will be for Madcoil. The girl in the star alongside Yun is her childhood friend Jirda. She actually had an entry in "Going Back" - here and in some more panels. The silvery stars really mirror the winter mood from the centerfold.
This wolf, the comparably rough scene, stands for another "Night spirit" and for learning "The Way". I figure that it's the pack Timmain befriended and as this wolf is the first to feed it's possibly the alpha male who sired Timmorn. For contrast I've banned him in a bauble with wintry but lovely background. Strongest Man - the one who started the fight and killed *shh* Adya - got a wooden sphere to represent his club. And - because he looked great in it! You are right with Shuna. I gave her this bauble because I think each little girls wishes to be a princess at least once. It reminds me of a princess from a children's book illustration. The zipper is a fun idea! Laughing

Tripping Laughing - that's a way to look at it, Redhead! Jirda's hairstyle seems very unpractised but unique for sure. Ember

I wasn't aware you like the KAHVI series so much, Startear. Glad I could offer you an unexpected treat - Kahvi and her "magic pool" are echoes of the past for sure.
The unknown flute player calls himsef the "Shadowshifter" - a possessive High One spirit who had occupied Acorn's mind. Click the picture and it will lead to the story on DEQ. I'm glad that the 3D effect works so well. Very Happy Born by electicity - caged in electricity. Sounds appropriate. ^^ I've banned Madcoil in a plasma sphere.
An idol of Strongest Man made for memory - I like this thought, Startear. Especially fitting as I've used a wooden ball. Watch out - this feral Human will show up one more time this year. Actually ... next year!

Speaking of next year ... this was the New Year greeting card of the 2012/13 season.

Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 2012_h10

Last edited by Embala on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:30 am

Aaah! Rayek taking in a literal echo! Rayek Suntop Uncomfortable

And quite possibly the weirdest Recognition ever. sunstream brill

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 11:36 am

So that was Jirda! Reading hidden years 2 again... I remember her now!
I always get Aerth his name and Ady's name mixed wrong for some reason!

I love the new years' card with the howling wolves! Hungry Wolf It does fit perfectly!!

Pretty dark baubles with Rayek the spirits of the high ones! Rayek I love the red ribbon that goes around the baubles, connecting each bauble with each other!

Troll king Greymung! Troll Tongue He sure belongs there! I love the gold background with all the gemstones and gold! I love that the image of Greymung look seems to look at the gey round stone! It makes it look like he's looking in a crystal ball! Or maybe he found some more tressure!! Then again, it is probably the stone where Skywise gets his lodestone from! Skywise Wink

Sunstream and Brill! sunstream brill Beautiful images of their recognition! I love the background in this It kinda made it look like we're still under the sea!

I wish you and everyone a very happy new year!! May this year fill you with a lot of joy and good health! I hope this year will be a lot better for everyone!! Drinking

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 7:38 pm

Good catch, Redhead! In both cases. ^^

It was a little extra challenge in the beginning to have the New Year greetings performed by all the differrent kind of characters, Wolfie. Starting with the Trolls ... Elves ... Humans ... Preservers - Wolves - Coneheads - Spirits ... - I'm running out of possibilities. Though - there are always different Elf tribes! ^^
Dark Rayek indeed! The red ribbons look like they are part of his outfit ... or energy spreading and connecting the events.
I've gathered lots of gold and jewelry for King Greymung's throne chamber. ^^ And he got a true pyrite sphere to represent the big loadstone.
I'm glad you've pointed out the background of the Sunstream/Brill Recognition. For a long time I wasn't content with it. Now I can see the sea ground association! Very Happy

Thank you for the New Year wishes. Same for you, my dear young friend.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 8:00 pm

It's past midnight here ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 Happyn10

Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 2017_h10

Hopefully this year will bring more rationality and peace to the world.
Health and luck, love and wealth for you. May your dreams and wishes come true.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next