Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Troll Culture

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

Troll Culture Empty
PostSubject: Troll Culture   Troll Culture EmptyWed May 20, 2020 3:22 pm

In the original Elfquest Scroll of Colors, I started a thread entitled "Trolls Versus Elves." In the Archives, the thread appears here: Trolls Versus Elves

I started posting about Trolls in the "Skin Color" thread, so I thought I would continue my comments, this time under a less inflammatory title.

In the World of Two Moons, intelligent cultures include humans, Elves, Trolls and Preservers. Preservers don't reproduce and are almost immortal. Their culture is simple and doesn't change, unless I missed something. So Troll culture is best compared to human and Elf culture.

Trollbabe

Troll Culture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll Culture   Troll Culture EmptyWed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm

FWIW I include Two-Edge under Troll culture, as he never became socially involved with his mother's people, the Gliders.

Despite his mental issues and complete lack of morals, Trolls claim him as a great Master Craftsman.

I mentioned once that some Troll families have portraits of Winnowill and Two-Edge in their homes. They don't necessarily know Winnowill's name, or anything about her.

Winnowill is portrayed as a Troll woman, whose pointed ears indicate that she is an Elf. Baby Two-Edge is nestled lovingly in her arms.

In the same manner, European paintings of the Holy Family depict a European trio in fine contemporary clothing, rather than a first-century Jewish working class family.

Two-Edge may not have been exposed to Troll culture beyond the few years he had with his father, but he was an important influence upon Troll technology.

Troll Culture
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: All the Many Colors-
Jump to: