Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art

Go down 
+2
Yeee
Tymber
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2020 - 21:36

Thanx, Trollhammer, yes it is fun, just need time for every picture.

November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Courts12November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Rayhan26November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Rayhan27November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 0:52

page 1 finished.
Rain
Hate

Yeee drags a lot of human made tools around, e.g. pajamas , toothbrushes and toothbrush tumblers.  Laughing
November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Grabba14

Last edited by Yeee on Tue 23 Mar 2021 - 23:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 6:50

Sorry Tymber, meant to go back and read your second story and got all crossed up between different grab bags and life running mucks... (Dumb joke). Anyway, now I want to see if you give Two Edge a soul name or.... Something else? I forgot there was a hinting at between those two back in the battle for the palace, a maybe that fell short. This piece you wrote holds together as an AU, unless you are going to play with it more and see where the rabbit hole goes? Hope so. Smile

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 7:49

TrollHammer wrote:
Sorry Tymber, meant to go back and read your second story and got all crossed up between different grab bags and life running mucks... (Dumb joke). Anyway, now I want to see if you give Two Edge a soul name or.... Something else? I forgot there was a hinting at between those two back in the battle for the palace, a maybe that fell short. This piece you wrote holds together as an AU, unless you are going to play with it more and see where the rabbit hole goes? Hope so. Smile

Yeah - the Vaya / Two-Edge story ... I am just... whenever something strikes my fancy, I will continue it compared to Stonehowl, which I will continue as long as the inspiration to write is there. Smile

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020 - 19:15

This story contains all the elements except hate. Been working on this for a couple days, just needed to transcribe it. A little thing. I like little things. (also, I have no idea how this type of thing works in the real world, but this is the world of two moons so I'm going for it.)

Rain... it almost never rained in the desert. Almost.

The wolfriders hadn't seen a drop of rain since coming to the sun village at sorrows end. But it was something they had seen often enough that they never imagined it could cause such a stir before now. The frivolous laughing and hurried rushing of the villagers woke their sleeping lupine cousins.

Had the mountain worked up the zwoots into a stampede again? They asked and were laughed at for not understanding the signs of what was coming.

As the villagers prepared for a coming force the wolfriders continued, Whatever it is let us help like before, perhaps we can change the oucome.

Oh, foolish wolfriders, can you make the very sky bend to your desires? Even so we wouldn't want you to.

Cutter turned to Leetah in confusion as she danced about him laughing. As their pups had continued to grow within her he had visited her hut more and more.

"The air is heavy can you feel it? The desert animals have gone to ground, they know it is coming!"

"Rain?"

She laughed Joyfully, "Rain!"

"It's going to rain?"

"Yes!"

He cound't picture it, rain falling here, wetting this near barren land? But the proof that it was coming was all around them. The villagers relied on and rejoiced in the yearly coming of the rainfall that to prepare and celebrate it was ingrained in their culture. And the celebration was grand.

When the rain finally fell everyone found themselves holed up in the hills and caves as a river of water rushed across the land below. And once it had ceased and the clouds had disipated flowers of all shapes and sizes and colors bloomed and the villagers picked them.

Why, the wolfriders asked, why pick them all?

Because, they replied, they will all die tomorrow.

They took the flowers and weaved them into banners and cloaks, the ladies wore them in their hair and Leetah was almost completely adorned in them when she danced.

She danced. She danced for the rain that the wolfriders had not even imagined could come.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020 - 4:43

*claps* Well done, and thanks for joining in! Smile

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020 - 5:08

Evil Evie wrote:

This story contains all the elements except hate. Been working on this for a couple days, just needed to transcribe it. A little thing. I like little things. (also, I have no idea how this type of thing works in the real world, but this is the world of two moons so I'm going for it.)

First, great to see some new blood in these grab bags of late!

Second -

Evil Evie wrote:

When the rain finally fell everyone found themselves holed up in the hills and caves as a river of water rushed across the land below. And once it had ceased and the clouds had disipated flowers of all shapes and sizes and colors bloomed and the villagers picked them.

Why, the wolfriders asked, why pick them all?

Because, they replied, they will all die tomorrow.

I absolutely freaking LOVED this set up. VERY well done.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020 - 5:33

TrollHammer wrote:
*claps* Well done, and thanks for joining in! Smile

Very glad to join troll hammer!

Tymber wrote:

Thank you so much! Its so interesting looking back now, I honestly don't think I gave that part a ton of thought. Honestly it just made sense to me that they would.

Yes I think I'll enjoy doing the grab bags. Already formulating thoughts for next month. santa

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020 - 18:41

Evil Evie wrote:

Tymber wrote:
Thank you so much! Its so interesting looking back now, I honestly don't think I gave that part a ton of thought. Honestly it just made sense to me that they would.

Hah! Funny, because it all literally builds up to that moment from the start - it begins with rain.
And the effect is the flowers.

But I think, it also struck a chord with me - because... 2020 has dealt some... difficult blows.

And I've learned to try and appreciate the small beauties we're given.

Because tomorrow is never promised.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020 - 20:53

awww, cute story!

November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Courts12November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Rayhan26November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Rayhan27November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 7:16

November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 20201110
Didn't finish it and isnt anything like what I started out trying for, but here's my spin on the axe in Tymber's story, the one the pirate captain Rumdreer brandished...

If I get the finish right the way I want it Ill repost it.

Last edited by TrollHammer on Wed 2 Dec 2020 - 7:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Couldnt remember the captain's name)
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 8:18

TrollHammer wrote:

Didn't finish it and isnt anything like what I started out trying for, but here's my spin on the axe in Tymber's story, the one the pirate captain brandished...
If I get the finish right the way I want it Ill repost it.

affraid

That's me picking my jaw off the floor. Dude. This is incredible.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 23:20

looks great, awesome Troll axe!

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Dec 2020 - 7:32

Thanks, guys, it was too much fun to make to feel like it was anythng but goofy. I just wish Id gotten the stain figured out in time for the end of november (personal challenge, if I dont set goals I tend to procrastinate)

There was going to be a variety of "features" befitting the character in the story, such as that the head was pickled in virgin olive oil, various shapes and contours used for various things... Its Tymber's story though, and after the stain stymied me I opted to put up what I had.

Already have some ideas for next month... A little less... Intimidating subject matter you could say...

Thanks again for the encouragement!

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Dec 2020 - 8:44

TrollHammer wrote:

There was going to be a variety of "features" befitting the character in the story, such as that the head was pickled in virgin olive oil, various shapes and contours used for various things... Its Tymber's story though, and after the stain stymied me I opted to put up what I had.

Well because of you - this ax will be a part of the December story, no doubt.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 23:46

Oooof, well, finally I made the pencil version of page 2 of my November Grab Bag entry. Hooray!
November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Grabba12
This is for you @Zinegirl: You wanted so much to see Ember and Teir's child, now you can have 2 of them. If you like, you can choose their appearance now.
Panel 2 is for my Moonlight, who loooooves rain, so she is " ...just singing in the rain"
There were these ingenious speech bubble stickers in the supermarket, I bought them ALL !!! (crazy laughs)

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 23:14

It`s finished: Page 2 rain
November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Grabba13

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 23:24

LOL ... chief's knot ressembles little devil horns - and her expression totally fits this idea! XD

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Mar 2021 - 9:02

Twisted Evil lol

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art    November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2020 "Grab bag" stories | poetry | art
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2