Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When's the last time you actually read Elfquest?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

When's the last time you actually read Elfquest? Empty
PostSubject: When's the last time you actually read Elfquest?   When's the last time you actually read Elfquest? EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 1:49 pm

I feel like I'm always pulling up specific issues or scenes when I revisit Elfquest. Final Quest and Stargazers Hunt had me sitting down to read a series from start to finish, but of course these are new. I feel like it's been a couple years at least since I've comprehensively read even any of the shorter story arcs. I think I read Dreamtime last and before that I would frequently reread the Bearclaw stories collected in a graphic novel I own.

I'm kind of curious to see if it's the same or longer for others. Or have your done a recent reread?
Back to top Go down
Anduinel

Anduinel

PostSubject: Re: When's the last time you actually read Elfquest?   When's the last time you actually read Elfquest? EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 5:38 am

Starting a holt with some friends, so I've refreshed myself up through Hidden Years recently.
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: When's the last time you actually read Elfquest?   When's the last time you actually read Elfquest? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2024 11:08 am

Not really. I followed FQ, but was sometimes quite puzzled by some decisions.
Still have to read Stargazer's Hunt.
I do re-readings of some parts annually, but it is not a complete collection re-read. Happens often, when I look for character references for doing art and the likes.
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: When's the last time you actually read Elfquest?   When's the last time you actually read Elfquest? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2024 11:43 am

Anduinel wrote:
Starting a holt with some friends, so I've refreshed myself up through Hidden Years recently.

That's quite a big refresh, I wish your new holt well!

jaRf wrote:
Happens often, when I look for character references for doing art and the likes..

I haven't seen you post any art on here. Do you use the references for non-EQ art?

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: When's the last time you actually read Elfquest?   When's the last time you actually read Elfquest? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2024 12:25 pm

(slightly of topic: Contributing to the EQ fan-art calendar since... I guess 2012? When there was that pin-up weekly planner and further on, not entirely annually, but often, to the regular fan-art calendar. Or rarely also some "offline" analog art as a gift for friends.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When's the last time you actually read Elfquest?   When's the last time you actually read Elfquest? Empty

Back to top Go down

When's the last time you actually read Elfquest?
Page 1 of 1