Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you do for a living?

Go down 
+30
wingthing
Sofia
Cloudbuck
G0lden
Josine
Rainflower
Multi-Facets
Startear
Nomad-Human
Zadzi
Embala
Sifra
jaRf
Trollbabe
Tenderfoot
Stormcatcher
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
faeriegirl
Leanan
Redhead Ember
TrollHammer
Marina.yurk
Fairyring
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Elwing
Soreyes
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

What do you do for a living? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 6:50 pm

LOL ... just click the "Arts and Crafts" in my previous post - it's a link! And your jewelry is just to my liking - so delicate and playful.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 9:35 pm

Oh DUH, I didn't even know that was a link LOL

...and thank you!

What do you do for a living? - Page 3 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Nomad-Human

Nomad-Human

Scorpio Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:52 am

Well, I used to be a female U.S. Marine for 6 years, way back in the day. Then after that I was a mortgage auditor for Wells Fargo, after that I was a property manager for a long time. Now I'm a stay at home mom. I have 2 children Sophia (age 7) and Micah (age 5) and they and their schedules keep me on my toes.

Though I will admit, there's a part of me that truly misses crawling around with the warrior vibe that being in the military gave me. However this lady's mouth was not an asset to a long term career there.

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Full time student.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 3:49 am

I have two part-time jobs; one is the personal assistant of a local jeweler (eight years and counting), and the other is for a doggie-care business in town. The bosses primarily work on obedience training, and I do janitor work, check up on clients' pets as needed, and hopefully soon there'll be clients for our dog-walking services.

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 4:25 pm

Currently I am working as apprentice in a flower shop with intention of becoming a flower arranger. I have less than a year before I'm done, hoping to pass the exam. Lower payd than the full educated folks, but I get important teaching included.

I wanted actually to become a jewelry maker. I too wanna see your things, Zadzi
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:46 pm

I study Biology Smile

http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Well I was moved to another project where I work. I went from processing orders for field agents for new services to dealing with really angry customers. Well actually is it closer to really and thoroughly pissed off customers. I will be finally working a full 40 hr. work wk. after waiting for this to happen in the old project. Plus I will have some mandatory overtime to boot. We'll see how it goes.

Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:21 am

I sell books at the 9-to-5 (well, 7-to-4 for me), but I also work on my creatures and sculptural work in the evening! The holidays were really brutal this year on both fronts, and I'm thinking about imposing a month long New Year break on my Etsy shop in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://myarmcanfly.net
Sofia

Sofia

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:28 pm

It's so interesting to read about what everyone is doing - always good to be reminded that there are people behind all the forum usernames!

I'm a speech-language pathologist, used to work as a swim coach and have written a book, with hopefully more to come. Am thinking of switching work place at the moment, but we'll see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
http://lostholt.eu5.net/
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:05 am

Elementary school teacher over here!
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:16 am

I'm a customer service rep. It is a fairly soul-crushing job, especially because it's so slow right now. Don't get me wrong; having a few minutes between customers yelling at me is great (it's literally non-stop in the summer, you end one call, you start the next three rings later), but you're more likely to be sent home, you don't get more than 25 hours a week (and only that many if you're lucky), the way they do the scheduling and availability system is ridiculous...but before this, I was unemployed for almost four years, so I'm loathe to let it go too quickly. But there's nowhere to go in this job...nowhere I want to go, anyway. So instead of trying to find another wage slave job, I'm working on my writing...I have two books of short stories I would like to publish in the near future.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
truelight

truelight

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Elwing wrote:
Used to be a lighting adviser and complaint department monkey at a major lamp manufacturing business. Unfortunately my career ended a couple of years ago. But, the good news is I do lots of volunteer work, mostly at this theatre. Also, I'm an artist of sorts- I do prints, sculpture, photography.

What do you do for a living? - Page 3 De-Roma-zaal-%28c%29-Alidoor-Dellafaille-3
That sound like a great job!
Back to top Go down
truelight

truelight

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 pm

I sell cosmetics and occasionally act. Recently I sold a couple of plays and am hoping to turn that into a full time job soon.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Truelight sells cosmetics, i make them as a chemist Smile
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Ah, biochemistry. Interesting. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Indeed it is. My primary field is study of lipid biochemistry and the cannabinoid system, and due to that ive also been interested in parts of the serotonin system as well. Part of this was my advisor, who studied these things but unfortunately worked for the US government to condemn medical cannabis.

Im glad these things are becoming legalized so i dont have to run anymore.

For now im content with creating organic skincare products until we have a functioning cannabis industry out here and they repeal US Tax Code 280E for us.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 5:17 pm

I just smile and nod and sigh a lot.

What do you do for a living? - Page 3 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What do you do for a living? - Page 3 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 12:39 am

Customer service representative. Yup, I deal with crazy people all day long. Mind you there are a lot really great people as well. But some are just crazy.

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 10:43 pm

I do tech support...my actual job title is a bit more complicated but that pretty much covers it. Smile

Back in college I had plans to become an acupuncturist but that got put on hold when I had to deal with some difficulties that life threw my way. Since I was a tech assistant in college it sort of fell in my lap as a career and it paid the bills so I just stuck with it. Some years later I decided to quit and ran a home business for a while and although it eventually ended up failing I surely learned a lot. About eight years ago I decided to go back to the tech world and while I don't enjoy it that much I do enjoy having a steady paycheck.

A lot of people ask me about the acupuncture thing but my answer is always the same. That was the dream of a much younger man and I am no longer that person. I've made my peace with that decision and I have different dreams now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 11:06 pm

I'm the best at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice.

I audit.

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3