Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silly Questions that Go Unanswered

Go down 
+21
Bluetree
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Evil Evie
Miss Gillespie
Redhead Ember
Davrille
Embala
Leanan
Kindredsoul
TrollHammer
G0lden
Merelf
Elwing
Zadzi
wingthing
kathleen3.0
sun girl
Lunakat
truelight
Vaeri
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
When the high ones decided to take on the elven form, they chose their respective form sorta randomly, right?

Wrong. Timmain explained, in the end of the original quest, that the "coneheads" had SPIED upon the humans of that world of two moons and they DETECTED that the humans worshipped and had LEGENDS about beings with THAT appearance.

Once more, my conclusion is that this "elf" form comes literally from.. NOWHERE.

Miss Gillespie wrote:
And according to the "only once" rule, Timmain was able to shape herself down genetically to have offspring with an alien species. So I assume most high ones only shape change on a superficial level?

Nope. They can CHOOSE how deeply they change themselves.
Even as deep as genetically so.

Making them the most incredible shapechangers of the universe, potentially.

Unless their magic fails them.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 1:55 pm

This may be the point, PC.

ALL Coneheads are able to change to a genetical level (more or less deep) within the magical aura of the Palace.

ONLY Timmain was able to do so in the magic-hostile environment of the World of Two Moons.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 6:17 am

PCoquelin wrote:
Miss Gillespie wrote:
When the high ones decided to take on the elven form, they chose their respective form sorta randomly, right?
Wrong. Timmain explained, in the end of the original quest, that the "coneheads" had SPIED upon the humans of that world of two moons and they DETECTED that the humans worshipped and had LEGENDS about beings with THAT appearance.
Ok, I'll be a bit more specific, they choose the shape of their faces, the colour of their hair, the colour of their eyes etc. randomly. One conehead looks just like the other. Afterwards, some had red hairs, other had white hair. Randomly.

PCoquelin wrote:

Miss Gillespie wrote:
And according to the "only once" rule, Timmain was able to shape herself down genetically to have offspring with an alien species. So I assume most high ones only shape change on a superficial level?
Nope. They can CHOOSE how deeply they change themselves.
Even as deep as genetically so.
I'm pretty sure, Wendy or Richard said somewhere, that there is not going to be a human-elf hybrid, since Timmain and the wolf was a one time only thing and other high ones or elves can't shape down to the genetic level

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 4:22 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
I'm pretty sure, Wendy or Richard said somewhere, that there is not going to be a human-elf hybrid, since Timmain and the wolf was a one time only thing and other high ones or elves can't shape down to the genetic level

They DID say that.

However, considering they also recently allowed Shenshen's experiment...
Considering that, in the "Rebels" and "Jink" series, we see humans with elf-like mental powers...

I would not be SO sure.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:49 pm

What if Redlance encountered Baby Groot from "Guardians of the Galaxy 2"?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 3:19 am

Tyleet would get a little brother - what else? ^^

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 12:56 pm

What if Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and Sylvester the cat are descended from elves?

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 am

Wait what??? Trollbabe, lol at both!!!

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 8:36 pm

I won't post pictures, but you can look them up online.

Bugs, Porky and Sylvester stand upright, talk and have somewhat human anatomy, as though each were a cross between an animal and an intelligent creature. (Bugs and Sylvester have fur, while Porky wears clothes.)

Their proportions differ from both humans and animals. They have large eyes in proportion to their heads, and large heads in proportion to their bodies. All three have pointed ears, with Porky's ears being the most elf-like.

None of them seem to age. Porky's been around since 1935. They recover quickly from injuries that would kill or permanently maim humans, suggesting they either have self-healing powers or have access to an Elfin healer.

While they display no specific magic powers, each of them seem capable of occasionally defying the laws of physics. Examples include teleportation and levitation.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 8:45 pm

O.O ... they are ... ElfQuest EQ - Survivors of the Lost Tribes

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 12:08 am

I was reading an article about self-images and mirrors. Most people can recognise their own faces best, because it's the face they are most familiar with. However, there was a time without mirrors and people couldn't really know what they look like. Sure, you could try to see your own reflection in water, but the image would be dark, because your head is blocking the light. That's the whole reason Narcissus drowned.

Sooo... I guess most elves could ask another elf to send him or her a vision of his or hers own appearance. "What do I look like?" But what about elves who don't send? Or those, who live alone? Do Go Backs have a different self-image than Wolfriders? Did the self-image of the Sun Folk change with the process of learning how to send*? Does Two-Edge knows his own face?

*Maybe the Sun Folk had polished metal mirrors. However, even though they are better than water reflections, they still aren't that good.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Good question. I Corinthians 13:12 refers to the poor quality of mirroring devices two thousand years ago. Go-Backs might have been able to see their reflection occasionally in smooth ice.

I think, in one of the novels, a High One tried to make glass, but the results weren't useful. A skilled rockshaper must be able to make a mirror out of some kind of mineral.

It would be funny if Elves could use other Elves to send selfies (Elfies?)

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 9:29 pm

If the Holt is a willow tree, do Elves step outside and chew on the bark when they have headaches or fevers?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 10:11 pm

^^

Not usually. Redlance has made sure that everyone has some "inside bark" right at their sleeping corner!

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 9:36 pm

That is thoughtful of him!

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:27 am

What the fuck kinda hair-product does Korafay use? She spends basically all her time underwater, yet is able to maintain her hair's crazy volume.

:korafay:

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 6:26 am

Moonshade *backcombing and preserver-goo hairspray do the trick*

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 pm

just read through the whole original arcs and the special..pretty much up til before Shard's war, and i had one specific question, but got a couple more from reading through this thread.

Main question: not so silly, but meaningless....what happened to Leetah's velvet? the one Moonshade implied would keep her in mends for decades, if not centuries? did it rot? did Cutter get rid of it and keep it a secret? IT WAS SO PRETTY. why do we never see bits and pieces of it in Leetah's new outfits?

so...elves can tan. elves can be dark skinned. does this mean elves can have freckles? and why do we never see a canon freckled elf? why did NONE of the wolfrider's develope freckles or any skintone change after settling in Sorrows End?
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Some of the elves went through a 70s phase (and don't tell me they are stuck there, I mean the kind of 70s phase when Redlance discovered goofy plants and pepped them up a bit, until the tribe wiped them out) and use the velvet for those fill in the blank paintings with bright colors that used to be so popular. It didn't last long. The velvet, I mean, the phase went on for nearly 60 years.

There are freckles on some elves, but when one shows up with spots, it ends up like the 'Sneeches on Beaches" scenario with a healer in the middle trading spots from tribesmate to tribesmate. It usually results in some whacked out scenario where they go cancerous or out of style, and the healer 'resets the slate' and things go without freckles for a few generations until another one pops up to remind them.

Same as moles.

The real question is, why no one bothers to worry about freckles on Trolls?

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 2:48 am

Because trolls find them to be useful, rather than a visual hindrance or physical flaw of appearance. Troll freckles provide endless entertainment, as well as  being educational, or serve a purpose.

For example, many trolls find that their freckles are forms of art, or some use their freckles in forms of games. Tic-tac-toe, connect the dots, or a form of stargazing where trolls depict what images they see in another''s pattern of freckles.

Some have bewildering stories behind their freckles which are mostly an abundance of rich history behind the beholder of such freckles. Each freckle representing a remarkable event or challenging turmoil, and so on. Such are used in educating the youth so they know to take pride in their own freckles.  

Some trolls even believe that elder troll freckles also represent maps/directions of sorts to great treasures across the lands. Whether this prospect has ever been proven true still remains a great secret amongst the trolls.

Hence the appreciation the trolls have of their freckles only further confirms why the majority of trolls shrug off any form of vanity because they see the beauty in things where most wince in disgust.

So another curious question is, how did the trolls come to increase in size over the centuries since the Palace crash landing? The theory of the Wolfriders diminishing in height from the initial High Ones was due to the evolution of "survival", which is (partly) what led them to become shorter and stalkier (?) from centuries of enduring the harshness of their environment.
So how did the trolls come to bigger and bulkier than their smaller ancestors, having lived underground for so many centuries?

Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 Santa_10Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 Downlo23Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 Av_cut10Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 3:20 am

The living first troll is on scale with the modern trolls, and to keep in mind the modern trolls are of scale with modern wolfriders (give or take a hand or so), they arent that much larger.

But diet has much to play in general size of population, and it may just be the food of the world of two moons simply agrees with them.

Of course theres all the GMO sources that may be playing a part in things. Who knows what hormone and antibiotic effects that shapers have on their, ahem, resultant works. Thats not just a tree thats in a different shape, it has different growth rate, fruit yield, root nutrition, and so on. That deer that was shaped to grow antlers in a better shape for use as a bow before its killed and eaten (or traded off to the Trolls for arrowheads) has who knows what left over running through its blood. Healer isnt going to pay much attention when the things nust going to die afterwards.

And dont get me started on ol Winnie or possibly Haken...

The freckle issue does change from clan to clan, where some cultures (unseen in the comics) may find that tattoos defeat most of the value of natural freckles: whose to say what is natural, and natural freckles in these cultures have to be worked around by an artist... So it is quite a diverse perspective on freckles among trolls.

Point Id like to inquire about, is how much similarity is there between Trolls and Ferengi? Are ears erogenous zones on par with these pink skinned aliens? Is it taboo to bring up? Is poking one's finger in one's ear socially considered distasteful as a form of pleasuring ones self? Is old maggoty's propensity to spit in one's ear while trying to quietly manipulate someone of lesser mental capacity far more of a mind twist than depicted in the comics? Will we ever know? Will this keep me up for another night, and is this line of questioning sign Im passed my bedtime?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 3:48 am

I think the big question right now is:
Where, exactly, did Jink bite Goldruff?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 9:46 pm

I mentioned the Troll freckle discussion to Cousin Ringworm. He volunteered to bend over and show off his finest freckles to the lot of you. I told him the moderators wouldn't approve.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 2:49 am

It should be fine, just entitle it "Proper Composting Methods" or "What happens when you dont clean out an unplugged fridge for 6 months". Those who need to know will know what it really is.

The best thing about being a troll with freckles is that you know they arent melanoma or sun spots. Luxury of flean living underground.

Those pink skinned Wolfriders wandering around in the desert have to rely on their healers to keep from dieing a gruseum death from skin cancer. What were they thinking, insulting a king like that to his face instead of behind his back like any half sentient biped would do?

Another question: what would happen if Deadpool's skin was healed by:
Leetah?
or
Winnowil?
or
Mender?
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 11:26 am

What would a preserver command if one found itself King of trolls?

If Timmain and Cutter Recognized each other (which they sort of did?), what would be the result? And what would it be considered/called?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions that Go Unanswered   Silly Questions that Go Unanswered - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silly Questions that Go Unanswered
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next