Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Voll, Lord of the Gliders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Voll, Lord of the Gliders Empty
PostSubject: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Voll, Lord of the Gliders ... this was Voll's thread, opened by PCoquelin, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Voll's bio page on Elfquest.com.

Last edited by Embala on Mon May 01, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:08 am

'Character Bio':

Lord Voll (m)

Deceased (killed by trolls) – immortal
Lovemate of Winnowill

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Resurrecting this thread in homage to my hormone-addled teenage self to say...god I stan a trash-elf.

Voll is just the worst and I still adore him. What a bastard. In his way he's just as manipulative as Winnowill, which is something that hasn't occurred to me until recently. He is kinder than she is, and seems slightly more invested in the thoughts and feelings and safety of others...unless, of course, they're not doing what he wants them to. Then it's time to take everyone on the worst impromptu roadtrip ever! Also also also Voll literally would rather be entombed alive for thousands of years than admit he's wrong! Good god!
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 am

Thinking of Voll always plunges me in the deepest sadness.

And Two Edge's words haunt me:
" It has begun.. again! "

What, oh! WHAT did Voll once try?

I am very much afraid..

Voll, Lord of the Gliders PC777_DCA3VollSymbolAv

..we shall never know.

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 pm

That's a very interesting interpretation of Two Edge's quote, actually. Initially I just assumed that he meant that his games with Winnowill were running again...but she did make him swear to not interfere with something.

I've been thinking back to my obsession with VollLives!fics, and wondering what exactly he would bring to the Quest storyline. Naturally the small group of Gliders would throw in with the Wolfriders and Go Backs to win back the Palace...but what happens after that?

I see Voll and Cutter either becoming confidantes and colleagues in chieftainship...or else butting heads constantly because Voll almost literally does not understand the concept of compromise. He and Winnowill worked as a team...in that she had his back as a spouse and advisor. Voll did not necessarily share lordship with Winnowill in an official capacity, and it doesn't look like the Gliders had anything in the way of a council group. Voll had the end word in everything...and if he didn't like what he was hearing, he ignored it.

I think that Voll would certainly be forced to grow as a leader and person, had he survived. His inability to listen to the thoughts of others more or less led him to his death.
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 10:12 am

From..

Voll, Lord of the Gliders Pc091_10

..to

Voll, Lord of the Gliders Pc169_10

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 1:39 pm

PCoquelin wrote:
From..

Voll, Lord of the Gliders Pc091_10

..to

Voll, Lord of the Gliders Pc169_10

I am happy Elfmom changed the early design because in his final form, Voll is exhibiting so much more majesty...!

I remember that as a teenager I was devastated about his brutal death Crying or Very sad ...also it seemed to me that after he was gone, Winnowill got fully out of control with her bad and ruthless actions...like, a part of her conscience and her integrity died together with Voll.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 3:26 pm

Every time I look at this early drawing I see a clear ressemblence with two different characters. I've wondered if Wendy Pini decided at some point of EQ developement to split this early draft into Skywise and Lord Voll.

Voll, Lord of the Gliders Sketch10

And if I look again a third one shines through who might be based on this idea - Anatim, the Suntoucher.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 8:06 am

@Embala Now that you said it, I can see a bit of Anatim, too. study You have a keen eye for elf faces.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voll, Lord of the Gliders   Voll, Lord of the Gliders Empty

Back to top Go down

Voll, Lord of the Gliders
Page 1 of 1