Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The first fallen: Haken

Go down 
+3
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
Embala
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

The first fallen: Haken Empty
PostSubject: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 3:39 pm

The first fallen: Haken ... this was Haken's thread, opened by The_Wylde_Wynd, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Haken's bio page on Elfquest.com.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:31 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Haken is so,so,so,so weird and I've had to try and draw him to get a better handle on him.

The first fallen: Haken Haken11

I'm trying to write a scene where he's confronted by one of my characters and going by how he acted in the HY issues I can't help but see him as completely unapologetic for the stunts he's pulled or just pulling the 'I haven't done anything wrong' card.  

(He's arguing with Yionyi who's merged with a tree here.)

Granted, its Timmain's version of the story and I don't really trust her.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 pm

I always felt that Haken got the short end of the stick. He's angry and he kind of gets punished for his anger. I think you captured him well Shadowpath.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Absolutely Haken! *bows* He's so very alive in this drawing, Shadowpath.

Interesting view on him, Evie.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Ignoring that wolves probably can't rip off an arm like Timmain did in HY; Haken would die of blood loss pretty quickly: he has an open artery. Especially since he's probably exited, his heart rate is up, therefore his pulse (you know the drill). Without the support of the palace influence, I don't think he could fix that soon enough.

No need to look for him, girl

BTW, with Haken gone and a feral pack as help, why didn't the firstcomers try to retake the palace?

(Edit: Wingthing might have an answer in her AU, but let's face it, canon probably doesn't)

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 1:56 pm

The Palace was right there.
Haken seems to have fleshshaper/healer abilities.
He obviously learned to draw power from the Palace to enhance those skills.

Haken could have managed - not the most likely outcome but possible.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Ignoring that wolves probably can't rip off an arm like Timmain did in HY; Haken would die of blood loss pretty quickly: he has an open artery. Especially since he's probably exited, his heart rate is up, therefore his pulse (you know the drill). Without the support of the palace influence, I don't think he could fix that soon enough.

No need to look for him, girl

BTW, with Haken gone and a feral pack as help, why didn't the firstcomers try to retake the palace?

(Edit: Wingthing might have an answer in her AU, but let's face it, canon probably doesn't)
Personally I think he managed to stop blood-flow while still in the Palace where he was a full power. He isn't panicking or the like.

In the story I'm writing Timmain pulls them away from it, under the excuse of 'can't go near wolves when they take down their prey'

Which is what she does in canon.

They don't take it back because Timmain is interested in staying. She's home, as she says in the comic.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Embala wrote: "The Palace was right there.
Haken seems to have fleshshaper/healer abilities.
He obviously learned to draw power from the Palace to enhance those skills.

Haken could have managed - not the most likely outcome but possible."
and
Shadowpath wrote: "Personally I think he managed to stop blood-flow while still in the Palace where he was a full power. He isn't panicking or the like. "

Yup, I am sure he did so, and having flesh shaping ability (proved, yes he does) makes him being able to restore that arm over a long period of time. He would have had to acquire a lot of body mass first in order to be able to form a new arm from it.( Haken, why have you become so fat? LOL)  
And yes, he is very weird , that makes him so very interesting, grin! He is a traumatized and therefore mentally ill freak. He has ingenious abilities with flesh shaping, he can do that, so he has healing as a basic skill and he can certainly do also anti-healing.
Now He would make a great ancestor of Winnowill, and very well her father too.  If he were, it would give some interesting insight into his parenting skills. cough cough  :faceplant:
Now I put in a few more considerations as to how I would further develop this character.  I think he's very dangerous, he could have become a sneaky, sly bastard over time, like Winnie. But his quick temper would break through again and again. He can appear empathetic, but always pursue his own goals ruthlessly and cruelly clear everything out of the way.
He is full of hatred for Timmain and would vengeful without hesitation, hate all Wolf Riders as their descendants and try to kill her and them.  But he would have to find allies first, and he would be domineering. So he would try to ingratiate himself with the leaders of the Allies to get him into the position of power with a lot of charm and empathy .
Once there, he would show his true colours , this peacock.

Last edited by Yeee on Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 7:10 pm

As usual I disconnected too fast from the Father Tree, sorry..

If you pay attention, Haken's sad case merely and plainly illustrates the dangers linked to the process of SPECIALIZATION : the conscience tends to get more and more and even more narrow.
On the very opposite path stand the ones like Timmain who tend to WIDEN their conscience.
Timmain fell into the exact opposite trap, by seeking TOO WIDE a conscience: she lost her Self!

No wonder Haken and Timmain opposed one another in such a violent conflict, even if most readers tend to believe it was just a matter of circumstances, emotions, and 'power vs compassion'. Yet it's a far deeper and simpler problem.

A problem many humans face, on our one-mooned world..

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 9:21 pm

Very interesting details, I haven't actually seen that yet.
That gives the conflict an interesting basis, only if someone has a very broad point of view, he/she should actually also accept the opinion of the other and try to mediate. I can see that , when Timmain says something about "love is the way..." wasn`t it that way? But she suddenly turns into a wolf and bites every chance for peace into pieces when Haken did not immediately gave in but pointed the spear towards Kaslen . ( sorry, can`t see any love in that...). Ok , all the time Haken was an arsehole too and he deserved being punished, but biting the arm off right after blabbering of love ...hm, I don`t want to have someone like Timmain as boss...

Oh btw. PCoquelin, you just found an egg, do you want to bring it home to the Easter egg thread?

A few more considerations:
Yes, Haken is narrow-minded, but isn't Timmain too? Everything has to go the way Haken wants it, but isn't that also the case with Timmain, doesn't everything have to be the way Timmain wants it too? Both are trying to be in control and that creates conflict between them.
Haken is so hot-tempered crazy that he produces a painful black sending to the elves and wants to harm them several times, he is so furious with anger that he destroys everything around him. Before that he only had the dead elves lying around him in the palace ,that gave his mind the rest (yes okay, again very denglish, I cannot say it better).
Timmain is already in control of the group, she is calm and determined. She has the living around her, he only death, she has a huge advantage. This and her sudden wolf-teeth were superior to him. I think if he had formed nasty teeth just as quickly, he could have given her (almost) an equal fight.

considerings Hakens powers : I just found this, he is even able to make humans having headache by what? black sending? Thought that only elves can be hit by it. Wow, he has some great powers ...he is so cool! Great villain! Surprised Twisted Evil
The first fallen: Haken Haken_10

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 12:23 pm

(Nothing to see here)

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first fallen: Haken   The first fallen: Haken Empty

Back to top Go down

The first fallen: Haken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Keeping In Character-
Jump to: