Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What the elves taught you...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

What the elves taught you... Empty
PostSubject: What the elves taught you...   What the elves taught you... EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:35 am

This is the place to tell about what the elves taught you, and thanks them for that  alien

I think it's a little different from the existing threads so I made a new one, tell me if you disagree. I was inspired by this http://elfquest.com/hunthowl/

I want to howl for...

Leetah
http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=OQ/OQ12&p=11
There's one Leetah I like, the one walking alone in Blue mountain in her red coat, looking for Dewshine and confronting Winnowill. She looks so tiny in that place "cold and dark", she has only her strength of will for companion but she's going all the same. She taught me that, to go on even when everything is big and frightening and senseless, to take strength from what's precious to you. And to think for yourself, even when others don't want you to.

"Winnowill... I must have words with you." Brave, brave Leetah!

What the elves taught you... Leetah10 And I love her clothes here! Is it the only time we see her in trousers?

Dewshine
http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=OQ/OQ12&p=5
For being a pretty skinny girl and a huntress both, or even a warrior! If she wants to!

What the elves taught you... Dewshi10 What the elves taught you... Dewshi11

For facing a situation she could neither love nor escape - the worst for a free spirit like her - and learning she could go trough it without loosing herself. For those words: "No one owns me!!" I've made them my mantra...

Cutter
Cutter taught me to trust my chance. Go on with the flow, learn to swim with it... Because he's never the one to decide what happens to him in the end! He makes choices and acts, and then big stuff happens he couldn't have foreseen, like he's just moving a little rock and a whole mountain falls down...

What the elves taught you... Cutter10 What the elves taught you... Cutter11

Strongbow
http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=OQ/OQ20&p=30
"If clinging to the way was a kind of blindness... then I wish I had never be made to see!" Strongbow put words on something I already knew as a child, that too much lucidity isn't healthy for day to day life. I've been looking for the now of wolf thoughts ever since.

Dart
http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=KingsOfTheBrokenWheel&p=78
This one was my little guide in the desert, I owe him a big howl!

What the elves taught you... Dart211

I liked him for doing "what is right" without turning hard skulled or narrow minded. "What is right" not as a fixed thing, what feels right to you now and here, even if it's not easy or unusual. It can mean facing your father and telling him "I know you don't like it but this is what I want to do", or telling your friends you don't agree with what they're doing (Mender...) Or taking lifemates of the same gender (I know it doesn't matter to them, but it did to me!! Those elves helped me get ride of stereotypes I didn't like in the first place but couldn't do without)

I loved him so for not seeing humans as monsters, and for seeing hidden potentials in the sunvillagers.... For seeing people as "people" first, no matter their differences. Dart taught me to follow my own heart rather than my fears or other people ideas. I'm still learning.

What the elves taught you... Dart310

And a big howl for all the elves with a sense of humour, that has taught me most of all!

What the elves taught you... Skywis10
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What the elves taught you...   What the elves taught you... EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:49 pm

All the elves taught me that love is love. It doesn't matter who or how many, the only thing that matters is that the love between everyone involved is right and true.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What the elves taught you...   What the elves taught you... EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Reading Elfquest and making up my own story's about Dart in my head helped me get through very difficult periods of my life (I'm sort of an escapist.Embarassed ) and eventually it helped me create my own characters and my own story, which I am still working on.
Dart inspired me because he always followed his own heart and he had to deal with such difficult things in his life. Reading about him made me realise it was okay to admit to myself things are hard sometimes, and that it was okay to deal with it in my own way.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What the elves taught you...   What the elves taught you... EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Let's be escapists together, Sifra! I'm one too Razz When I'm super upset or depressed, I reread EQ obsessively and it's comforting, 'dulls the pain', and makes everything bearable until I figure out what to do.

It's like human 'wrapstuff' for me Smile
I wasn't taught very well how to self-nurture (just take it and be strong and no whining!) but EQ has been one of the first self-nurturing things I've done.

What the elves taught you... Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What the elves taught you...   What the elves taught you... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:34 am

Zadzi, I'm glad I'm not the only one, then! Some people talk like being an escapist is a bad way to deal with things, but looking back, I don't know what else I could have done. And I'm glad I had a way to cope. Like you say: it's very comforting.
I like the comparisson to wrapstuff.
It's great that the elves helped you to nurture yourself.

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What the elves taught you...   What the elves taught you... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:47 pm

To me, the whole Elfquest saga was another important lesson about responsibility. To each elf their role, in it, be it Winnowill with the way she demonstrated what 'evil' truly is, be it Cutter with his " the chief needs the tribe " motto, be it Scouter with his damn " if I have to lead, you'll follow my orders " attitude, be it with Leetah with her responsibility as a mother being tested by having to deal death to protect her children, and so on.. It takes the readers by the emotional angle, but the lesson is valid.

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: What the elves taught you...   What the elves taught you... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 6:24 pm

"lesson about responsibility", hmm, need to think about that.

Can I join the escapits? human wrapstuff... I think I've got a little palace in my head were I can experience with feelings safely before I try them in the real world. I keep going in and out of the palace, I want to go out but...

Sifra wrote:
Some people talk like being an escapist is a bad way to deal with things, but looking back, I don't know what else I could have done. And I'm glad I had a way to cope.

If it works, it works. I don't think there is "good" or "bad" way to cope with life. We all do what we can with what we have. Even the elves went into wrapstuff Smile Glad you found how to help yourself!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the elves taught you...   What the elves taught you... Empty

Back to top Go down

What the elves taught you...
Page 1 of 1