Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))

Go down 
+15
Miss Gillespie
Kaza999
Soreyes
Sadachbia
Zadzi
Vaeri
wingthing
sun girl
manga
Embala
Relena
Kindredsoul
Startear
Lunakat
Multi-Facets
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 9:05 am

:p my brain just takes reeeally weird turns in wandering.

and i didn't mean Kimo becoming a second Timmorn, i meant one of his kids becoming a second Timmorn. cause he is following Timmains footsteps, ala a wolf!elf breeding with  a pure wolf. Of course genetics always combine differently..

but then that's why i was surprised one genetic combination didn't result in a new Timmorn. with all the combinations it's a possibility at least...BUT then again Timmain was straight up elf and totally unrelated to Wolf and she was more magical. Kimo has some scripts for wolf in his genetic structure...so it might be be in his case more like breeding a Serval cat with a domestic to get a Savanna, while Timmain is like breeding a...ok i can't find any real life examples so we'll go with hers is like a human and horse breeding to create a centaur.

...on an vaguely related note OMG this article is cool! http://www.rantpets.com/2015/06/03/15-strangest-hybrid-animal-breeds-you-didnt-know-existed/
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Whoa, that's an awesome link!

Oooh, I see what you're saying, Vaeri. Hmm. I don't know, maybe there were some that died or something, who knows. Or maybe Timmorn was just an anomaly, a very special case, and that kind of thing where elf and wolf are so in conflict but born anyway is rare. In alternaverse Starjumper is also descended of Timmain and very long-lived apparently.... but still a wolf. Timmorn is the only case we know of which elf with wolf mixed in on such a raw level (like a human and horse creating a centaur as you say). Maybe Timmain was feeling very experimental at that time and needed to merge the blood of both directly to create something new and very unique (wolfriders) on the new planet, so perhaps it was deliberate. I don't know.

15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 12:51 pm

pretty sure Ember did say some of them died...but then a second Timmorn would be much more likely to live, especially with the elves current living style...not quite as rugged, now that they know how to survive in their environment. this now begs the question of what would be the purpose of a second Timmorn in Abode as it is now?...suddenly i think "rival for Angrif" for some reason XD epic showdown indeed...anyway!

i dunno about the merging blood though...that sounds more like healer work than shapeshifter. more like what Winnowill did for Two-edge...but then possibly there had to maybe be SOME healing ability, otherwise how could her blood and a wolf's mixed? i suppose i like the concept High Ones had access to ALL the magic possible, they were just more proficient in certain ones....like Timmain could float/heal/rockshape/plantshape/shapeshift/firestart, but she was just really really good at shapeshifting and it appealed to her nature/personality the most.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 1:48 pm

manga wrote:
On further thought about my comment, I want to be clear that it's Wendy's "omnisexual" idea I was snippy at, not Wingthing's handling of sexuality in the Alternaverse. Wendy could say they're all bisexual I guess but "omnisexual" just conjures ridiculous images for me, like Rayek leaning back in bed smoking a cigarette with a coffee table next to him.

Guess Wendy thinks her work is so "outside the box/ not fitting into categories" that she doesn't want to label the elves as bi? Rolling Eyes

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 2:22 pm

I think she wants to convey that they're up for relations with with beings with any kind of plumbing. It's just that when you spread the net that wide, things stop having meaning.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 11:50 am

....i kinda hate it when i'm reading through the older fics, and seeing things that make me question, and then i can't decide if i should ask or not....and then i forget the stuff i wanted to ask.*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:16 pm

okay got a crazy question just to give this thread some activity...and well, cause i'm reading Alternaverse Survivor...

what are individual elves favorite alcoholic drinks? name as many as you feel like Wingthing.^^ though i have a suspicion Swift's would be that...crazy blue concoction from the story with the messenger sphere.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:36 pm

Man, I'd love to see Littlefire's little distillery book lol. I think he inherited all his cool fermenting skills and stuff from his dad lol

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:43 pm

definitely no doubt! apparently in canon and in alternaverse, Aurek can brew a wicked wine.

...additional question to my previous one, would there be an elf who likes Mudslides? never tried one but man do i wanna...chocoholics dream!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 11:09 pm

Goldcinder likes lemondrops teehee.
And Leetah likes to have her senses addled but would never admit it. One time Scouter got her drunk on dream berry wine and it loosened her tongue and dropped her inhibitions, and it was like that one scene in Philadelphia Story, where Katherine Hepburn gets all drunk and she's hanging around with Jimmy Stewart and he tells her how she's marvelous and like a goddess and she kisses him, and then the next day she hardly has any recollection of it because ....jeez, she's a goddess, and Cary Grant has to remind her ass. Ha. But Scouter is no Cary Grant... though Arshel puts me in the mind of Jimmy Stewart in this context https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQC2guz8oGc

Sorry, feeling very silly tonight Razz

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 12:16 pm

Being a teetotaler myself, I feel woefully under qualified to play this game, but I have this vision of Skywise getting quite fond of those Lime Lanterns he had way back in "Culture Shock Part 2" -mostly because of how funny the name sounds when he starts feeling the booze - "Liiiiiiiiime LANtern!" -cue giggles and repeat as needed or until Savin takes the bottle away.
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:29 pm

I can picture Gypsy Moth on a cool evening sitting back with a Hot rum Toddy, on her boat.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 pm

well i did mean canonly from Wingthing's brain, but by all means let's turn this into a game and have fun with it!!

i remember from Survivor:Shards War Style, Moonshade is fond of margarittas. from Survivor: Alternaverse, Cheipar is a dark malt beer man.

pretty sure Skot is the "grab the bottle and chug from it type" XD doesn't matter what bottle.

hmm...someone in this universe has gotta be a Hard Mike's fan....who would like Hard Mikes?...hmm, maybe Dewshine would be a Hard Mike's gal. Strawberry Lemonade flavor.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 3:33 pm

lol@ Hard Mike's ...Yes, I can totally see Dewshine being into it with a Strawberry Lemonade flavor. It's so her.

What about Coppersky, or does he turn his nose up at that stuff?I know there was the scene with the honey wine with he and Tass and Sust, but I see this other version too. I see him being some kind of purist about liquor, I can see him being a Sake elf, needing his little perfect set of Sake cups and being all adamant about the ritual.

Weatherbird seems like she would need some kind of colorful paper umbrella in her drink. In fact, I think she'd be more into the garnishes and decorations Razz

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Coppersky would probably be like the hard cocktails type of stuff...i have trouble picturing him with a little cup of sake. maybe a Smirnoff type.

Weatherbird is so fancy mini umbrellas and cute little sword toothpicks. she'd probably get into a mini sword toothpick fight with like Savin or something XD hmm..maybe a Mai Tai. that's got tons of garnishments.

oh hey! i bet Strongbow would be the rum and coke type of guy. i could picture him with that.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Vaeri wrote:
she'd probably get into a mini sword toothpick fight with like Savin or something XD hmm..

rofl Sorry, that visual for that was just Like

Strongbow's always seemed like he'd just sort of be crying into his drink, whatever it is Razz I dunno about rum, he seems like... a beer kinda guy to me anyway (probably because he's all hung up on the way and all that, and yet I can't even see him all that into dream berry wine. Is that weird?).
I could see him with a case of PBR stashed away under the furs that he gets out and keeps drinking lol

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 7:16 pm

what's PBR...? o.O also glad you really liked that visual, cause come on, it's so true. XD so Weatherbird.

hmm..speaking of wine, obviously Littlefire is totally and completely a wine guy. i can picture him sipping wine and critiquing them...what would be his favorite type though? white or red?

Kit probably enjoys wine once in a while, but she's definitely gotta be more of the beer type...like ale! is ale beer?....i hate beer so i dunno...but i could picture her enjoy ales. or maybe even meads.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 9:29 pm

PBR - Pabst Blue Ribbon. The most generic nothing beer. In some dive bars you walk in and written on the chalkboard under tonight's special : PBR w/ shot of whiskey - $4 (not that I know anything about that Rolling Eyes ). But then hipster bars starting doing it and c'mon, I can totally see Strongbow in a hipster bar, sitting there in skinny jeans all emo like, stroking his goatee as he contemplates the lack of good country music selection on the jukebox, meeting glances of other hipsters and wondering if they're 'challenging' Razz

I think Littlefire is more on the red side. I actually totally think he brews little digestif and aperitif liquors maybe from the essence of flowers and spices and seeds....all herbalist like. Think Campari, Anisette, Fernet Branca, even Arak, etc. Anything too sweet would probably freak him out. I just kind of deduce that since he's such a nervous, high-strung type, he would totally have stomach issues and those types of liquors help with that. Plus they're complex and brilliant and I think it would be right up his little alley. (They're my favorite drinks too!). Of course he'd sit there and be a complete connoisseur. If someone mixed two types of liquor, he'd hit the roof and preach them a sermon about how wrong that is lol

Yes, I could totally see Kit as a beer type! Yes, ale is beer and I hate beer too. Never got into it ugh bleeccchh! The most carbonation I like in my alcohol is like sparkling white wine, something clean and crisp and not sweet. Kit I can totally see hanging with a black & tan (stout beer with pale ale or lager).

Man, I need to go back to my work because I'm having waaaaaaay too much fun with this, Vaeri! Laughing It's reminding me of my old bar tending days Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 10:07 pm

i'm such a bad influence. XD i'll go back to my zombie make up research until someone else says their thoughts on the elves favorite drinks.*shambles off*
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 12:21 am

Well, I don't know much about booze so I can't really suggest any hypothetical favourite cocktails. All I can contribute is the types of alcohol that Alternaverse elves actually have to choose from. As per canon, there is Trollish dreamberry wine, Glider some-other-kind-of-wine, and Sun Folk squatneedle cider. I'm sure Aurek is carrying on the proud tradition of Glider wines. The Islanders of course have rum and a variety of fruit juices and cordials to mix it with. Whether any of the Plainsrunner tribes have developed beer or grain alcohol I'm not sure, have to check with Wingthing.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 12:41 am

me thinks a tribe or two needs a "guzzle-nuzzle party"! hehehe Laughing Pike
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 12:53 am

Plainsrunners are straight up moonshine lol.
I expect them to ferment like, bark and ice.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Well, there's always fermented mare's milk, but I'm afraid the Dothraki have ruined that for me (well, no, YOGURT ruined that for me. And sour cream. And basically any milk product that isn't ice cream, butter or cheese.)

Where was I? Oh yeah...

Hell, Plainsrunners trade so much with humans, they probably just buy whatever hooch is on sale in the nearest tavern!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 11:21 am

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that Dothraki concoction. I guess it was supposed to be like a similar thing to the Mongolian fermented yak's milk.... ha.
There's also a fermented yogurt milk type drink in Egypt. Really, really old school thing, I don't actually think anyone drinks it lol. Just some guy with this decorated goat skin kinda thing goes around in the street selling it. I think only the foreigners dare to try it lol

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Gypsy Moth ^^

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next