Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby

Go down 
+6
manga
Stormcatcher
G0lden
Embala
jaRf
Nibblet
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby Empty
PostSubject: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 2:18 pm

A week ago, we lost our perfect little cat, Poppy. She slipped away suddenly without any previous sign that she was going to leave us. She was 19 years old and so much more than just a cat to me. I am utterly heartbroken. I love her so much and I miss her more than I could ever describe. We will all miss her terribly, especially her "sister", Ember, who is celebrating her first birthday without sharing her cake this year.

Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby Img_2012

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 pm

I can feel the pain. I lost two cats in my life, both of well age, but still a loss.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Farewell, sweet Poppy. Sad I feel with you, Nibblet. *tight hug*

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Sorry to hear about Poppy Nibs.

Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 2:29 pm

So sorry for your loss, Nibs.

Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby RS3679

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 11:45 am

Thank you everyone.

She's home with her sister now

Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby Receiv10

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 2:59 pm

cathat *hugs and scratches* Hug

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyMon May 20, 2019 4:02 pm

So sorry for your loss, Nibblet. I know she'll be waiting to greet you again one day.
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 11:06 am

Today Ember joined her sister, I am utterly broken. Both of my babies are gone and within such a short time.
I'm sorry Ember, I wish there was more I could have done for you, at the end you didn't even recognize us as your family. I will never forget the joy you brought us in your short life, I love you so very much. I tried everything in my power to fix you but there was just nothing left to try. I am so so sorry it had to be this way. Please forgive me

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 11:10 am

Oh Nooooo Sad *hugs and holds and cries*
So sorry for you and Ember and that you had to go through this. You darling ember was still so young ... much too young for a cat to pass away.
I'm feeling with you. Nibblet. Hug

Poor little Ember. Crying or Very sad Poor dear Nibblet Sad

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 11:25 am

I'm so sorry Nibblet. I often wish our animal family members could live longer...human life spans have increased, so why can't we increase theirs....??

But there can be no question you did everything you could to make her happy. My deepest condolences...i know the pain fades, but it never goes away...like a scar on your heart. Rest in peace dear Ember.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Oh, no, Nibblet. I'm so sorry! I'm sure Ember would say there is nothing to forgive and that she loves you. {{{Hugs!}}}
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 10:31 pm

So sorry to hear your furbabies are gone Nibs

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 8:00 pm

I know I said it elsewhere, but I can never say it enough. I'm so sorry for your heartbreak Sad Sad Sad  And I know it was even harder on you when you were still grieving over Poppy.
Love you so much!
*sends hugs across the Atlantic everyday*

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 6:32 pm

thank you all. It's been a horrible year

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 pm

*hugs and holds*

I wish you a much better year to come, Nibblet.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Looking at this still makes me so sad. Sad *holds and cuddles my Ginchan* cat

I hope you will have another soft-pawed, purring fur companion when time is right, Nibblet - and that you will spend a long and happy time together.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 5:00 pm

manga wrote:
Oh, no, Nibblet.  I'm so sorry! I'm sure Ember would say there is nothing to forgive and that she loves you. {{{Hugs!}}}

I am so sorry you lost your furbabies. I firmly agree with manga. I don't own pets myself, but I believe that an animal ceases to be a pet when it's no longer capable of enjoying life. You made an unselfish, loving decision.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 3:15 pm

I believe, our fur children are like people. When one goes, the other may follow, if they're around the same age especially.

We had three cats. Athena and Freya were sisters, Toulouse we got a year later. Toulouse lived to be 17. He was our lover - he loved everyone, would snuggle with everyone, clean everyone. Everyone loved Toulouse, and Toulouse loved everyone. Shortly after, Athena (my cat, she was my shadow) ceased eating - and she literally went from 30lbs to 15lbs very quickly. The day came when we said we should let her go, and she passed away that night before. Her sister, Freya we had to put down just before Athena passed. They were 18.

It is gut wrenching to lose something that's been in your life for so long.

And it's murder to the soul, to be in the room, as they put them down - because you hear that last breath come out in the form of a meow (we did for Freya).

We gave them all the best lives we could - and judging by the pain in your words - you've done the same. We should all be so lucky to be so loved and cherished. There is nothing to forgive for the wonderful life you've given them.

I fear Odin's time is not far away. I will never be the same when I lose him.

I made this for several people who lost their pets... it's a photo of Odin at a stream. It is meant to comfort and ease the burden of loss ... but I know when his time comes, it's just going to hurt for a very long time.

Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby 39494610

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Odin is wunderful ... *hugs* and this peaceful scene and loving words can be a comfort.

I want to believe in the Rainbow Bridge - no matter what my reasonable mind tells.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby   Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet dreams, my perfect furbaby
Page 1 of 1