Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud

Go down 
+40
Sorandril [BANNED]
Yeee
Thorn
Shadowpath
Prayer
BlueCoyote
Beryl
Cleopatra
Multi-Facets
IceTooth
Trollbabe
Wiseshaman
Evil Evie
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
manga
Nibblet
Vaeri
Stormcatcher
Sifra
Zadzi
Outlier
Bluetree
PCoquelin
Embala
Leanan
faeriegirl
Miss Gillespie
wolfmoonsky
Elwing
Blackbird
TrollHammer
Tenderfoot
Tam
ErinC1978
Startear
G0lden
Kindredsoul
Rainflower
Kojiyumi
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Thorn

Thorn

Aquarius Rat

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 7:20 pm

I turn 59 tomorrow. And the realization that I probably have less than 25 years left on this earth scares the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Hug I've turned 60 a month ago, Thorn.
I'm in acceptable good health and overall condition. I've already managed to live 60 years on this earth and have the chance to live 20 (more or less) good years and then some. Or more. Or less.
I refuse to fear what will come - or come not - just because a number turned. This turning simply means that I'm still alive. I'll do my best to enjoy the time I'll get instead of being scared about what I might miss.
I wish you lots of good times, Thorn. cathat

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 pm

Turned sixty last year. Stopped being afraid of just about everything. Sixties are the bad@$$ years.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 2:13 am

58 here. Some days I still feel like I am in my 30's, but other days not so much. I'm in good health despite having heart disease since birth, so what the heck. I hope to get into my 90's. My late Great Grandmother 96 (Grandpa's mother), Grandmother 96 (maternal), and my mom is 73 and in good health. So.... so far so good.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Hey Thorn, in 25 years you may gain the feeling, that it is then ok to die . Many old people feels like that. Considering this, you do not need to fear being 25 years older after your birthday today and then seeing forward to a maybe soon death.
And hey, no one can say, how old you will become. Maybe you will be 101 years. I wish you a fine next 42 years with good health!

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Courts12Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Rayhan26Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Rayhan27Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Thorn

Thorn

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Thanks everyone! I try not to let it scare me. Both my parents passed peacefully, so that's what I hope for.
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 12:20 pm

I'm one of the (few) thousands of Germans watching the Super Bowl every year and while I surely don't get all the fineries of the game I do enjoy it. What I don't get is the need to make it a show of nationalism - patriotism seems fine to me but somehow that has changed during the past few years. At least it looks like that to people from other nations.

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 12:29 am

I'm born and raised in the USA and I've never watched the Super Bowl before!

I believe I was born missing the gene that makes one interested in sports because if they all disappeared tomorrow not only would I not care, in fact I'd probably celebrate! Drinking
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 12:15 am

For my Football is a sport for 22 men to beat the snot out of each other.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:38 am

For me football is 22 - well, 20 - men trying to get the ball into the goal at the opposite end from theirs, while acting as if they've been attempted murdered if someone touches them.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 1:03 pm

@Red, that's association football (soccer), especially displayed by southern European teams...

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 1:06 pm

And that's football to me. The other being American football.

Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:42 pm

Football is foot-ball... the other game rather is hand-egg ^^

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 3:55 am

Exactly!

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 3:46 pm

I agree that t's not "foot ball" in the literal sense. My husband watches the game and I watch the commercials.

As an expat American kid, I never developed the hometown loyalty that's so essential to American sports.

It's touching that our oldest veterans were recognized at the Superbowl this year.

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 9:36 pm

Those words you're saying don't mean what you think they mean.

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 10:53 pm

Sweet High ones, PA-LEEZE expand your vocabulary to more than "in every shape , form, or fashion" in every other sentence....

You are a leader. Try to at least sound like one since you're unable to give any form of direction when you speak.

:faceplant:

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Santa_10Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Downlo23Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Av_cut10Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 am

I've seen a lot of FB posts recently about how we can save the world by staying at home, and comparing to earlier generations - who had to go to war - it should be easy.
However, that's the thing; it doesn't feel like enough! While I don't want to actually be in a war, I still wish there was something I could actually do.
Though, I suppose it's mostly because I'm so introverted that staying at home isn't really much of a change to my every day life.

Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 3:04 pm

Well - it may not be a practical kind of help but writing kind letters of encouragement to elderly people quarantined in retirement homes with their relatives banned from visiting them might at least lighten up their dreary days. Just an idea...

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:33 am

I like your ideas, Storm. This one. And others.

I still dislike me.
For things I do. For things I don't do even more.
Things that are considered to be easy and self-evident and appropriate.

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 6:05 pm

"Licking the black mould off your windowframe is clearly having an adverse effect on you."

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 9:53 pm

I like you as a person, but buddy you are a 40 year old grown ass man. It isn't my fault you are single and lonely because you are terrible are maintaining romantic relationships. From what I've heard, you've had so many opportunities to settle down but you've managed to screw them all up one way or the other. So for the love of God, stop bugging us so much. We are not a replacement for that emptiness you are feeling. I've been there and you're not going to fix it by being a third wheel.

I regret to inform you that you are going to have to change your ways if you want more out of life. And guess what, relationships take work. And sometimes despite doing everything right, they can still end prematurely.

Welcome to being an adult.

There's nothing wrong with being single. Find something meaningful in your life and pursue it with a passion. Or get your shit together and find a lady to share your life with because I have an inkling that is what you really want.

I have a friend who is a lot like you. He is a very talented musician and has so many stories about all of the women he slept with when he was touring with his band. For many years he was living a life most people would be envious of. But then something strange happened.

He got old.

Not all that old, but too old for the young girls who hang out at concerts. Like you, he had many opportunities to settle down but he managed to screw all of them up. That wild lifestyle eventually caught up to him when he hit his forties and like you he also had very little experience at building and maintaining long term relationships with women.

This friend I speak of is now in his 60s. He's still single and still alone. I love him like a brother but he never changed his ways and now drugs and alcohol have claimed most of his soul. I tried...and tried again to help him (as have many others) but no to avail. All I can do is be a friend when he reaches out but I know that one day I will get that call that I pray will not be for a long time.

You're still quite young. Stop mooching off other people's happiness and get your fucking act together. Because if I have to set a boundary with you, it might just involve a crash course in flying off our doorstep.
Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 2:44 am

For the love of whatever God you pray or don't pray to..will you people stop talking about the president on Facebook? I get it...you don't like him. Neither do I. But I keep that to myself and focus on more positive things in life. Have any of you ever stopped and noticed that despite your apparent hatred for the man that you can't seem to stop talking about him? I'm no Psychologist but something about this behavior doesn't seem particularly healthy to me.  Suspect

And thinking that you hate the president more than other people doesn't make you a good person. It kind of makes you an asshole. And just because you see everyone else doing it doesn't mean that you should play monkey see, monkey do aong with the rest of them.

Although I usually just ignore whatever made up BS holiday people are talking about on Facebook, I am considering petitioning for a new one called Don't Talk About The President Day. STFU About The President Day would work too.

You people are forgetting what Facebook is really for. Facebook is for the following:

1. Bragging endlessly about your children. Especially the stupid ones.

2. Posting 5,000 pictures a day of your dog. Especially the ugly bug eyed ones.

3. Making people feeling guilty for not contributing to your stupid charity of choice on your birthday.

4. Sharing way too much information about your personal life that most people wish you'd keep to yourself.

5. Declaring your undying love for your "soulmate" that you probably don't get along that well with.

And most importantly of all, Facebook is for posting pictures of your balding, chubby past your prime self and having your friends and family tell you how beautiful/handsome/sexy you still look even though they are all lying through their teeth. Or if they are being honest, they are probably looking for a hookup.

Let us please get back to the above said activities forthwith. Thank you.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am

LOL, IceTooth! And I thought social media was for advertisers to hoard personal information they can use to part people with their money.

(BTW I didn't vote for our President or our governor. But the seas are too high for lifeboats, the ship is taking on water, the captain says we should put on life jackets, and the first mate says we should man the pumps. Not the time to argue about who should be in command.)

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:37 pm

I thought it was for stalking all the sports teams you're a fan of. Including those who write in languages your don't understand, causing some confusion when names get faultily - and unnecessarily - translated.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: