Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blast from the past!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Blast from the past! Empty
PostBlast from the past!

I have been dragging my feet on this one, not wanting to be disappointed... bug I finally caved in and tried the Wayback Machine on Elfquest.com...

Its an amazing resource that I only learned about this last year.  Want to see the old forums from before the hack (whenever that was, please fill me in!)? Or catch up on all of Tymber's threads? Old Grab Bags long gone?

Well, you can to a degree.  The internet has a time machine.

Its spotty, and you have to think about the pages as snapshots with links only working for unchanging objects, but you can see and paruse the old scrolls (and anything else) on EQ.com at almost any point since it started. Keep in mind that the pages were cached back when the pages were "fresh", and storage tech was of that era, so not everything was saved. Several links are missing, graphics, and so on, with little predictability as to what works and what doesnt. Just have to try it.

(After posting I went back to 1997 and read up on RP's history of the movie at that point. There were no images that I have seen so far, but the full story was there. I then went to 2004 to see the beginning of the old forums. Many threads didnt show up at that point when clicked, but 2005 was better.)

You could go to www.archive.org and punch in the Elfquest.com address into the Wayback Machine, or follow this link: https://web.archive.org/web/20080725002105/http://elfquest.com/

Blast from the past! :: Comments

TrollHammer
Re: Blast from the past!
Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:20 am by TrollHammer
Also to note: if a page isnt cached already, you can initiate a cache of this web site or of EQ.com at any time. That site will do automatic caches now and then, but wont always get "the good stuff" unless the site is highly visited or someone requests a save.

Of course, as archive.org is run on donations, there is no garantee itll be around forever, but its better than nothing.
Embala
Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:19 am by Embala (Online)
It's timetravelling... Shocked

... with time holes Wink
Arfurido
Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:55 pm by Arfurido
Oh wow, it certainly is a blast from the past seeing the old boards again! Makes me all nostalgic ^_^
IceTooth
Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:06 pm by IceTooth
Just spent a few minutes going down memory lane...I had forgotten what the old forums even looked like. Only about half of the posts I clicked on displayed anything, but wow we were some busy bees back then. That was a lot of fun. Smile
Embala
Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:45 pm by Embala (Online)
Sometimes I wish me back at this time ... that I'd have found the Scroll earlier.
That I'm still there at the best of times.
That I'd be able to stop times when it was best for me. With all the many facets - artists, story tellers, discussions and fun.
When we all were young and inspired and EQ and the forums were just wonderful.

I'm on Father Tree Holt now. I'm lucky to be with friends. I'm happy at my new home.

*still soooo nostalgic*

Last edited by Embala on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kindredsoul
Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:56 pm by Kindredsoul
Change can be good. Change can be bad.

The change in the Scrolls became both.

Many preferred the other online options, many did not.  

Sadly it separated the whole.

But this place will always be here for anyone, as long as the internet High Ones permit Wink
Embala
Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:37 pm by Embala (Online)
I'm at home here. Hug Since long.
Post  by Sponsored content

Blast from the past!

Page 1 of 1