Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Hidden Folk

Go down 
+14
Leanan
Rainflower
faeriegirl
Kindredsoul
Fairyring
Trollbabe
Lunakat
Kojiyumi
G0lden
wolfmoonsky
Beryl
Stormcatcher
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2015 5:47 am

These are all so wonderful! Dewshine

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:58 am

Thank you, Leanan! Very Happy

Little Sunspot wants some love of her own as well.

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Sunspo10

This little cutie was all about colors and shape. I had colorful silk petals which screamed to become mertail scales. And a little brown skinned doll with an abundance of hair. The two together made an adorable merbaby. You may guess that my Hidden Folk has Wavedancers!

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 11:48 am

OMG!! I've missed this! *starts beating my hectic schedule calendar with a hammer* ><

I swear Embala... just when I think your last project with dolls couldn't be best'ed... you whip up another new creation that blows my mind! Laughing  

Not gonna lie, I was squealing like a little girl again when I saw the babies Wink But seriously! Your talent for every tiny detail is astounding!! One seriously needs ALOT of patience for a craft like this, and you are a master! ^__^ How you work the petals for something different, yet they still flow into one another as if they actually grew onto the dolls themselves... Just gorgeous! I love you I love you I love you

*giggles* and a bonus story! Lovveeee it! ^__^ So heartwarming and sweet and gives even more life to your creations

I agree with faerigirl about possibly putting these up for sale, but yes, the amount of time you obviously put into your work would be difficult to get a fair price. Buuuttttt I still think your BEAUTIFUL jewelry that you make would be a hit! I'm already dying to buy all of your necklaces! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Can't wait to see what you might come up with next! I love you I love you I love you

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 6:42 pm

Thank you so much, Kin. I love you Your comments on my flower dollz are always so delighted, so dear and loving. You gave them life back ... because you made me think of them again and welcomed their secret existence. *giggles happily that you call my writings stories*

Thank you for all the help and encouragement during the last years. *hugs*

I love playing with pictures, recombine them and show familiar things in a new context. Maybe you and PC have encouraged me to play more. Just play because it's possible.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 12:28 am

I certaintly hope it has, because I would love to see more of those creative creations.

I checked out the site by the way. Really great work with flowers as well.

You know, the way you have managed to fasten the Physalis as his pants and his sleeves... Howd'u do that? I mean, those things break by minor things. And it was even better as a hat I got to say. Or, is it real Physalis? Anyway, an awesome creation, and I agree with Kindredsoul: babies are adoreble. The dark skinned baby really is a winner With the scale appearance really Works, and making it's head fitting gives it more mer-appearance.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 6:07 am

There's enough to feed interest and curiosity for some more weeks. Wink

It flatters my choice of silk flowers that you even consider they could be real living ones, Rainflower! Dried physalis would be impossible to work with indeed. With silken ones the main challenge was to fix the blossomes "in shape" and grant the doll some movability.
Thank you for the feedback on little Sunspot's headscales. I remember that I was very hesitant what to do ... and decided to go for the more interesing design with scales.

I've promised more sunny ... so here is a rare encounter. Floodguard the Watershaper, a mysterious, almost mythological figure among his kin visits his great...greatgranddaughter Mosswell. The delicate mystic lives all alone in a magical pond hidden deep in the woods.

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Gv_moo10

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:20 pm

I think I would like to be Helianthe. Being able to wear bright colors, she must not be in a situation in which she has to hide like a Wolfrider. Adopting a Wavedancer baby is a special-needs challenge, as it means the parents must always live near water.

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 2:04 am

OMG I just found my favorite among your Hidden Folks, Embala; Mosswell! She's amasing, with her scale tail and the seaweed to decorate herself with, oh I love it so much. Razz cheers Like The scales are something of same like the one on the merbaby, right? Looks like it. I love it.

And Yeah, the scales on the head for the baby really captured the mer-look.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:08 pm

Tymber wrote:
This is amazing... the making of the mermaid one is... mind blowing.

And that Barkmoss... that is... beyond incredible. You have an amazing talent.
OMG ... Tymber! How could I miss miss your praise! Thank you so much for visiting and your amazing comment. sunny

faeriegirl wrote:
That is.... WOW!!! Mindblowingly awesome again!
You too, fae! flower Thank you for so much love for my Hidden Folk.

Trollbabe wrote:
I think I would like to be Helianthe.  Being able to wear bright colors, she must not be in a situation in which she has to hide like a Wolfrider.  Adopting a Wavedancer baby is a special-needs challenge, as it means the parents must always live near water.
You have just added more life to Heliante. I love you This is a wonderful gift, Trollbabe.

Rainflower wrote:
OMG I just found my favorite among your Hidden Folks, Embala; Mosswell! She's amasing, with her scale tail and the seaweed to decorate herself with, oh I love it so much.
You're fallen in love with a special one, Rainflower! Mosswell is really unique ... with a very delicate build, a specially shaped tailfin and the only one who has just seaweed covering her. The doll is very old (probably early Sixties) and has a less "eyecatching" chest.
The petals I've used for the tail are hydrangea - those are the best option for mermaid scales. There were some years when I could buy prime quality silken hydragea in all colors. For the merbaby I've used other (smaller) petals.

Here's a closer view on Mosswell.

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Mosswe10

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySun May 31, 2015 7:24 am

Hydragena, of course! I love her, that's all I can say.

I can see the doll is an old model, but that gives her a kind of innocent look, the kind of nature I imagine a young mermaid would be like, living alone with her greatgrandfather fat into a magical place. I imagine she's a bit innocent of nature, just tell if I'm wrong. But I think she looks so sweet. Floodguard looks like he would do anything to protect his innocent relative.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 6:58 pm

This graceful innoscence was the reason why I've chosen this doll for the lonesome mystic and the leaf-veil top, Rainflower.
Innocent of nature - yes. Mosswell has hardly contact with other elves and hardly ever left her magical grove. Wise - yes. She was trained to be the guard of the magical pond and its secret powers from childhood. Young - I don't know. There's not much known about her. She might be one of the younger generation ... or centuries old. It's left to the imagination of the viewer.
For Floodguard, one of the ancient elementals, she is a beloved youngling he will protect with all his love and powers.

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Floodg10

Floodgueard wasn't planned as an Elf from the beginning. I wondered whether I would be able to do a Water Elemental with my flower petals technique. The blue dahlia petals are supposed to flow down his back and side like a waterfall. And he got the ice staff with the water sphere to enhance the impression.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Wow, Embala! All of these dolls are amazing! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Barbie goes Fairytale! So much detail and hard work!!!

You are a great artist and should go into mass-toy-production. Or those companies should produce what you show them. Cool

I would have loved to have had such amazing dolls as a child because they are far more beautiful and ,,magical" than the original Barbies I had. But even for adults, who still like dolls for example, they are great. It is fascinating to see the process of your work and the filigree elements you use.

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Embala wrote:
This graceful innoscence was the reason why I've chosen this doll for the lonesome mystic and the leaf-veil top, Rainflower.
Innocent of nature - yes. Mosswell has hardly contact with other elves and hardly ever left her magical grove. Wise - yes. She was trained to be the guard of the magical pond and its secret powers from childhood. Young - I don't know. There's not much known about her. She might be one of the younger generation ... or a centuries old. It's left to the imagination of the viewer.
For floodguard, one of the ancient elementals, she is a beloved youngling he'll will protect with all his love and powers.
I can imagine, if I may just think freely, that someone who looks so innocent and happy would hardly imagine ever leaving the magical pond, being happy to be where she is. Reminds me of the way Disney princesses were in the beginning.

Embala wrote:
Floodgueard wasn't planned as an Elf from the beginning. I wondered whether I would be able to do a Water Elemental with my flower petals technique. The blue dahlia petals are supposed to flow down his back and side like a waterfall. And he got the ice staff with the water sphere to einhance the impression.
Dahlia petals? I never imagined that for sea weed. But the wolor were excelent for him. He's also quite interesting as a character. I like the ice addition for a black haired character.

Excelent job with both Like
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:14 am

Thank you Fairyring, for all the love for my Hidden Folk and the crafts work put into it. sunny When something is fun I don't feel the work. Chosing the right materials, solving practical problems in the process of bringing an idea to life - that's fun.
That's the reason why I vote for the second option - let the company produce my ideas. ^^ Mass production would be WORK.

If I'd were a storyteller I might come up with more than a character bio and vague background story, Rainflower. It's an additional pleasure to learn about the ideas and impressions the viewer comes up with.
I'd say it was a strange "dahlia" but the color was indeed irresistible to be used as water. Wink Thank you for the praise.

That's the last scene from my small "exhibition" at my bank house. (Practically I've filled a showcase nicely for Fasching - a kind of carneval.)
Handsome Hibiscus visits his love interest, shy beauty Magnolia. Her little sister Teablossom has "arranged" this meeting at Lil Water Rose's pond ... she so hopes for a real family!

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Gv_hib10

I cannot find the bigger version of this shot so there will be no close ups. Sad Fortunately it shows nicely the way it is.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 12:28 pm

SO beautiful once again!!! Lovely!!

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Aw, what a lovely couple. You did a great job here, and let me tell you why: The masculine strong colors on Hibiscus colors of magenta and strong green with the contrast of the white pinkish Magnolia petals and the pale green leaves. Quite a good idea, compared with the way chinese men and women are pictured; very masculine and very femenine. Magnolia's face seems a bit long, and somehow shat gives her the perfect look for the Magnolia flower. Little Teablossom looks quite sweet as well in her leaves. Great job with this little "Family to be"
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Glad you enjoy what you see, fae flower *dancin*

That's great feedback, Rainflower! I was so unsecure about Hibiscus' strong colors and the big flower. It seemed so female from an European point of view - yet it was what I WANTED to use for HIM. You've showed me once more that I should turst my creative instincts more. sunny It's a pity I didn't take a shot of Magnolia from above. the magnolia heart is still there in the middle (almost) of the "skirt" flower. Thank you for your interest. *bows*
Little Teablossom is happy ... her plan worked ... ^^

This doll was a gift for a child ... and as expected she does not live anymore.

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Laguna11

Lets think of Laguna as a spirit of the Palace now ^^ ... whirling in ethereal spheres. Not sure whether she was the first of the Flower Folk ... or only the first of the mermaids.

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Laguna10

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:35 pm

That is SO much more beautiful than the mermaid Barbie they have on the shelves at the stores!

WOW Em! You out do yourself everytime! cheers

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Amazing!!!

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Wow, that too was a pretty mermaid, or mer-spirit. I like that hse has a net like shawl, that streangthens the marine-look. And the deep blue agaist the silver, and along with the platina blond hair; love it!  Very Happy She doesn't beat Mosswell in my eyes, but she's still stunning.

I actually think I had a Barbie doll like that as a child, or maybe just like that, she reminds of one of my favorites. Although, I recall many of them had very blue eyes a period, and that fits this one perfect.

Feeling sorry for the poor child, though Crying or Very sad Gentle thoughts for her

Last edited by Rainflower on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Awww... *hugs Rainflower* Have you misunderstood my comment? The doll didn't make it ^^ - she was worn out from being played with! The girl is fine sunny and a young woman now. Your thoughts will send her loving warmth and luck. Keep your gentleness and caring ways, Rainflower. *HUG*

I must be more careful with my wording - "roleplaying mode" can be puzzling.

Thanks for the great feedback on Laguna, Rainflower. Your joyful praise makes me happy, Kin ... and proud. It feels so good that my dolls are liked and can bring pleasant moments.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 3:10 am

Hehehe... well, I happen to easily missunderstand once in a while. I'm glad the girl, whoever she is, is alright. And Your creations deserve all the good comments they can have. You really are creative dear Wink
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 5:11 pm

You are all so nice! *group hug and dance*
I agree, Kin Wink Well ... my mermaids are not really for little girls - as proved. XD

Korallia is Laguna's best friend - and she shared her fate.

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Korall11

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Korall10

I've used a second-hand Barbie with tousled discolored hair - and made best use of it. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 6:15 pm

This one is Tide, daughter of Queen Iris of the FlowerFolk.

hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Tide_s10

Actually her name is Hydrangea (Hortensie in German) and she has legs and a nice blossom dress. It's a riddle why she can change her shape and wear a fishtail. The Merblossoms are not known to the FlowerFolk at this point. Or... were they forgotten? Hortensie hides her variant shape from everyone but since little Stickleback was born with a fishtail she considers to talk to her half-sister Lotus.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 3:55 am

She's amazingly beautiful!

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   hidden folk - My Hidden Folk - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Hidden Folk
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next