Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Outlier

Outlier

The Final Quest - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:53 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
Oh my god, they went further back in time than even they knew, the world of two moons is the high ones original home!

That's a theory that's definitely been bandied about. At this point, I'm having trouble coming up with something that hasn't already been brought up. I'm really interested to see if there will be something that wasn't considered.

I think it will be something related to the true nature of the first-comers, and something that has been hidden from our heroes from the start. So, I think we will find out that the tree elves have 1) been around forever and 2) been aware of, and maybe watching, the wolfriders and other groups from the start. And they probably know some information that our elves won't want to hear.

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Maybe the tree elves are a different group of High Ones? Ones who were led away long ago by God because the rest had gone sinful and decadent?

Or none of this has really happened, it's all a fever dream and Cutter is still in Nona's hut?
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:52 pm

manga wrote:
Or none of this has really happened, it's all a fever dream and Cutter is still in Nona's hut?

NOOOOOOOOO! !!! affraid

Or...they all are just in wrapstuff hurtling through space, their thoughts guided by the unfeeling palace. It will end with them landing on Abode, the whole story just a dream in the mind of Timmain.

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 11:02 pm

If it's all a dream, I may flip.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:05 am

manga wrote:

YES!! YES!! YES!!

*falls over laughing* you wicked, wicked woman!  Razz

That's just perfect....

*hears "Dallas" theme music playing* Please tell me I'm not the only one who's old enough to remember the "Pam's dream" season

That, and I wanna video Multi-Facets flip and post it on Youtube Pike Rolling  Pike Rolling  Pike Rolling

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:50 am

manga wrote:

Haha, this reminds me of an old fanfic - Blood of Ten Chefs. Anyone remember that?
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:53 am

Kindredsoul wrote:
manga wrote:

YES!! YES!! YES!!

*falls over laughing* you wicked, wicked woman!  Razz

That's just perfect....

*hears "Dallas" theme music playing* Please tell me I'm not the only one who's old enough to remember the "Pam's dream" season

That, and I wanna video Multi-Facets flip and post it on Youtube Pike Rolling  Pike Rolling  Pike Rolling

Oh yes, when they nixed a whole season of Dallas just to bring Bobby back! That was hilarious.
If the whole of EQ turns out to be a dream, I think I'll die laughing!
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:03 am

manga wrote:

The ultimate plot twist!
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:47 am

You gotta admit he recovered awfully fast. I don't know of any medicines that work on an infection like those whistling leaves did.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:24 pm

And that would explain, for Manga, how and why Cutter is the center of the Elfquest universe, while Rayek gets kicked to the side. Alas. it's gonna be really devastating for him when he wakes up.

kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Outlier wrote:
kathleen3.0 wrote:
Oh my god, they went further back in time than even they knew, the world of two moons is the high ones original home!

That's a theory that's definitely been bandied about. At this point, I'm having trouble coming up with something that hasn't already been brought up. I'm really interested to see if there will be something that wasn't considered.

It was extremely tongue in cheek, I assure you.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:

XD It wouldn't be worth filming. I'd probably just throw the comic across the room and storm off cursing.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:49 am

It probably just means the dichotomy between "the way" and belonging to the stars. There is so much talk about how the palace is going to destroy the way of life of the wolfriders:
Quite a lot of pages are devoted for the sulking, former keeper of the way Moonshade, Ember picked up the "the palace is a threat"-line, Angrif is going to wage war on the Wavedancers and thereby, probably, triggering their willingness to leave the planet...

BTW, wasn't there a rule to be broken with each issue?

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:29 am

Guys, guys!

I think I have it! The secret long hidden in plain sight that will devastate and re-define elf-hood!

The wolves have elf blood!  Will they hear the Palace call too?  And what will the Palace's influence - which has already "uplifted" the trolls and preservers and is shape-changing the elves who live within it - do to them?
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:37 am

ooohhhh....good possibility manga!! this is indeed true, the wolves DO carry a drop of elf blood in them. so would they have to go as well?
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:05 am

You know, this might even explain Star Child... first she was a blanket, representing something familiar and comfortable. Then she was an elf whose demeanor suggested great age and wisdom but also innocence.  And the cover image shows shape-change sparkles around her.  She has just been changed from wolf to elf!  Maybe she's like Timmain in that she's been a wolf all along (and maybe even one of their wolfpack!) and the Wolfriders, who appear to have gold-fish like inability to retain information, just never noticed.  But she's been dreaming of elfhood and the stars since she was a cub.  Of course she and Skywise, the Wolfrider who dreamed of the stars and immortality, would be delighted to discover each other.  They'd be kindred spirits in so many ways!
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:28 am

That...is freaking brilliant, Manga. If that's not what happens, it should be!
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:46 am

Richard wrote a "BOTC" story about a wolf who had enough elf in him to WANT to be an elf but couldn't manage it.

And Wendy has said that she regrets having Nightrunner "speak" to Cutter in the first book, when he warns him about the humans.

She has changed it in the new versions. It used to have Nightrunner send "Humans! They bring fire!" but now it's just "Humans! Fire! FIRE!"

Because it gives the game away, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:06 am

manga wrote:
Richard wrote a "BOTC" story about a wolf who had enough elf in him to WANT to be an elf but couldn't manage it.

And Wendy has said that she regrets having Nightrunner "speak" to Cutter in the first book, when he warns him about the humans.

She has changed it in the new versions.  It used to have Nightrunner send "Humans!  They bring fire!" but now it's just "Humans!  Fire!  FIRE!"

Because it gives the game away, perhaps?

Yeah, either that, or if the wolves could send words, why not more often?

But your theory is very good actually! Been twisting my head over Skywises dream so long, and what the wolf mean, if not Timmain.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:24 am

Except that, in the dream, she changes from a star to a blanket to an elf to a wolf... and not just any wolf- it's Starjumper.

So... I think that could really go either way.

I like Manga's theory. I think it's common knowledge, isn't it, that the wolves have elf blood? That's why they can send?

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:44 am

Sorry for changing the topic a bit:

Something that's been... bugging (for lack of better words) me for a while is the way the Go-Backs refer to Venka.
First in issue 7 she points out to Windkin that she's chieftess now.
Then in issue 8 someone calls her 'chieftess' twice.
And finally in the issue 9 preview someone refers to her by that title again.
Contrary I can't remember Cutter or Ember being referred to as chief/chieftess so often.

Sure, it could simply be a cultural difference between the Wolfriders and the Go-Backs (maybe also them being glad they actually have a chieftess in the first place) but it kinda comes across - at least to me - as if they're going
Venka is the chieftess, remember?
She's chieftess.
Chieftess.
Venka = Chieftess of the Go-Backs.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:57 am

Maybe it's because the wolfriders are more "family-ish"? Like, when the boss tells you to call him by his first name.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:06 pm

Could be. I also noticed that Zey was referred to as "chief Zey" in HY 2, but that's probably to make readers have the Who the fuck is this guy and why is he chief? reaction.
One more thing; Venka is essentially a stranger to them, they've known her for what? 40-50 years.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Regarding Chieftess Venka:

Could also be that they're kinda more military like and are more prone to referring to someone's rank, if they have it.

Or they're so uncontrollably rowdy that they've got to keep reminding themselves and each other who the boss is. Wink

Regarding Star Child/Starjumper:

We've had hints about reincarnation. So maybe Star Child WAS Starjumper? Not so sure that fits so well. Maybe her transformation into Starjumper just represents their new bond. Starjumper is the only wolfriend Skywise has ever had, so it makes sense he would represent that kind of bond in a dream.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:54 pm

Wolfriders have always been more a family than a tribe, whereas Go Backs have always been warriors. In fact, although they seem rough and rowdy, perhaps their tendency to put nicknames to people is a way of giving them titles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 15 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next