Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

The Final Quest - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Wasn't there some mention that Choplicker was the last of the Hunt, though? Unless there are other elf-blooded wolves out there. Or other animal-blooded elves.

That or some aspect of the palace wants to force the elves to drink the purple kool-aid.

The Final Quest - Page 16 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

The Final Quest - Page 16 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
Wasn't there some mention that Choplicker was the last of the Hunt, though?

-sigh-

I miss when the Wolves mattered as much as the Elves in ElfQuest...
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:17 pm

The wolf who wanted to be an elf was the half insane No-name, Two-Spear's wolf.

The Wolfrider's wolves do have some elf-blood and the ability to hear wolf-sending -and a milder ability to send back due to Timmain having wolf cubs- which is why sometimes Wolfriders and wolves experience something like Recognition (or so Aurek/Egg says). It's possible Timmorn also had wolf-children.

In the "Blood of Ten Chiefs" novels, there were some wolves who had the ability to think and make rudimentary plans; poor No-name, for one. Willowgreen the second bonded with Windwalker, who was so elvish he understood the concept of "maybe", and Bloodsinger, Mantricker's last wolf-friend, knew enough about weapons to use his teeth to pull a spear from Mantricker's side. Blackfell's mate lost her cubs to a raptor attack, and thus stole a human baby to nurse.

The pack at the time of "Captives of Blue Mountain" had the mindset to stay with One-Eye and not panic, even when their elf-friends were missing and probably couldn't hear any attempts at sending.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:43 pm

Multi-Facets wrote:
The wolf who wanted to be an elf was the half insane No-name, Two-Spear's wolf.

Was there ANYTHING about Two-Spear that wasn't mentally unstable?
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
Wasn't there some mention that Choplicker was the last of the Hunt, though?

Was there?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Multi-Facets wrote:
It's possible Timmorn also had wolf-children.

well that uh.....that's definitely a weird image to have my head when you think of the logistics....yup...okay moving on anyway...

i dunno about Choplicker..but he probably would have bred with the new wolves of the tribe, maybe? if he did, it could renew the elfin blood in the wolfpack. that or we need the scenario Winnowill implied... time for a Timmorn II!! :p
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:14 pm

The only reason I can think of that Choplicker would be the last of the elf-blooded wolves would be the time jump. Maybe they all died out, or bred out their elf blood in the 10,000 years on Thorny Mountain? Otherwise... why would Choplicker be the last? Presumably, he was born out of a litter of other cubs that would be exactly like him.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:42 pm

A) I've never heard it said that Choplicker was the last.

B) I'm pretty sure I have heard it said that Timmorn sired cubs both elfin and wolfen.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Vaeri wrote:
Multi-Facets wrote:
It's possible Timmorn also had wolf-children.

well that uh.....that's definitely a weird image to have my head when you think of the logistics....yup...okay moving on anyway...

If the story about Timmain helping Timmorn to become more fully wolf can be counted as canon, you don't need to worry about the logistics. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:57 pm

manga wrote:

B) I'm pretty sure I have heard it said that Timmorn sired cubs both elfin and wolfen.

I thought I remembered the same in OQ #13 - but my memory was off. It mentions having cubs in and out of Recognition.

http://elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics/index.php?s=OQ/OQ13&p=28
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Weren't the wolves he brought Rahnee his cubs?

I thought the pack slept with the Wolfriders, and Timmain was the only one to stay awake.
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:19 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
Weren't the wolves he brought Rahnee his cubs?

I thought the pack slept with the Wolfriders, and Timmain was the only one to stay awake.

I was just thinking the same thing - the wolves went into wrapstuf with the elves.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:21 am

I want to say I read it in one of the Wolfrider Guides... or a Gatherum... but those may be considered "grain of salt."

The Final Quest - Page 16 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

The Final Quest - Page 16 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:55 am

manga wrote:
If the story about Timmain helping Timmorn to become more fully wolf can be counted as canon, you don't need to worry about the logistics. Smile

this does not change the fact his body is still elfin like! it...yeah....

anyways, this is true, the wolfpack DID go into wrapstuff, but they had still been breeding and whatnot for 500 years before wrapstuff, which would allow for quite the dilution of the blood i'm sure. making choplicker indeed the more elfin blooded than his fellow wolves.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 3:07 am

Only the alpha wolves breed, so it's easy for the wolves to "breed out" the elf DNA. Scooter and Dewshine might have brought jackals with them as Wolf friends when they moved to thorny mountain. Teir's wolves are probably pure blooded. The Wolfriders did bring in pure wolves from time to time (Warfrost)

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:49 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Scooter and Dewshine might have brought jackals with them as Wolf friends when they moved to thorny mountain.

moments when you'll never never look at certain characters the same....*snickers and giggles*

anyways it's hard to tell if Scouter and Dewshine did bring wolves...i looked through the issue where Kahvi invades the Sun Village, and when Ember goes on the palace to Sorrows End to bring back Scouter and Dewshine, and i see no wolves for them anywhere. there is of course a possibility after their wolves died, they didn't take to the jackwolf hybrids. and they did say they wanted peace, so maybe they didn't really feel like hunting and all that.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:18 am

I think so to Vaeri, that they just didn't take any in Sorrows end, but maybe found new wolves back in the forest maybe?

Love these two ;D

The Final Quest - Page 16 Scoote10The Final Quest - Page 16 Dewshi10

( Just kidding of course, made that spelling mistake myself maaaany times, just got this image in my head now Very Happy  )

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:56 pm

What, her boyfriend is not hyper hyper all over the place Very Happy?

Hm, well they don't show any (jackal) wolves in the comics, but.... I just have the romantic though that Wolf-bonding and hunting just runs in a Wolfrider... Do you think, that when one Wolf friend dies, a Wolfrider might sometimes just be annoyed, that s/he has to go through the ordeal of picking a new one again?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Wendy posted a new teaser picture on FB ... and I suddenly had a weird idea.

What if ... the "alliance" Two-Edge is forming is an alliance with Mender?
What if ... the often mentioned same-sex couple will be Two-Edge and Mender?

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:44 pm

.......wtf embala? XD do you have any idea how odd an image that makes?!!

......ask fairyring to draw it XD
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:02 am

As gender benders? XD

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:05 am

That would be really dang interesting, but it's possible Two-Edge is too hung up on Venka to look at Mender that way.

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:21 am

Embala wrote:
Wendy posted a new teaser picture on FB ... and I suddenly had a weird idea.

What if ... the "alliance" Two-Edge is forming is an alliance with Mender?
What if ... the often mentioned same-sex couple will be Two-Edge and Mender?

I think he's more likely to be sulking because Venka's taken up with Mender.

In another post, Wendy mentions she's just finishing the last time lapse in FQ, and the rest will be in real time. And that she's been waiting for issue 11 for 37 years...I for one can't wait to find out why...
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:31 am

Timmorn makes an appearance and kicks Djun ass then disappears again for another few thousand years

Da-end

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2015 4:11 am

Mender forges an allegiance with the misfit trolls (I'll make you fit and you will help us). Two-Edge is pissed, not only did no red shirt die, but a person, who is a bit like his mother becomes  the contact person for the trolls (that's his thing!).

In the end, he kidnaps Mender (to much magic in the game) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 16 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next