Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Design by Prayer

Go down 
+6
PCoquelin
Elwing
G0lden
Shadowpath
Embala
Prayer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

Character Design by Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptySun May 01, 2016 7:01 pm

Let's make a character out of a bubble...Bubble boy!

Character Design by Prayer <a href=Character Design by Prayer Img_2015" />

...and here's his sister...bubble girl.

Character Design by Prayer <a href=Character Design by Prayer Img_2016" />

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptySun May 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Sweethearts!

They are chibis! I love you I like the the playful approach and how the bubbles shimmer like "Seifenblasen" (soap bubbles?).

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptySun May 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Oh dear, those are adorable. O.O

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyMon May 02, 2016 3:49 am

Thank you Embala and Shadowpath, you share my love for chibis! :-D

I hope it means Soap bubbles, Embala..
hehe!

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 01, 2018 7:39 am

Redhead

Character Design by Prayer Img_2011

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 01, 2018 12:18 pm

Cute.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 01, 2018 7:18 pm

New art Very Happy is pretty!

She's very cute, Prayer, and full of light. Silky shiny hair and sweet glossy lips. A charming redhead with the typical pale skin. I love the freckles and this little rosy nose. These topazblue eyes are a lively contrast. And big enough to be elfin ... ^^

This would be a wonderful model for a precious collector's doll! I love you

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyWed May 02, 2018 9:30 am

Thank you Golden and Embala. I wanted to show how my drawings are Wendy influenced in style.

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyMon May 07, 2018 5:42 pm

Character Design by Prayer Screen10

Geisha make up inspired

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Characters   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 08, 2018 3:20 am

Character Design by Prayer 20185813

Choose one and say why. :-)

Last edited by Prayer on Tue May 08, 2018 6:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Crystal Eyes   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 08, 2018 6:01 am

Character Design by Prayer 20185810
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Little fairy   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 08, 2018 6:22 am

Character Design by Prayer 20185812
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Wow, love your drawings! You are so good and they are so cute!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyWed May 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Thank you, glad you like them.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptySun May 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Pale skin, exotic almond eyes in waterclear grey ... and a blueish-grey mane, almost like spectrolite. I love this "oldfashioned" hand coloring. The red make-up and the blood red cherry lips are a strong contrast - lively and even more alien.

*blinks* Shocked ... something is missing here! I know - there WAS a screenshot of a lovely drawing ... kind special for me. It reminded me of one of my favorite EQ chars - Mother Moon and her Starchild. Yes, I've called her Star Child before I've realzed that it was her true name. So lovely.

I see a Goddess sunny - of earth and sun and air. And I see a possible daughter/ancestor of Savah. Depends on how elfquesty my pov is supposed to be.
I love the warm skin tone and how shading and light effects bring out her facial features. Her hair is made of silk and gold threads and sunbeams. The bright jewel eyes match the gorgeous diadem and earrings. Ice and sky banned in crystals. The light golden eye shadow makes her gaze even mor intense and magical.
She's glowing in the sun - very alive and very alien.

A chibi pixie! I love you So cute. Everything of this tiny creature is round and soft and adorably pettable.
Very charming in simple black and white. The drawing looks even tender ... like you've breathed the lines on the sheet. A true magical being with a touch of preserver in her eyes. I love these un-human eyes, eyebrows and antennae for her. Of course the are much too long and heavy to be carried by the wings ^^ ... but magic and pixie dust will do!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptySun May 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Quote :
Choose one and say why. :-)
Studies of facial features, color schemes and eyes. Interesting to see the variant takes and the different persons formed this way.
Each of them fits their name and intended character very well.

Little Miss Sugar - sweet cuteness in pink. Overly big head and a face that is wider than high and almost flat, dominated by the eyes. The eye - carefully worked out, detailed and inventious. Literally LOVEly but also artificial. Very much chibi-manga style. I love to see well known characters chibi style - it's like a Betthupferl, a bedtime candy. Smile As a general style it's an overdose of sugar for me.

Red Stacy - This face has character! I love the simple but speaking expression and the miscievous trait. This pinkish red is not exactly my preferred hair color but I like how you've shaded it with different hues. Hairstyle and eye size/shape are very mangaesque - well done when you want to go for this style. When you ask: Choose! ... then it is not my preference either.
I see the beauty of the huge midnightblue eye and I'm fascinated by the "color and light" effect at the bottom. Yet ... I don't like those very oversized roundish eyes.

Natural Beauty - very well-behaved with ribbons and bows. I like the more natural proportions and the soft lines of her hair. Last not least ... I'm biased by the blue-turquoise color. Especially in the eye it's breathtaking for me - like a mountain lake! Bright and shiny, lifely ... a bit prettified. This eye is definitely my favorite!
But as a whole ... is the beauty a bit too soft, a bit too well-behaved, a bit too innocent ... and a bit plane (two-dimensional).

Elf-Warrior - elfquesty in style, caught in movement, expressive features and very energetic. She's my girl of the day!
I love her features - neither very natural nor human but much to my liking. There's texture and emotion, three-dimentional in shape and expression. The shiny dagger is a bonus. The eye has a clearly elfin style but pupil and iris are the most natural from the quartet. And it's golden - Nightfall's and Rayek's color. ^^

Please keep in mind: You've asked "Choose!" and you've asked "Why?".
I can see the different styles and that you were going for variety. My honest opinion is that each of them turned out great and is well-succeeded in its own way. As you've asked for my personal preference you got the reasons why I like this before the other.

Last edited by Embala on Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 22, 2018 3:45 am

@Embala: I can't thank you enough for the in-depth analysis and personal rating of my drawings. I feel very honoured that you took the time. I don't even find the words so I say once more a heartfelt 'thank you'. <3

You know it is fascinating that while I am reading your eloquent comments I kind of re-explore my works. It's like you know them better than I do! ^^

And in a way, maybe you are, because you have a gift of recognising the essence of an artwork and identity the feelings behind it. You can look behind the curtains, it's like magic to me. Magic, because I draw out of mere intuition; I see visions but more unconsciously, not knowing the finished drawing before starting. I couldn't even put images into right words. Just go with the flow while drawing.

It's a bit like dreamtime in Elfquest. I can see the visions (=dreams aka my drawings) but I can't conclude the meaning instantly. You are my much needed and much appreciated Pike here! Very Happy

I loved how you said Betthupferl^^ (Chibi's really can be an overdose of sugar).

I will try to find Moon and her starchild again. The original I gifted a child along with other drawings in kindergarden of my son. The kids love to color (especially Chibis^^).
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 22, 2018 6:31 am

Laughing Pike

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:11 am

Heheee...*imagining Embala in a dreamberry bush*

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: The moon and her starchild   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:16 am

Character Design by Prayer Img_2020

Found it.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:19 am

Know thyself
Character Design by Prayer Img_2021

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:22 am

Little starcatcher
Character Design by Prayer Img_2022

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 22, 2018 3:22 pm

No critics from me, dear Prayer : Wendy once said that most female artists went too much into small details and thus ended up losing the sense of the global effect.

But I feel you can escape this and your work IS wonderful.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyTue May 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Aww... Moon and Starchild are back! It's lovely. Shape and details actually show who / what they are. And the background adds the shine ... the halo around the moon. I like the monocromatic colored outlines.
Can't help it ... the drawing is almost an illustration of one of Outlier#s stories ... when Mother Moon had to learn to leave her daughter alone to hunt. With a variation - this time it looks for me like the daughter will leave ... "Let me go, Mom. It's about time and I'll do well. I love you."

And there is another star child , a star catcher. Like a Star @ heaven Cute chibi with very "speaking" eyes. ^^ She's a sweetheart. I love you The blue outlines and the spotlight effect work fab!

The middle one is unusual. A tomboyish harlekin ... expressiv face. Bewildered by her own hand and fingers. And then there are those tubes connected to her neck and ankle ruffles - there was a strange thought:
This being was just "squeezed out" bei those tubes like soft ice cream from a candy maschine. Or an alien traveling throught time and space and dimensions ... a spirit newborn in this shape, just learning about her body.

I agree with PC - your work is wonderful, Fairyring. Very Happy
I see the truth in Mrs.Pini's words ... but for me the art is to find a balance between richness of detail and global effect. Details make it lifely and give the thoughtful beholder a chance to discover something new with each view.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer EmptyWed May 23, 2018 11:53 am

Thank you so much, PC! Also for the compliment. You are so kind. About the 'global effect': I know that Wendy went through many struggling and rejections because of her art not being 'commercial' enough. She started in a time where strong and sharp Marvel comics were standard. Plus a female comic artist was rare. Her elves are more soft and fragile looking. But she stayed true to herself. She valued authenticity more than popularity.

I admire Wendy for that. A true artist keeps being authentic. I don't want to enslave myself to the expectations of others either.

@Embala: Thank you so much for commenting. I am glad you like the first and last. Funny with the 'squeezing' you see in the middle drawing.^^ To me the extensions have the symbolical meaning of feeling too much and not knowing where the 'I' ends and where the world begins (feeling vs. thinking - subjectivity vs. objectivity).

It's interesting to learn about your point of view in art and finding balance. However I want to draw what I feel and don't like the idea to create for a global effect. I also strife for balance but I will not change my art for the sake of balanced composition (for example less details in order for the artwork to be more pleasing to the eye). If I am sad I draw something sad / disturbing and creating it has a healing effect to me. Then I maybe try to find more balance in my life (if I can change anything that is within my power).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Design by Prayer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next