Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
+11
Prayer
Tynami
Vaeri
Shadowpath
Sofia
wolfmoonsky
jaRf
Sifra
Evil Evie
Embala
PCoquelin
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

Elf selves: Time to shine Empty
PostSubject: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyMon May 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Elf selves: Time to shine Img_2015

This is for you, Embala. <3 How I imagine your 'elf self'...kind, elegant & wise. Also, in Palace Dweller Silk.

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyMon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm

WOW !
So beautiful a drawing...
I cannot draw... I can only hope my eldest niece can draw so well, some day, Prayer.
It's wonderful.

And you just found a marvellous way of expressing how our hearts perceive other elf-friends, here.

Elf selves: Time to shine Af4ce310

Shade and sweet water!

Last edited by PCoquelin on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyMon May 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Thank you for your kind words.

I like drawing but I am not good. I just tried and tried. Liked drawing enough to keep on trying. After a 100 times drawing a hand it looked like...a foot. Haha. Needed thousands of drawing hands before it looked a bit like a hand. So...it's just practice. Everybody can learn drawing. Tell this your niece. It's okay if it looks crappy first. Just never give up and one day there will be good results.

Shade and sweet water to you and your family!

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyMon May 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Elf selves: Time to shine Img_2016

This is for you, Embala. <3 How I imagine your 'elf self'...kind, elegant & wise. Also, in Palace Dweller Silk.

Just finished coloring it 'mixed media' with soft pastels and (watercolor) pencils.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyFri May 18, 2018 11:45 pm

High Ones! Shocked Coming back from pleasant vacations to find such a wonderful gift!

Thank you so much for this amazing drawing of Embala, Fairyring. I love you And you made it calendar style!
A lively, energetic portrait - she's looking for new horizons, a new quest with bright, soulful eyes. I like the wind in her hair and how you've used it to part the page and connect the three panels at the same time.
A delicate full body shot, caught in movement. Your clothing design suits her so well. I love the artfully tattered top and the merging colors. The rich jewelry is a charming detail - the long fether earrings from the portrait are completed by by an identical necklace and bracelet and an armband. Her face is so sweet and kind with very elfy features.
Last not least a dreamy "action" scene. Dreamy Embala working crystal magic near the shimmering Palace. You've designed a Palace gown that is characteristic and individual and flatters Embala. The sleeve adornement is such a nice link to the armband going with the Wolfrider outfit. The alternate hairdo goes works well for the High One style.

I adore the handcoloring with pastels. Smile It's nostalgic and tender and reminds me of the water colors of my first EQ issues.
The first picture with line art only is a bonus - I love to see work-in-progress.

Thank you so much for this gorgeous work. It's breathing love.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySat May 19, 2018 3:30 am

I am glad you like it Embala. Could you give me a discription (you would like to share) like if you're a healer, tanner, hunter or something else?

I would like to draw you in action like that. If I am permitted. :-)

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Elwing   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySat May 19, 2018 3:38 am

Elf selves: Time to shine Img_2017

How I imagine Elwing. Her haircut is so cool. Can't wait to color it with pastels.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Close up Elwing   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySat May 19, 2018 7:17 am

Elf selves: Time to shine Img_2018
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySat May 19, 2018 11:02 am

These are beautiful! You know, a self elf calender would be really cool. Id love to see one with a bunch of you guys in it.

I kind of can draw, but I don't have the patience for it, so I say I can't. Maybe someday my patience in that area will change, it has in other areas.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySat May 19, 2018 11:27 am

They are both beautiful!

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySun May 20, 2018 12:52 am

wow these are gorgeous! glad to be seeing more art from you fairyring. <3

aww, i really wanted to color the Embala one, until i saw you had colored it already. i love coloring your art fairyring!!!!

also yes, self elf calendar would be soooo cool. just...how would we pick who goes in? unless multiple pictures were fit into each month...or oh, maybe group scenes of the self elves! people could pick what month they'd like to be in!<3
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySun May 20, 2018 8:48 am

Glad you like it so far.
@EvilEvie: I would love to see your art!

Also I absolutely love the idea of an elf self calender. I would vote for group pictures per month as well. <3

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySun May 20, 2018 8:50 am

@Vaeri: Feel free to color the outlines of Embala. The more versions the more fun :-)

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySun May 20, 2018 8:58 am

You've used Elwing's sElf-portrait to create her elf self! Like Great idea and gorgeous work, Fairyring!
I love how well you've captured her portrait and the hint of a fur blanket framing her shoulders.
Once again you've created a beautiful elfquesty outfit - practical and just a bit playful. The sparingly used shading adds texture and makes her shape sculptural.
I like the tomboyish pose going with the frilly Palace gown. Easy to imagine that Elwing would do right this! ^^

You are right on the way to build a calendar! Personally I don't see a problem in case there would not be a spot for everyone in question - some of us don't have a self-elf or never shared this identity. On the other side - who says a calender must go with months or weeks? I've seen calenders with 10-day-sheets ... it could be as many days or weeks per sheet as needed.
All that counts is the fun of the artists anyway!

Personally I would not mind to see a variant coloring of Embala, Vaeri. Very Happy Of course it's up to the artist to offer lineart for coloring. Such collaboration happened before - here and on the old Scroll - and it was always so interesting to see different takes on it - different color combinations, styles and tecniques.

Last edited by Embala on Sun May 20, 2018 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptySun May 20, 2018 9:28 pm

I just don't want to seem like i'm trying to upstage her or anything if she colors something than i do too...but if you guys want me to/ are okay with it, then i will
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyMon May 21, 2018 7:03 am

Elf selves: Time to shine Img_2019

Trying a new coloring style.

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyMon May 21, 2018 7:06 am

Forever grateful for your evaluation, Embala! <3

@Vaeri: I would love to see your colored version of my outlines and feel very honoured if you decide to do so! <3

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyMon May 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Smooth skin and soft fur - the shading works well, Fairyring. I like how the lip color mirrors the reddish strand ... or is it the other way round? Wink Beautiful waterclear jewel eyes.

Almost pastells ... I love how Elwing turned out.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyTue May 22, 2018 3:33 am

personally, the way you've colored Elwing's eyes are my favorite. they are very...i think Embala had the perfect word, they are very jewel like and it's beautiful!

and it's very pleasing/embarrasing to hear that from you about the coloring and being honored... Embarassed i've got most of the colors and effects done by now...i think all that's left is shading and highlighting, and i should be able to post it by tomorrow night. but i'm feeling rather pleased with it thus far...i tried something new in my coloring as well, eheh.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyTue May 22, 2018 3:52 am

Thank you Embala. I am glad that you like the new colouring style. It gives me a better direction where to go with Elfquest drawings. <3

@Vaeri: Yayyyy, can't wait! Smile))

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Prayer   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:26 am

Elf selves: Time to shine Img_2023
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:27 am

Elf selves: Time to shine Img_2024
Close up

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Colored    Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyTue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Elf selves: Time to shine Img_2025
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyTue May 22, 2018 3:52 pm

These are some crisp and clear lines anf gentle colours! Very good work!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine EmptyTue May 22, 2018 3:57 pm

oh yay it's fairyring!!..i think that's your elf's name...?^^0 but very lovely!

so i finished Embala...i'd like to start on Elwing, but i have no idea what her color palette is!@_@ so but here. hope you guys like what i did! as i said, i tried something new in coloring, and that was coloring the eyelashes to match the hair. i think it looks quite good.

Elf selves: Time to shine Embala10

EDIT: and double surprise, i went to work in Fairyring since i didn't know Elwing's palette...took a lot less time that i thought it would!^^ she came out quite lovely. i hope i got her eye color right, i wasn't sure what it was, so i kinda followed your coloring Fairyring...^^0

Elf selves: Time to shine Fairyr11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next