Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)

Go down 
+24
Multi-Facets
Elwing
howler monkey
Sifra
Arthis
Lunakat
Zadzi
Shadowpath
kathleen3.0
Wisp
namuhna
Bluetree
manga
Redhead Ember
Embala
Davrille
Kindredsoul
wingthing
Startear
Miss Gillespie
jaRf
Stargazer
Outlier
faeriegirl
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 10:09 am

Flemish is basically Dutch, but there are different words and expressions, and the pronunciation is very distinctive. It's a bit like German German and Austrian German, I'd say. Not so much difference in the official language as spoken on TV, but regional dialects can be mutually unintelligible.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 10:15 am

And to return to the subject, Rayek is my favourite character in the books because he makes mistakes, regrets them and grows over time, while still staying true to character. Except in the most recent books where all that added learning seems to have been undone.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Ah, I feel bad blaming W & R for the Rayek treatment. It feels very harsh to say. But it's still felt like lazy writing, so I can't help it.

I've never read the books so I have no idea, but I started liking Rayek and taking an interest in him when he resurfaced in the frozen mountains and helped heal Cutter with Leetah. I've never viewed him as a villain, but I've definitely seen him as very self-absorbed at times (to say the least lol).

15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Re-reading and stumbling over a few things, well, if one would consider Rogue's Curse as official, then RC takes place after FQ and thus Winnie stays.
Still sucks. Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 3:45 pm

If you can't use the palace to kill, because this would poison it, its hardly a weapon let alone 'the most powerful one'.

So if all elves would pull together and come to save the ancestral home of the Wolfriders (why should they?), the palace would have to pick those scattered around up, right? After the battle, could those, who want, stay in the palace or would this count as cheating? (<-- because you have to reach it by foot, don't you?)

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 4:26 pm

jaRf wrote:
Re-reading and stumbling over a few things, well, if one would consider Rogue's Curse as official, then RC takes place after FQ and thus Winnie stays.
Still sucks. Razz

I mentioned something about Wendy ret-forward-conning RC out of existence on the old forum, just before the meltdown, and Richard said "it's not happening."
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 4:32 pm

Who cares if Rayek loses control of Winnowil now? I don't see why they can't just let her in the Palace. Apparently, at this point, that would be just fine. So what are they doing?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Lunakat wrote:
So what are they doing?
I got that Ekuar tries to save Rayek - his friend, his son - from being killed. Hhm ... maybe Ekuar is not so much into the existing-on-the-spirit-plane-is-great-fun thing?

Took me longer to remember - and reread - why Two-Edge is on a Rayek hunt.

And Venka ... she said: "... if he (Rayek) is killed, Winnowill's spirit, set free, will cast her poisonous net around the world!"
Uhm...  Shocked  are we back to the point that Winnowill's spirit can NOT be healed or will still be able to take over the Palace or will not go to the Palace at all but soars free the WotMs causing havoc? Rolling Eyes

Seriously, I don't get THIS part.

15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Damn that cover is ugly. Doesn't Sonny understand shading at all?

15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Ba_a_f10

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Considering the first 4 page of issue 15 I doubt he understands colour.

15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 12:56 am

I don't think he does, actually.

wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 3:36 am

Seeing as Redlance and Nightfall actually swap eye colors on one page of #15 (the naked love-in one - which also features the return of the blue-eyed Skywise) I'm starting to doubt he can even RECOGNIZE colors!
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 7:48 am

It's organic, duh

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 4:35 pm

He must, though-- because the first couple issues he did weren't bad at all. I liked them. I think maybe he's just doing the bare minimum at this point? I don't know...

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 4:35 pm

He doesn't understand value and shading-- that's for sure. There is some improvement in this issue, I think though-- in that characters are not fading as badly into the backgrounds

Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 6:44 pm

Embala wrote:

Uhm...  Shocked  are we back to the point that Winnowill's spirit can NOT be healed or will still be able to take over the Palace or will not go to the Palace at all but soars free the WotMs causing havoc? Rolling Eyes

I think Winnowill could only be healed in the Palace,and that it wouldn't be a quick process. Timmain says, "Give her spirit over to us, and in time she will be cleansed...renewed." No statement on how much time that would take. If spirits can in fact use their magic on the world (like we saw with Zhantee shielding Venka back in Shards), then Winnowill could shit-stir among the humans again.

The "give her spirit over to us" makes me think Timmain and the Palace Dwellers and spirits would need to keep watch on Winnowill. We don't know if a pure-blooded elf can resist the draw of the Palace or not. It's possible Winnowill could -- or that the Wolfriders, etc. believe she can.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Who else besides the Wolfriders is not considered 'pure-blooded', though?

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 11:48 pm

Two Edge?

15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Santa_1015 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Downlo2315 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Av_cut1015 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 4:48 am

Hmm... sure they can't use the Palace for bloodshed.
Nobody said anything about using the Palace, or pods, to transport a whole bunch of Go-Backs, as well as Ember's half of the Wolfriders to the Father Tree Holt.
Isn't that what a lot of "war vessels" are for anyway? Transporting troops.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 12:32 pm

The smarter thing to do would be to jut transport the very few Wolfriders there (less than ten, right?) away.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 12:39 pm

That wouldn't save the Father Tree Holt. And I don't think the humans would just go "Oh, well... no demons here, let's head home."
They'd hack the woods to bits and kill the native people living nearby.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:
Two Edge?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy !

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 7:01 pm

I don't care what the bloody palace is used for, as long as it's used for something that moves along the story. I'd like it to be a spaceship again already, seriously, and I want them all to lose their hair and turn into coneheads (spellcheck keeps correcting it into boneheads LOL) and fly away already or something.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 11:13 am

Whatever happens I just hopes that Rayek accepts that Ekuar isn't betraying him, but saving him.
I just hope that Ember accepts that Daboi didn't betray the elves willingly and even risked his life to warn them. Weirdly, though... at the same time I kinda think it could be neat if he died. If he ended up giving his life for the elves, because I'm not sure he could ever go back to anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 6:37 pm

I care so little about Daboi and I just can't stand Rayek at this point-- he's so repetitive and nonsensical. If they both die I do t know if I would mind either way.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   15 - Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next