Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you feel?

Go down 
+32
LurkingCat
jaRf
Sorandril [BANNED]
Nibblet
Leanan
Yeee
Zadzi
Prayer
G0lden
Vaeri
Embala
Tynami
Sifra
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Elwing
PCoquelin
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
wolfmoonsky
Redhead Ember
Kir, the last Go-Back
Startear
Beryl
Lunakat
Rainflower
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Antonia
Evil Evie
Trollbabe
IceTooth
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

How do you feel? - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 8:28 pm

Sad *hugs* Hug

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 pm

Just catching up on all of this. Embala, I am sorry about your friend.

I feel disappointed that people around the country are taking their frustrations out by destroying public artwork, regardless of what it represents. Also a little scared that others will retaliate by attacking statues of minorities, or religious statues, or grave markers. Gasoline on the fire.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 2:37 am

Trollbabe wrote:

I feel disappointed that people around the country are taking their frustrations out by destroying public artwork, regardless of what it represents.

So I just had this same conversation on another forum.
He'd said that it's not that these statues celebrate the people, but serve as reminders.
So I said, "Imagine, if they put up a Hitler statue. And said, 'We're not celebrating him. We're just putting it up as a reminder."
And then put it in the center of a national park.

Said person I was talking to, wasn't Jewish - but said, that kind of helped them see it.
While, I know not what color or race you are - I, myself, white (other half from Spain) - have tried to see it through others eyes - and I think I get it. Some of these statues represent slave owners.

But then one says, "But slavery was a thing back then."

Yeah, but a lot of slave owners also had - sometimes, consensual sex with their slaves no doubt.
And since "Age 18" wasn't a thing - some of those owners may have been having sex with slaves who were 12, 13, years old.
Because back then, getting married young was a thing, because people didn't live long.

So where does the line get drawn? Does someone who did something great for the country get a pass on slavery because it was a thing back then?

What about rape?

And potential rape of minors?

Should all of that be forgotten?

For some, what these statues represent is a horrible thing done to their people in the past.

And having them in the middle of the park or whatever, is a harsh reminder of what their people were put through.

All of that said, that's how I have tried to view it. It works for me.

I completely understand and respect those who may not see it as I do or agree with me, etc.

We're people and we have differing opinions on many, many, many things. As long as we're civil, we're good. Smile

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 9:47 pm

My son said it best. Sure go ahead and whitewash our history. Tear down those statues. But remember when we do these things, we are setting ourselves up to repeat our history.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 6:57 pm

My neighbor felt that the speed limit on our street was too fast. She was concerned about her small children. So she went through the proper channels and got the local government to lower the speed limit. They put up new speed limit signs.

She didn't sneak out one night with a paintbrush and change all the signs.

I feel frustrated with people who think the world revolves around them. If they respect us essential workers as heroes, why not showing it by NOT FIGHTING US!!!! A funeral service employee told me yesterday that his service is burying ONE PERSON A DAY from this epidemic. This is serious stuff and people need to stop pretending that they aren't putting other people's lives in danger when they ignore directions and refuse to wear masks or face shields.

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 7:31 pm

The statues can go- i mean, all remaining Nazi monuments and architecture in Germany have been erased for similar reasons.

My concern is that a proactive approach rarely knows when to stop.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 10:06 am

My concern too. It can quickly turn into a contest to see which kid can knock over all of the other kid's sandcastles. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

There has already been an injury from the head falling off a statue. Some attacks on statues have involved vehicles pulling them down. This is not a job for amateurs. When ropes and chains snap under heavy tension, they can sever body parts.

If you have not seen some equestrian monuments up close, they can be as big as a two-story house. They lack toeholds and the bronze parts are not meant to support an adult's weight. It's a long drop.

I feel for these young people who are taking their frustrations out on monuments to a dead cause. It's up to local governments to respond appropriately.

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 8:20 pm

How do you feel? - Page 34 Sextan10

I know its been forever, perhaps a month, since i posted anything significant but i had some work to do. The least of which was picking up and calibrating this thing like i was born on a ship. This is good because i might also need it to dislodge Trump from office using my trademark formation....

After discovering how badly i could potentially screw myself up with CRISPR, i decided to take a stand point of scientific curiosity and discovered even more amazing things, such as the mutations centering on HIF and stress pathways indicating that water had a lot to do with this.

Moreover, this means we can trace this one all the way back to spear fishing apes and thus its part of the trajectory of human intelligence. Evolution isnt perfect but its what ive got.

The most interesting news came last week when i managed to discover the continuing existence of traditionally raised "fey children" in 2020... https://ibb.co/x6WTfW7

It was upon talking to these people that i realized that i wasnt that bad off, and furthermore that in some respects the legends are true..... as i put it to my uncle Dave the other day:

"24 bit color vision with night function, vision hasnt failed yet either, in general i seem to be aging slower, and i have a brain capable of comprehending science (formerly known as magic) to astounding degrees. That and apparently i can plant an avocado sapling and it will sprout fruit the first year but im not sure if that has a physical explanation "

It just all kind of came full circle and i feel much better despite our declining virus situation in America....
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 1:51 am

Annoyed.

Whole neighborhood setting off fireworks... people across from me setting them off EXTRA irresponsibly and ones that detonate stupid low to the ground.

They set my yard on fire. If I hadn't gone out that moment to take a look because usually fireworks are going towards the FRONT of my house (where I can watch for problems) and not the back, I wouldn't have caught a patch of dry grass burning near my house. Got it out pretty quick.

Popped over to tell them to cut it the fuck out because I saw their works set my yard on fire. Aim elsewhere at least.

Two fireworks later, they set their own yard on fire and the show was over. By the lighting and hosing it was a far bigger fire than I had.

Why they continue to sell them in a fire state I have NO idea.

How do you feel? - Page 34 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

How do you feel? - Page 34 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 6:13 am

Oh Dear affraid ... glad you were lucky to catch the fire in time!

Unreasonable rules meeting irresponsible people ... Rolling Eyes

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 5:04 pm

HAHA!!! They got payback indeed🤣

Thank goodness you got the fire in your own garden out.

Feeling upset with people being so dumb at days. The danger with Corona is far from over, and now people are gathering at the beach and parties and...oh, I just dont know of I can take it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 8:46 pm

i am similarly amazed that LA is still here after the 4th... and not utterly burnt to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 12:34 pm

So now Trollhubby has shingles, and another foot abscess. Dry heaves, sharp stomach cramps, and a painful below-the-belt rash the size of Kansas.

We are waiting for our crops to shrivel and our cattle to die of anthrax. Very Happy

Neither of us recalls ever having had chicken pox, but his late parents left no records or photographs.

I got a shingles shot yesterday. We are well-stocked with gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfectants, and we built a barrier of foam-rubber blocks down the middle of the bed. My role as Old Maggoty has just expanded.

I feel at peace.

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 4:14 pm

What a jolly good idea that gave me; to do like the riders and hide in the troll caves. Why not? Dreamberry wine for everyone😁Bring it on, Pike!

Feeling tired after trying my bicycle for the first time in a year. I'll feel sorry for my rump in the morning😫
Back to top Go down
Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 4:23 pm

I'm so sorry about Trollhubby's sickness and pain! I hope he recovers steadily and that you both stay safe. I'm glad you're feeling peace, though!

Myself, I'm hovering between anxious and apathetic most days, but recently my brain has decided I'm allowed to have The Good Chemicals and I have been writing/knitting/weaving/cleaning like my life depends on it (which at this stage...kind of, yeah?). It's like being awake again after a month of sleeping; my therapist says that it's a good sign, and hopefully we can identify some ways to get me out of my depressive stages more effectively. I feel hopeful, which is a nice feeling.

I've also recently decided to go back to school for Geology because apparently I didn't suffer enough during a Bachelor's and Master's in English. The signs are favorable; as a second bachelor's student, I won't have to waste time and money on general education classes (though my best friend thinks the idea of me, an ex-composition instructor, taking freshman comp again is hilarious)...I will, however, have to take a math placement test to see if I qualify for the necessary math classes for the Geology program.

...some of y'all may or may not remember me as a freshman in high school. To put it charitably, math of any sort is not one of my strengths. I looked at the practice questions and hand to god I actually had forgotten that fractions exist outside of cooking. I'm so boned you guys lol.

I hope everyone stays safe and sane during these hellish times; I am so happy to be back with you all.
Back to top Go down
Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 8:52 pm

SO I HAVE A NEW JOB LINED UP FOR THE 27TH Y'ALL HOLY CRAP????
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 9:02 pm

Congratulations! cheers

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 4:52 am

Yay! Hope it fits for you and that you feel good in this job.

Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 5:07 pm

THANK YOU! I AM A LITTLE FRIGHTENED BUT OH WELL
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 5:40 pm

*crossuing fingers and toes* for a good start, a fitting job and nice co-workers!

Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 5:51 pm

Thank you! It's pre-processing mortgage loans, so we'll find out!
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 2:45 am

So, 20 days gone in a flash. All this time spent improving myself and meditating.... and my worldview has evolved to the point where i realize how wrong and abhorrent i was. How could i ever have hated the very thing i claimed to love....? How could i not have realized the connection at all and pretty much advocated for the wholesale destruction of my own people? How did i not realize, as a biologist, that an upward curve of a cluster of traits like that and different mating behaviors can precede speciation?

Yep... stopping to actually study the science turned my worldview completely around.

I mean it was all literally staring me in the face.... and now im puzzled how i was ever a fan of Elfquest... i mean you could say, in a sense, that i came to literally hate everything the elves were about... how did i not get that she was trying to show us what we actually are?
(No, im not saying i dont like it, im just puzzled how i continued to like it when i hated myself so intensely)

All the other things i thought i was upset about are quite insignificant compared to that. But im not upset about any of it anymore. Im just sad that we live in a society which brought me up to believe i was worth nothing.

How do you feel? - Page 34 Img-2111

Well, isnt this a suspicious amount of brass... ok, i think that star doesnt help either but still... yes i put all that in there

How do you feel? - Page 34 Img-2110

My latest desk setup for remote gaming.... live in Tetracolor, with Infravision.* So yes im doing more than moping about the above.

*ok maybe not with my cell phone.

Edited because its hard for me to type about this topic without crying. I really want to thank everyone on here for helping me get to this point. I am more at peace with myself than ever, but very sad at the thought of what i was, no better than Winnowill or Angrif.

Last edited by Sorandril on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 3:54 am

I SEE MINIFIGURINES HELLO what sort of game are you participating in currently Sorandril???
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 4:47 am

Ahh...me and a friend are playing "Warhammer" this way. I just met this one again after 5 years.. i seem to be helping him out quite a bit by talking to him. He was quite astounded when i was able to point out something he never told me - that his favorite color is purple. This i entirely deduced from the fact that he kinda acts like Zhantee. In short, dude is a male Candraprabha (not common).

And its gone on from there. The other day i pointed out what my studies have revealed, and it really empowered him. I think i may be onto something and not just on something this time.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 5:47 am

https://ibb.co/album/qMcn2K for pictures of a massive Eldar army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you feel?
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next