Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?

Go down 
+14
Davrille
Vaeri
Prayer
sueb
Miss Gillespie
Startear
wingthing
Kojiyumi
Leanan
manga
Outlier
Redhead Ember
G0lden
Embala
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? Empty
PostSubject: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 7:52 pm

We got to see the youngest cub of Cutter and Leetah one time at the end of the Final Quest. Too bad he stayed nameless - earned him the fan-name "Cutlet" here. XD
He looks like his sire, has hardly tanned skin and Joyleaf’s golden hair.

By now he has no bio page on Elfquest.com and no mentioning there as far I could see.

EDIT: Visit Goldruff's bio page on Elfquest.com.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Bear with me – I’m in a weird angry-silly mood tonight and up for mischief. This sparked a whimsical theory about “Cutlet”.

I wondered whether he is the true Cutter. ^^

Remember what happened at Cutter’s procreation according to FQ? A spark of Timmain’s spirit/soul (TAM) usurped the newly conceived shell. What happened to the little soul that was originally supposed to dwell it?
Suddenly I had the vision of a tiny foggy spirit hanging around in a treetop – watching ... pouting and plotting. I.Will.Get.My.Shell.!

He’s a very patient little spirit. And when Cutter and Leetah recognize for the second time this is his second chance, too. This shell is for him from the beginning – because he triggered it. ^^ Thus the true spawn of Bearclaw and Joyleaf was born with a delay of 10,000 years and some.

Makes Cutter his own sire. XD

No need to take this too serious!

…and now I leave it to Redhead Ember to give this thread a more serious touch!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 8:20 pm

Interesting theory there Em. I like it.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 10:32 am

Naah, I think Cutter was the true Cutter. This guy will be his own person.

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Wed May 03, 2023 11:55 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 2:48 pm

*chuckles* I guess both Cutter and his son are their own persons. With or without the TimTam effect.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Goldruff (m)

Alive
Son of Cutter and Leetah
Brother of Sunstream and Ember
Adoptive brother of Shuna
Grandson of Bearclaw, Joyleaf, Sun Toucher, and Toorah
Nephew of Shenshen
Uncle of Korafay
Adoptive uncle of Shukopek
Lovemate of Jink and Nokkah

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 pm

I can't understand the purpose of him in the story.

It seems like so much of the final quest has been checking items off the list so they could wrap it up, why introduce this new character right at the end?

It makes sense to say that Elfquest was ultimately about Cutter, and it should end with his death. I can live with that. But then why this new offspring? It feels like they want to end with Cutter's death, but still have him around someway.

Thinking about it though, there are all these other characters that were introduced without much point or use in the story. Makes me think that they are purposely leaving it open either just for the fans, or for them to add more at some point.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Because Recognition happens completely at random (except when you get a little help from a friend lovemate Nightfall Redlance SMile )

Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 3:05 pm

My theory is that they were introducing cutlet so that they can later reveal that Cutter has chosen to go into the body of his own son. They originally planned Strongbow and Moonshade as a mother-son pairing but it was too much, so obviously now that they've got their gay love match checked off they need to continue pushing the envelope.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Or... maybe they just introduced "Cutlet" (aka "Chad") because they thought it would be rather cool/sweet if Cutter and Leetah had another cub.

Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Chad? I can't see that without thinking "hanging chad."

I feel less like they thought it would be cool/sweet, but just kind of a manipulative gimmick to make Cutter's death that much more emotional. Instead of providing an engaging narrative.

At first I was going to suggest that maybe Cutlet was the spirit of Ember and Teir's denied Recognition, because as it's been pointed out, if a spirit was kicked out by Timmain, it had 10,000 years to push its way into another Recognition. But then Cutter's conception was the only time that the body and spirit weren't formed together.

Makes me think it'd be interesting, if there was a displaced spirit out there in search of a "shell", what if it had found One-eye's empty shell?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 5:27 am

You know, you don't have to be critical about everything about Final Quest.
Introducing random background characters that doesn't really serve a purpose to the overall plot is something that has been done right from the beginning.

As for whose "Cutlet's" spirit is; I'm pretty sure it's his own, born/created at the time of his conception. That's when I think elf spirits are born/created - seriously don't know what would be the correct term - at the time of conception, not the time of Recogntion.
The case of Cutter, well... the "Tam-half" of Timmain's spirit just became the spirit of the newly created cub, with no other spirit being created/born.

And One-Eye's empty shell? I'm pretty sure it was eaten by wolves. Hungry Wolf

Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 9:41 am

I agree with Ember. I don't think taking over another's body would be something Cutter would do. He had always accepted his mortality, and his last word says it all. 'Perfect.'

However, I have some other questions to ask you all, and I am asking them here, since this is "Cutlet's" character topic.

Since Cutter and Leetah's youngest child is pretty much a blank slate... I am curious. If you could name him, what name would you choose? What would his personality be like? Would he have magic and if yes, what kind?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 3:20 pm

The name - something with ...path. Or Bladerunner. Or a combinded name of Sunfolk and Wolfrider (like Samael Dreamkeeper).

Raised by "the tribe" mostly. Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? _17_go11#17 found

Partly anxious, partly annoyed by hearing "just like Cutter" all the time and being supposed to live to these expectations. Almost opposed to magic because he don't want to be compared with Sunstream either. Not getting along well with his Chief sister Ember. Not at all. Whether he rejects to be raised as "blood of 8 and 4 chiefs" or will challenge her for chieftainship some day not even he knows.

He has sleeping, unadmitted magic of the "healing" range - not necessarily a healer, tho. And only Dre-Ahn knows. XD
... hmmm - treeshaper maybe?

Totally pissed off that there was neither an agemate to play with nor is a lovemate in sight besides Freertouch. He's longing for a relationship like Scouter and Dewshine had.

I've tried. It doesn't work. Not enough imagination or curiosity left. Sad
I could have made up an opposite description with the same right.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 4:32 pm

I, on the other hand, thinks he gets along quite fine with his big sister, and indeed big sisters - Shuna included.

In many ways his way of approaching life is a bit like his big brother; "I'll be what I'll be", if someday he's required to be chief he'll accept the mantle, if not he'll find some other role.

He doesn't care much about being the "baby of the bunch" (except when Korafay comes to visit and she refers to him as "My very young uncle" - he likes to point out he's her only uncle!)

However, he's a bit creeped out by Trinket's crush on him...

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
He doesn't care much about being the "baby of the bunch" (except when Korafay comes to visit and she refers to him as "My very young uncle" - he likes to point out he's her only uncle!)
XD ... Like

Redhead Ember wrote:
However, he's a bit creeped out by Trinket's crush on him...
Trinket rofl

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 5:21 am

Btw... what's your reasoning for saying that there's no lovemate in sight (besides Freetouch)?

Nobody close to his age?

Everybody has already been paired up with someone?

Coz when did the elves start caring about either of those?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 3:15 pm

COZ ... this version of Cutlet does.
Embala wrote:
Totally pissed off that there was neither a agemate to play with nor a lovemate in sight besides Freertouch. He's longing for a relationship like Scouter and Dewshine had.
He has his own idea of the elf he wants to share with. Someone young, of his own age ... discovering the wonders of life and first love together.

Just like Skywise prefers what the girls have and Dart what the boys offer - this Cutlet is looking for an equal. An agemate.

I could make up half a dozen others. Or other fans can think of him in a different way. We speculate. We imagine. All is possible.

Even the first elf who isn't interested in a tumble in the furs at all! Twisted Evil

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Embala wrote:

Even the first elf who isn't interested in a tumble in the furs at all! Twisted Evil

You know, I kind of like this idea.

Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? Sigimage
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 1:10 am

Second! Canon EQ need a confirmed asexual elf!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 3:23 pm

I wasn't kind to "my" Cutlet ... only telling what he dislikes. And nothing he enjoys ...

So ... he likes -
- hanging around with Pike and Yun.
- with Pike because he loves to listen to stories of ancient times
- ... and stories about his father, too *ssh... don't tell the others*
- and with Yun because he's attracted by the pod ship's promising possibilities - and because Yun teaches him to read the stars.
Journeys. Wandering ... strolling around. He loves stories about Freefoot! ^^

Last edited by Embala on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Maybe this youngster will have unexpected gifts like his older brother Sunstream does.

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 7:50 am

I'd name him Lightstep, I think. Maybe the elven word for it, like Ahnshu, or whatever step is?

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 11:53 am

Anshu is the surname of the former boss of the Deutsche Bank. The guy doesn't really look like Cutlet, though XD
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Anshu ... rofl Let's stick with Cutlet in this case. ^^

... or Lightstep. Somehow it goes well with the Freefoot connection I've drawn. ^^
Though ... Lightstep sounds very familiar to me, Startear. Was it ... Leetah's name in Outlier's AU? Still strangely fitting then. Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? Empty

Back to top Go down

Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next