Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Tree and Lobster

Go down 
+12
G0lden
Evil Evie
Embala
Redhead Ember
Nibblet
Trollbabe
Stormcatcher
TrollHammer
Kindredsoul
MrsGrizzley
Kojiyumi
Elwing
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyThu May 18, 2023 3:29 am

Where are we?
When are we?
Who are we?
Why are we?

Guess there's only one way to find out!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 4:50 am

*Shifts the T&L into neutral to do some caosting on the currents of time and space* I found them, man that banana can dance! No missing Red there!

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 12:23 am

*Sounds of remodeling somewhere in the T&L*

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 3:47 am

It's me! We need a drumset!

Back to top Go down
Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 2:29 am

We had a few the last time we went through the TCI zone. Though personally I prefer bongos myself. Much more fun.

Though have you seen Trollhammer ?

Oh hello G0lden dear, how have you been ? I will be a respectable captain and only ask how have you been and not where have you been becasuse I have learned the hard way that asking the second question instead of the first question normally explains why I keep getting decked.

So how are you doing G0lden ?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 12:35 pm

17 5 69 65 2

Now we can get the party started!

Bearclaw n Picknose Cutter n Picknose

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 1:34 am

*pulls a 4 stringed instrument out from Hammerspace(TM)*

Need a Bassist?

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 6:37 pm

Ah hello Hammer, one year no see! How you been ?

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 1:58 am

Still falling victim to the whole temporal vortex of doubt and disappointment, but Eddies in the current and I was able to break away. I seem to be at a disadvantage: any metal brought near me tends to set things off on another meander, which really puts a crimp on my forge work. But I can share a mug of brew with a friend!

Is there still some of Ol Maggoty's finest around, perhaps with a plate of something munchable?

I could ask how you have been, but I find it much more interesting and grammatically soothing to ask what or who someone has been, dont you?

Checking the ships log, it seems we were tasked with coming up with a destination idea. In my involuntary bouncing around through eleven some odd million years and over 12 and a half parsecs (which doesnt seem like much, but when you sit still and time moves around you, it ends up sweeping quite a bit by you), I came across this quaint little world that seems to be perpetually in a medeval water empire. It seems that, long ago, the conditions for fossil fuels never occured and so they never developed anything more than horse drawn carriages and the occasional steam powered boat, since wood and water seems plentiful. They seem to run in a odd class system based on ability and talent instead of wealth or political power... though really whats the difference between a bard and a politician? Anyway, there seems to be a little bit of magic there, various bars and guilds to explore, and endless forests full of old artifacts and strange creatures. The people dont automatically lash out or try to cure someone of my own green complexion and seem fairly amiable, and there is very little metal. Indeed, guilds pay for services with unusual gifts, such as magical devices or exotic animals. I didnt get to spend all that much time there before a vortex tore me away once more, but it seemed ok. Theres other places too, just not many with bunny slippers that actually hop onto your feet by themselves.

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 2:44 am

Ah yes, the perils of time and weird vertoxes vertexes ? vataxes ?? Whatever. Maybe I should reask that, When have you been or about to be ?

*Offers a mug* Havent seen hide nor hair of Old Magg, a good brewer there; got Jack Daniels though...

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 3:06 am

Are we having a party? Aren't we always? Well...

The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f377 The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f378 The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f379 The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f37a

Alcohol-free versions are of course also available.

And let's not forget the food:

The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f355 The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f35f The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f354 The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f36b The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f369 The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f357 The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f382

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 2:15 pm

Hmm... it was never clear whether or not Dreamberry Brew was fermented or not, something tells me ol Bearclaw would have been too blitzed from the dreamberry effect to care about if its getting him drunk... or wait, is that the "forgetter juice" or whatever it was Picknose slipped him...?

Regardless, I just want something tasty. Empty vacuum leaves much to be desired. Ill have what you're having if nothing else, and a snack.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 2:52 am

I suppose we also shouldn't forget the healthier stuff:

The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f34f The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f34e The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f33d The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f345 The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 1f349

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 9:34 am

I think the forgetter juice was dreamberry wine. The elves didn’t know how to make wine.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 9:35 am

Or maybe it was laced with that sleep powder— maybe he got roofied

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 2:15 am

Thats what I always had the impression of, that he loved the drink, half the reason he would spend so much time with the trolls, but that they added something more to make him effectively black out during a bet. It might have been the wine itself though, I just figured he favored dreamberries so much that they wouldnt affect him that much... and I just realized deamberries should have the opposite effect on him: he lives in the now normally, but deamberries we created to release a Wolfrixer from the Now of wolfthought, which would otherwise cause them not to remember... dreamberries help them remember, so it must have been a roofie.

*eyes own drink for a moment, then shrugs*

Hows it going, Luna? Seems like its been a few moons. For me at least. Hope its all going well?

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 2:31 am

I dunno about all that, But I do know where we can find some mighty fine wine right off the vine if you ask me. Then again I am not sure you want to go to 319M41. Its a fun year let me tell you

*Picks up the outrageous captains hat and jacket off a rack nearby and pouts them on, looking like something out of Warhammer 40,000* Its where I got these, fun times really

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 2:38 pm

Suits you!

Back to top Go down
Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 6:52 pm

*While looking snazzy in his new suit* Why thankee, and yes it does

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 11:14 am

All this talk of clothing and questionably strong drinks od dubius origins gets me to wondering...

If a person's timeline, or series of life events, can be viewed as the threads of fate, would my threads look like lace, or drier lint?

*looks mopy a moment before ordering another two rounds of drinks for everyone present and otherwise, and hangs a pinata up, handing out sticks.*

So, here's how we play it back home: everyone gets a stick, and yer on yer honor to close yer eyes. No blindfolds. You go when you like, and when the candy and prizes start to fall out, its up to you to decide when to go after them, considering theres usuall several sticks swinging around while there's good sfuff left. And let me tell ya, theres spme pretty good stuff in this one... *grinning*

(Edit: I hope I didnt mess things up again, ignore me if so)

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 9:44 pm

Hammer, I believe everyone has a belief in something, and I believe I need another beer. However, your question poses a interesting way of answering.

Namely, your threasds of fate might as well be as if a glass blower with the hiccupesd tried to maske an hour glass for you only for an earthquake to occur the same time he tried. So the Fates dont know if your life is over, just starting, or if you're even who you're supposed to be

Let alone When you're supposed to be

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 10:06 pm

*meanders out of the head where she's been taking up the majority of hot water for a considerable amount of time*

It's amazing how the cleanly void of space can still make you need a hot shower. Well, things are looking lively.

*grabs a drink and ducks out of the way of swinging stick*

what's with all the philosophical talk about fate all about? Is fate even a thing? Is anything fated to begin with? Or is it something we create out of a child's cat's cradle to tangle ourselves up in for comfort? It can be such a more dreadful thing to imagine that nothing but our own choices alone separate us from...well... *swig*

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 9:04 pm

Well kinda explains the reason behind why the water tank is needed refilling.... No seriously hello Evive I forgot you were in there, we didnt block up the door too much I hope

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 11:36 pm

Oh, no worries, I was in there for quite a while. And the only thing you were blocking was all of the steam I created, which created a wonderful sauna effect. I'm glad the hot water held out for so long. I really needed that.

By the way, I think the ceiling might be starting to sag in there. Might want to have that looked at...

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 11:55 am

*sips (read gulps) from the backpack pouch for a moment. The backpack isnt filled with water, nor is it watered down, if you catch my meaning. Still waxing philisophically while twirling a stick absentmindedly like a conductor's baton*

Well as to fate vs free will, it has been my experience that both perspectives are generally true. I can choose to play along with or against fate, and I am fated to make choices whether I want to or not. For example, I must eat ic I choose to live, but what shall I eat? This plate of brownies has been set before me *pulls a plate of brownies from Hammer Space an places is on the table in front of myself* and i can choose to eat them or find something else *eyes piƱata*, or I can choose to starve to death... ...my fate is to choose my fate.

*about that time, in the background, a line from the jukebox plays out ...if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..."

*grabs a brownie* so why fight it, when those glistening choco chunks are eyeing me with such pleading eyes to help them find purpose and meet their fate... in my mouth... *bites into brownie*

Anyone want to help? There are plenty of them....

Did you do the whole shower-bath-shower Evie, or just the bath via drenching in the shower? Either is great, feels way better than trying to let meteor dust blast me clean in the vacuum of space... those things sting.

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tree and Lobster
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next