Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts

Go down 
+18
Tynami
Tymber
Prism
Lunakat
Yeee
Startear
G0lden
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Embala
Nibblet
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
IceTooth
Sorandril [BANNED]
Outlier
Redhead Ember
Trollbabe
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:10 pm

Some of the products that people here are missing can be made simply with bleach and ammonia. Both are readily available here now.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Gonna be slammed at work this weekend. We're the only place still having the holiday fireworks. State opened all playgrounds today. Pretty much everything is open except for the zoo. Should prove interesting

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Santa_10Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Downlo23Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Av_cut10Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 12:36 am

Poor Kin! I will pray the goddess has mercy!

I heard fireworks a bit earlier and people screaming. Partying has already started. It's gonna be an interesting weekend.

And a more interesting two weeks.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 2:00 am

Went to the Target for the first time in 4 wks. to get a few things. They have a nice whiteboard at the entrance that lets you know what is not in stock. Very hardy and hopefully help the employees not to have to answer the same question over and over again.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 9:51 am

G0lden wrote:
They have a nice whiteboard at the entrance that lets you know what is not in stock.  Very hardy and hopefully help the employees not to have to answer the same question over and over again.

Sure wish we had that.  They should also write that sales floor employees don't know anything about shipping schedules.

Last edited by Trollbabe on Fri May 22, 2020 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 10:54 am

More on preventing infection, from the US Center for Disease Control via the Washington Post newspaper:

Virus does not spread easily on surfaces

Several days ago, a veterinary nurse told me that animals contract Coronavirus from humans, not from each other, and that humans hadn't gotten the virus from animals.

Even though this disease is spread between people, I continue to use disinfectants at work and at home.  Two facts about cleaning elude many of our customers.

One is the difference between surface cleaners and disinfectants.  Cleaners don't kill germs, and disinfectants don't remove dirt.  For this reason, the instructions on disinfectants often say to apply to non-food surfaces, then leave on, sometimes for ten minutes.

The second is that it isn't wise to snatch up a bottle of commercial chemicals you see lying around, ignore the label, and then spray it on your bare hands.  We wear gloves when we handle our disinfectants.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Our sweet little niece sent us a set of six washable masks to wear!

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:59 pm

I'm glad Em sent me single-use masks (which I use until they get whiffy) as I had to improvise by wrapping my face with scarves. Still can't breathe through them for more than 10 mins as I've been suffering from asthma since early childhood.

Means I can't go any further than 5 kms. Not a happy owl.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 10:02 pm

I finally got two washable masks for my son.  They cover his face better with his beard.  The one's I ordered for myself hopefully by the end of the week.

Now to get a few more groceries and some tp.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 10:16 pm

Awww... yeah for your niece, Trollbabe! Very Happy And yeah for fitting masks, G0lden! cheers

Glad I could help a bit, Storm. *hugs*

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Tp, a done deal. Too warm to get groceries, I'll do that tomorrow.

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 5:10 am

Virus is starting to take a backseat to other issues.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 10:11 pm

I think that the frustration over the Coronavirus quarantines and job losses created an environment that was ripe for civil unrest.  At the same time, many Americans who were temporarily out of work and school had more freedom to engage in peaceful protest, and to engage in discussion. People react to bad times in different ways.

My Trollhubby is back in the hospital again, improving and feeling better today.  This is his third hospitalization this year.  He fell down and was too weak to get up.  I called 911 after we determined he was too incapacitated to be left alone.

All three experiences were different.  The first time, the pandemic had not taken hold in the USA, and things were normal.

The second time, the hospital was locked down and I was not allowed into the building at all.  All of my interaction was either by phone, or with an attendant outside the only access door.

This time, I can enter the building after I am screened and banded.  The wristband is marked with the day's date and Trollhubby's room number.  Only one person may visit per day, but they can make multiple visits.

When Trollhubby arrived by ambulance on Thursday afternoon, two sections of the hospital had been shut down because of the pandemic.

In the ER, the adult rooms were full.  Patients not connected to monitors and IVs waited on gurneys in the hallway. Occasionally I could here children crying in the pediatric section, and somebody vomiting.

The staff said Trollhubby would be admitted as an inpatient.  Rooms had to be disinfected, and as he was in no immediate distress, I knew it would be a while.  After eight hours, we realized he was not going to get a regular room before bedtime.

His ER room was private and comfortable, although very small, and had a TV and an attached bathroom.  The nurse ordered his meals as the ER rooms have no phones.

It was 27 hours before he was moved to a regular hospital room.  After that, things were normal except that I have to be screened and banded every day on my initial visit.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun May 31, 2020 1:34 am

A fast recovery to Trollhubby. It's good you can visit again, Trollbabe. Hug

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun May 31, 2020 5:23 am

Oh my, poor Trollhubby, not again. I hope, he can come out of there soon.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Courts12Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Rayhan26Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Rayhan27Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun May 31, 2020 1:19 pm

Hope the hubby gets well soon.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun May 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Yay! Hubby is home!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun May 31, 2020 8:08 pm

cheers Happy with you and your husband, Trollbabe! Very Happy

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 am

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Courts12Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Rayhan26Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Rayhan27Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:40 pm

Yay that he's home!

Rescued a juvenile dove a while back. I think she'd flown into the windows at work and then sat in the hot sun for a while. When I found her she was limp and unresponsive. Eight hours later she was just barely able to drag herself around. She couldn't use one of her legs, though it didn't seem broken, the other one was also weak.

Fast forward a month with lots of food, vitamins, rest, and baby talk, and she's fat and walking fine and is just super chill. Eurasian collared doves are invasive (event release doves) and out-compete our smaller native doves, so she'll just be staying with us being her cute self.

It's been very good and peaceful for mental health to see this little bird turn around when the rest of the world is a game of Jumanji.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:16 am

Kojiyumi wrote:
Eurasian collared doves are invasive (event release doves) and out-compete our smaller native doves, so she'll just be staying with us being her cute self.

I'm glad to hear that. Releasing balloons, butterflies and doves became trendy some time ago. People didn't think about the consequences to wildlife and to the environment.

The beach and backyard toys on sale now include clusters of water-filled latex balloons, and guns that launch large soft pellets. I hope people have the presence of mind to teach their kids to clean up afterwards, and to teach their children to do the same.

Trollhubby went to the doctor yesterday for a follow-up visit. He was feeling okay, just weak.

They decided he needed a transfusion, and admitted him. I don't know when he will be home, but if you are keeping count, this is his fourth time in the hospital this year.

This time he got a room right away. I went through the usual screening and wrist-banding, but things are getting back to normal.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 2:40 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
It's been very good and peaceful for mental health to see this little bird turn around when the rest of the world is a game of Jumanji.
This gives a warm and happy feeling. sunny I live your attitude to rescue whoever needs help, Koji, and to care for native nature at the same time.

Sending best wishes for a fast and effective treatment, Trollbabe. I hope your dear husband will come home soon to stay well.
Glad to read that things start to normalize.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Thank you, Embala!!

Peace to all.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:16 pm

Trollhubby came home this week for the fourth time. I told my friends that I think they are secretly harvesting his organs.

Warm weather is making it possible for people to enjoy outdoor activities, after being stuck inside.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 6:31 am

I guess AZ is now becoming a hotspot and our gov is just shrugging and going "Learn to live with it, it's not going away."

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next