Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen? Empty
PostSubject: The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?   The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 12:56 pm

I listened to the first few episode's of the audio movie (ie podcast drama) that was done of Elfquest. It actually wasn't half bad and I need to go back and finish it.

I think they ended it back in November, before the start of the main quest story line (I feel like they always do that, they never leave sorrows end in these adaptations)

I was wondering if anyone else has listened to it and had any thought. Sending
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?   The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 1:17 pm

I listened to the first episode, kind of liked it, but never got around to listening to the rest. I don't think the audio movie's at fault though - I'm just not good with audio stuff in general. I listened to maybe four or five of the EQ podcasts. I've never listened to an audiobook, I don't like podcasts in general. I don't even listen to music very often. (I do have a radio that I listen to almost every night, but it is more like background noise to help me sleep.)

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?   The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 2:01 pm

I almost have something in my ear, so I'll go back to it sooner then later. At least you gave it a try, especially since your not that into audio only.

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?   The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 3:48 pm

There was a free episode to listen to in the summer, so I listened to it. But all these voices didn't really fit into my head cinema. The voices of the wolf riders except for Cutter were ok for me. But all the rest: nope

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?   The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 9:21 am

First of all, I think it's great how much effort and special effects they have put into this audio movie...I listened to some episodes and was impressed. However, I also had some differently sounding elves in my own 'head movie'. Nice to read, I'm not alone with this 'dilemma'. Maybe that's why I wasn't very eager to finish listening..plus, I never got used to podcasts or audio books in the past, too! So relatable...but reading? Always.

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?   The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 9:19 pm

Like I said, I definitely haven't finished it yet. It was no where near engaging enough for me to keep listening for a full stretch. I found the voice actor choices a mixed bag as well. Some I liked...others....

While I like podcasts a lot, Im stricter with audio dramas and I'm not too big of a fan of narration. I grew up with a great audio series that almost never used narration to convey scenes. Still, they did a good job with it overall.

PostSubject: Re: The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?   The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Elfquest Audio Movie -anyone listen?
Page 1 of 1