Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your ElfQuest name?

Go down 
+6
wolfmoonsky
Stormcatcher
Leanan
Embala
Yeee
Tymber
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

What is your ElfQuest name? Empty
PostSubject: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:42 am

According to this?

Enter your first and last name - and get your ElfQuest name.

http://elfquest.com/name/yourelfname.html

I got...

Tanlog.

Not all that great. Laughing

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 8:25 am

Thanks for the link, this is funny to play with.
Oh no, it is "Autumnmelter" , what the f***?!
Thankful I have more forenames, the second "Aneret" -name becomes "Redmelter", ok sounds better , but is senseless.
The third is: "Evemelter" (With firemagic I melt the eve and call for the night! Hah! Razz ) , hm "Icemelter" would be better but ok.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 9:22 am

I got ...

Alderseer
Eveseer
Chaseseer

... not so bad. ^^ Would stick with the first one.
Yes, I've got three frist names to choose, too. Troll Tongue

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 9:27 am

I got Highlace Razz

Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 9:48 am

Toadstoolhunter. Thanks very much, I'll better look for a job at Old Maggoty's Potions & Poisons Shop then...

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 10:48 am

I got Roottear.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 2:22 pm

Jayweaver.
I love jays, but how does one weave them? You weave clothes, right? Not birds? Question

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 2:36 pm

Not necessarily a sensible meaning if you look at it in ehe literal way, Sifra , but ...

First two hits I got on google:
Quote :
The meaning of the jay symbolizes the next great adventure, your life's true passion, the truth that you seek, and your endless imagination. The jay meaning also brings forth your energy, curiosity, vision, and determination. ... The jay spirit animal also represents vibrancy and clarity.
and the meaning of Jay Symbolism. Would some of this makes sense or describes you / your elf character, Sifra?

Then this would stand for the first part of your name and ... the selfevident second means you are the tribe's weaver. Fixed. ^^

I like trees - why not an alder as part of my name. Might even refer to my (elfin!) look or to the fact that alders are among the first to bud after whitecold. And being considered a seer within my tribe can hint a special function or magic skill. Smile That's how I understand the meaning of Alderseer.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 2:42 pm

I know who would be Pachcoiler and Jayhare! Shocked Weird!

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:08 pm

I didn't know elf names could be symbolic. I never really gave it much thought.
I'm not sure the jay symbolism fits me, but I like to think it fits my elf character. Sounds like she is an interesting character! I like the idea of being a weaver. That sounds like something I could do.

Embala wrote:
Not necessarily a sensible meaning if you look at it in ehe literal way, Sifra , but ...

First two hits I got on google:
Quote :
The meaning of the jay symbolizes the next great adventure, your life's true passion, the truth that you seek, and your endless imagination. The jay meaning also brings forth your energy, curiosity, vision, and determination. ... The jay spirit animal also represents vibrancy and clarity.
and the meaning of Jay Symbolism. Would some of this makes sense or descrabes you / your elf character, Sifra?

Then this would stand for the first part of your name and ... the selfevident second means you are the tribe's weaver. Fixed. ^^

I like trees - why not an alder as part of my name. Might even refer to my (elfin!) look or to the fact that alders are among the first to bud after whitecold. And being considered a seer within my tribe can hint a special function or magic skill. Smile That's how I understand the meaning of Alderseer.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:38 pm

Very Happy Sounds like this is less unsatisfying for you now, Sifra.

Even Cutter's name holds a symbolic meaning. From elfquest.com :
Quote :
... His tribe name reflects his ability to cut to the heart of things as much as it does his impressive skill with a sword. ...

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:59 pm

At least everyone got pretty cool names - although @Stormcatcher had me laughing.

For me, when I think of tanlog... I think of poop. Which... swell.

I guess I will join @Stormcatcher with the trolls.

But I suppose Tanlog could just literally mean an actual log which is tan in color... which... most logs are.

Well, tan or brown. I guess it could have been worse if I got Brownlog....

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 4:12 pm

Patchcoiler

Patch: a piece of cloth or other material used to mend or strengthen a torn or weak point.
To coil: to roll or twist into a shape resembling a coil.

Yep. Why not..

Fortunately, I never depend on such.. erm.. 'programs'.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 4:59 pm

Embala wrote:
I know who would be Pachcoiler and Jayhare! Shocked Weird!

You mean PC and I? Lol.

The program seems to trigger off of (up to) the first two letters of each name entered. You can literally just enter only the first two letters and get the same result (though in the Js its apparently less imaginative), if you are worried about your name being out in the wild. This also means someone can only reverse it and get the first two letters of the names you entered. I like the second try better, though a sticky rabbit named Maplehare would probably be caught by the wolfriders and slurped down pretty quick. Lol

The tale of Maplehare is short and sweet, dating back to Mantricker's time. He was only seven turns of the seasons when he caught his first ravvit, and he wished to make an extra special treat of it for his tribesmates. He searched for beesweets, but he could not find any that hadnt been rummaged by the numerous bears that had no hunter yet. He searched far and wide, dragging that dead ravvit around around the forest, but to no avail. He finally sat down next to a tree, and started to carve a map into it's bark. The tree oozed sap out of the cuts, and made quite the mess. The sap got on his knife and fingers and finally he gave up, his stomach winning out over his desire for taste. He skinned the ravvit and after realising it was a poor excuse for a snack for a wolf, much less the pack, he ate it himself. The sap on his fingers from the tree mixed with the flesh of the ravvit, and made it sweet. After some experimentation, he found that he enjoyed the tree sap soaking the ravvit, and collected some to take back to the tribe.

He never made it though... The sweet-seeking bears sniffed out his trail and ate him before he made it back to the tribe. So ended the short life of of Maplehare.

If anyone wants, theres an online random word generator that is more "fiction friendly", though isnt EQ-centric. Im sure there are many but I can post the one Im thinking of if anyone wants.

Last edited by TrollHammer on Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oh yeah...)
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 5:58 pm

Poor Maplehare! I liked that name it is cute!
Moonlights name is "Leapmelter" and Lilypads name is "Maplemelter" Razz

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 4:23 pm

How about "Leapmoon" for Moonlight? ^^ (used her screen name as last name)

PCoquelin wrote:
Fortunately, I never depend on such.. erm.. 'programs'.
Thinking of this ... I only need my true names to form rather elfquesty anagrams:

- Amulet - for a Human
- Imreal - for an Elf (I'm real ^^)
- Nicer Shit - for a Troll XD
- and Legis from my last name for Question

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 8:18 pm

I got Pearleapper, my daughter Rainthorwen got Maplepear.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 3:19 am

Tynami wrote:
...my daughter Rainthorwen got Maplepear.

(Is imaginng a maple seed the size of a pear, with a helicopter petal appropriately sized, dropping from the sky, whirling with enough speed and force residents are required to stay inside during wind storms during that time of the year)

(Further analysis of the name generator:
It is interesting what words trigger off of what letters. As this is a "Wolfrider name generator" I have to wonder if the seeded names were based on all characters considered, or if a pool of random words will pulled and filtered for what "sounded" wolfriderish?

Just going from AA AA to AN AN, what I found was:
If there isnt a 2 letter match with the list, then just go with first letter.
In this case, firstname A results in Autumn and lastname A results in Axe.
If the first two letters match a word on the list of firstname words or lastname words, use that word.
Between AA and AN I found 5 names for firstname and 4 for last name.

Conceivably, if there were two lost words sharing the first two letters, then it would carry to the third letter, but the list seems sparse enough this seems unlikely.

None of this matters in the slightest. It does beg the question: if it is based on projected wolfrider names, or possible ones, whst kind of characters would some of these been? Alder-, -Air-, -Ant? Who would they have been?

Last edited by TrollHammer on Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 4:52 pm

"How about "Leapmoon" for Moonlight? ^^ (used her screen name as last name)"

sounds better Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your ElfQuest name?   What is your ElfQuest name? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your ElfQuest name?
Page 1 of 1