Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Venka (two sides of epic-ness)

Go down 
+3
Lunakat
Kindredsoul
ChristinaRaibert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) Empty
PostSubject: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Here's a beautiful character who defines it all

Powerful, both as an individual, as well as with her magic
Strong and Fierce
Graceful and Gentle
Wise
Adventurous
Kind and Compassionate

The list goes on and on....

Venka has proven herself at an early age that she's capable of taking on just about anything, as well as anyone. So here's a thread devoted to discussions about her.  

It came to mind to start one now due a discussion in Rayek's thread. We all know that he carries the burden of containing Winnowill's spirit in check. But I have to wonder...

When Venka was just a babe, even at such an early age, she was able to thwart off Winnowill's sendings in order to save herself, her mother, Aroree, and Tyldak.

She continued doing so throughout her youth in KotBW

So.... why is Rayek handling his burden on his own, when all already know that Winnowill is TERRIFIED of Venka?.... as we saw her scream that Venka could take away her freedom...

I'm not saying that Venka should be doing so on her own, as Rayek is... But with what father and daughter are capable of doing, and if they did so together... couldn't they find another way to deal with the black snake without Rayek having Winowill as a constant non stop migraine?

Thoughts?

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:35 pm

That's something I've wondered often too... maybe Rayek didn't want to shackle Venka to his wanderings and let her free to follow her own path? Still, now that she's learned about Kahvi's demise, I could see her trying to get in touch with her sire and find a solution to the Winnowill problem (of course, we know from the previews that it's probably gonna be Rayek who finds the Go-Backs and not the other way around - but this is a scenario I could have very well seen happening otherwise).

It's so great to finally see her come into her own as chieftess of the Go-Backs! Very Happy I think she'll be quite badass against the misfit trolls in the next issue!

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"
Sunstream and Brill, 1999 "Lovemates" Calendar
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:27 am

She'll definitely be badass, but in her own way too. She's such a deeply developed character, and one of my favorites too...

I'm hoping with her as their chieftess now, the Go-Backs get a bit more recognition and praise time in the story.... I never thought they got enough throughout the EQ storyline Razz

And here's another question... if Recognition comes to play, who would be an interesting match?

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:28 am

For Venka? Hmm... Spine.

Marina.yurk

Marina.yurk

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 12:55 am

Venka was never my favourite. But I recognize that she is a personality extraordinary. Too quiet. Straight line.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 9:06 am

Venka  ... this was Venka's thread, opened by Joselle, on the old Scroll of Colors. Follow original discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Venka's bio page on Elfquest.com. 16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) _16_ve11#16 found

Last edited by Embala on Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:31 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:14 am

'Character Bio':
Venka (f)  Venka

Alive (leaving) – immortal
Daughter of Rayek and Kahvi
Sister of Vaya and Teir
Granddaughter of Two-Spear, Willowgreen, Jarrah, and Ingen
Lovemate of Zhantee, Cutter and Mirff
Mother of Satreeka

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptySat May 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Love this bit from TV Tropes:

Quote :
Rayek and Kahvi. Their daughter should have been a thermonuclear bomb, but she turns out to be a serene mystic. Go figure...

But, as it's so eloquently put in Shards 16:

Quote :
Rayek and Kahvi... what a heritage! Only the unusual could come of it.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Wed May 03, 2023 12:06 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) EmptySun May 13, 2018 10:44 am

I like how her sending looks like very bright 'light" when she is using her blocking magic. In comparison normal sending looks like a white star and Winnowill's sending like a black star.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venka (two sides of epic-ness)   16 - Venka (two sides of epic-ness) Empty

Back to top Go down

Venka (two sides of epic-ness)
Page 1 of 1