Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #11

Go down 
+31
ErinC1978
Davrille
sun girl
Lunakat
m0nkeyh0use
Paranthropus
Trollbabe
Wisp
Tam
Vaeri
Tenderleaf
G0lden
Soreyes
Josine
willderbeast
Arthis
Redhead Ember
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
Tymber
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Embala
Stargazer
wingthing
Elwing
Outlier
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunakat

Lunakat

2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:10 pm

She's playing in the sand. Just like any kid who builds a sandcastle.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 6:04 pm

I didn't think she had magical powers either, I thought she was just building a sandcastle....plus Wavedancers seem to like pretty things so it looks perfectly in character for them to do decorative stuff which is somewhat useless for survival but aesthetically pleasing.

2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 8:01 pm

Ya! It does look as if she is "shaping" the sand though... there's a magical seeming glow around it. But I don't think it's a super complicated think. If she is using magic-- she's just using it to build a sandfish, again-- like any kid playing with sand. Yes, you are right-- the Wavedancers do seem to like decorated things!

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 4:26 am

According to the official bio she is a rockshaper.

Could she use her powers to battle the human ships? Raise the rocks to ground the ships.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 4:40 am

I don't see why she couldn't, but she'd need a source to build from. Which shouldn't be all that difficult. But if they're not building a coral reef to ground the ships, I doubt they're building a rock version. Pike Stunned
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:19 am

How do you know they aren't building a coral reef to ground the ships? Or at least would be, if Snakeskin was there. Which I kinda hope he eventually will be; he's chief, seems kinda wrong for him to just hide out in the Holt while his tribe faces potential destruction.

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Elwing wrote:

Finally looked at it, the trainwreck gets bigger with every new book.

You're not surprised, right?

Redhead Ember wrote:
Could she use her powers to battle the human ships? Raise the rocks to ground the ships.
Tam wrote:
I don't see why she couldn't, but she'd need a source to build from. Which shouldn't be all that difficult. But if they're not building a coral reef to ground the ships, I doubt they're building a rock version. Pike Stunned

I don't think, even the best shapers, can just surge rock shaping so quickly?

I personally think Wendy is "cleaning house" of things that she didn't care for in her world, by other writers, and just saving the ones she wants. (Which I wouldn't fault her for... I'd just expect it to flow better).

2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 pm

Tymber wrote:

Redhead Ember wrote:
Tam wrote:

I don't think, even the best shapers, can just surge rock shaping so quickly?

I personally think Wendy is "cleaning house" of things that she didn't care for in her world, by other writers, and just saving the ones she wants. (Which I wouldn't fault her for... I'd just expect it to flow better).

Oh, certainly not. No, I meant something more long-term, like Longfin would have to swim down to the sea floor and start building from there, at usual rockshaper speeds...not like, "oh hey, there's a ship, let me pull up a rock-spear from the bottom of the ocean!"

And I agree, it feels like Wendy is cleaning house...but I wish she'd just declare them Worldpool instead of...this.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Tam wrote:

And I agree, it feels like Wendy is cleaning house...but I wish she'd just declare them Worldpool instead of...this.

Well, because of DISCOVERY (which is cannon), they can't really be considered Worldpool, since she acknowledged their existence in Discovery. So now, she's got the ones she wants to keep - and then she can wipe out the rest (and if she wants, later, create a new brand of Sea Elves, from the ones she has saved, and that way it's all under her control again).

That's my going theory anyway.

(Granted I never liked the Sea Elves, so...)

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:00 pm

What larger purpose serves Brill, Snakeskin and Korafay so far? If it was just about Sunstream recognising someone, she could've sticked with a small wandering group. This way the 'not changes/outsider' guy could have been included as well

Unless the main purpose of the Wavedancers is to usher the departure of the elves by getting massacred

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:36 am

I think that will be their purpose

They are a collective Ruffel!

Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 5:11 am

Tymber wrote:
Tam wrote:

Well, because of DISCOVERY (which is cannon), they can't really be considered Worldpool, since she acknowledged their existence in Discovery. So now, she's got the ones she wants to keep - and then she can wipe out the rest (and if she wants, later, create a new brand of Sea Elves, from the ones she has saved, and that way it's all under her control again).

That's my going theory anyway.

(Granted I never liked the Sea Elves, so...)

I understand that Skywise Wink But like Miss Gillespie said, it's not like Brill is super special, Sunstream could have Recognized anyone. They'll probably be a group-Ruffel, which sucks. Discovery didn't even need to be made, though I love the story. I just wish she'd devote as much time to the rest of the Wavedancers as she did to Discovery.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 2:49 pm

I think that what's going to happen (just a wild guess) will be that a bunch of wave dancers are killed with guns-- Brill feels it (because they are all linked together), Sunstream feels it through Brill, and this spurs Sunstream to insist they make plans to leave the planet asap-- because he and Brill would be concerned about Korafaye. Also this would eliminate his major reason for hanging around-- the fact that the Wavedancers don't want to leave the ocean and thus his wife and kid would stay behind if he left. I bet after the Wavedancers die, Brill will be all gung ho to get into space.

I bet a pod will come for them, but it will be too late-- and one way or another, someone's gonna get shot. You can't wave a gun around in Act 1, shouting "here's a gun!" And not have it go off in Acts 2 or 3. This is Act 2, right?

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Am I the only one who think the Wavedancers are gonna be just fine?
Okay, maybe not fine-fine, but... mostly-fine. I think if anyone is gonna die it'll probably be main characters, simply because Wendy and Richard are evil!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:30 pm

No, you are not, Red.

Well, I hope you are right. Surge Spine sunstream :korafay: brill :reef: :farbright: :haze: :krill: I hope they will be fine.
Because I like them. I mean - REALLY like them. Because I know others like them. And because of a special one who absolutely LOVES them unconditionally.

2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 4:10 pm

I wonder if the palace might randomly take off for the stars with Cutter and Timmain and the Wavedancers will be sort of screwed. As well as the rest left down there. Skywise will of course have spazz.
I do think several of them are going to die. My guess is Krill might bite it and Brill feels it and freaks out.

Just as an aside, doesn't the palace have all kinds of spirits within it which sort of give prophecies? Kahvi, Crescent, etc. ... I'd think Surge would sort of pipe up and say something in there about the danger, if there was real danger. I mean it certainly looks like there is. Maybe say something about the fate of the Wavedancers or what they should do. But I have no idea.

2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I think that what's going to happen (just a wild guess) will be that a bunch of wave dancers are killed with guns-- Brill feels it (because they are all linked together), Sunstream feels it through Brill, and this spurs  Sunstream to insist they make plans to leave the planet asap-- because he and Brill would be concerned about Korafaye. Also this would eliminate his major reason for hanging around-- the fact that the Wavedancers don't want to leave the ocean and thus his wife and kid would stay behind if he left. I bet after the Wavedancers die, Brill will be all gung ho to get into space.

I bet a pod will come for them, but it will be too late-- and one way or another, someone's gonna get shot. You can't wave a gun around in Act 1, shouting "here's a gun!" And not have it go off in Acts 2 or 3. This is Act 2, right?

I am in agreement with you - to some degree.

I think the Wavedancers are going to perish. Brill or Sunstream will feel it. And they will bring the Palace to the Wavedancers. There will be a few scattered survivors, likely - but I think the real point is going to be an all out war between the humans (with ships and cannons) against the elves of the Palace. Sort of like the battle with the trolls in OG 17, 18, and 19.

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I think that what's going to happen (just a wild guess) will be that a bunch of wave dancers are killed with guns-- Brill feels it (because they are all linked together), Sunstream feels it through Brill, and this spurs  Sunstream to insist they make plans to leave the planet asap-- because he and Brill would be concerned about Korafaye. Also this would eliminate his major reason for hanging around-- the fact that the Wavedancers don't want to leave the ocean and thus his wife and kid would stay behind if he left. I bet after the Wavedancers die, Brill will be all gung ho to get into space.

It will be interesting to see what they put in there about guns. Personal feelings aside, I kind of found the last gun reference to be a slightly different take on "the evil of guns" in that it was shown to be almost rediculously ineffective. Angrif's "almighty" weapon failed him when he needed it, and a normal leader in his position would have thrown it away as it did not have the desired military value. Humans in EQ rarely follow sanity, though.

Ill be watching to see how RaWP decide to spin it. Political soapbox or otherwise.

2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 11:16 pm

TrollHammer wrote:

Ill be watching to see how RaWP decide to spin it. Political soapbox or otherwise.

I am waiting for -

The humans show up, see the beauty of the elves, the Palace shows up with all the elves, then they have a big $%#$-fest, and the political message becomes, "Overcome your differences and racial differences, and just love. Whether it's 1 on 1, 2 on 3, 3 on 1, or a big orgy of love, because love is beautiful and magical."

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:54 am

Embala wrote:
No, you are not, Red.

Well, I hope you are right.  Surge  Spine  sunstream  :korafay:  brill  :reef:  :farbright:  :haze:  :krill: I hope they will be fine.
Because I like them. I mean - REALLY like them. Because I know others like them. And because of a special one who absolutely LOVES them unconditionally.

Well, Surge :farbright: and :haze: aren't gonna be fine. Coz they're already dead.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 6:43 am

Tymber wrote:
TrollHammer wrote:

I am waiting for -

The humans show up, see the beauty of the elves, the Palace shows up with all the elves, then they have a big $%#$-fest, and the political message becomes, "Overcome your differences and racial differences, and just love. Whether it's 1 on 1, 2 on 3, 3 on 1, or a big orgy of love, because love is beautiful and magical."

Don't be so sarcastic, if the 'love conquers it all' massage is so appalling to you, you should probably not read EQ Wink

I wonder whether no Go Back dies so far because Wendy is saving them for an even bigger carnage
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 11:53 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Tymber wrote:
TrollHammer wrote:

I am waiting for -
Don't be so sarcastic, if the 'love conquers it all' massage is so appalling to you, you should probably not read EQ Wink
I wonder whether no Go Back dies so far because Wendy is saving them for an even bigger carnage

I am being sarcastic, because over all, as much as I hold OQ, SaBM and KotBW on this mighty pedestal; Final Quest has been (for me) a horrible, bumpy ride of non stop pacing issues, and moments that make no sense. So the sarcasm was, that the humans, with their mighty war ships, big cannons, suddenly show up and say, "Aw man, I love you guys!" would be right on track with how the pacing has been (again, for me) in Final Quest. It'd make absolutely no sense, despite how wonderful the "love conquers all" message is.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:32 pm

I was kinda hoping the old guy Korafay encountered in issue 8 would turn up again, but since it's been 10 years since that encounter, and he was already pretty old back then, he's probably dead by now.

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:28 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
I was kinda hoping the old guy Korafay encountered in issue 8 would turn up again, but since it's been 10 years since that encounter, and he was already pretty old back then, he's probably dead by now.

Calling it now - It was probably Timmain all along, and not even an old man... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 2:21 am

Naah. I think it was just an old man. Besides; Timmain was shown with the Wolfriders just before that scene.
Timmain
I think it was just what it was; a random encounter that didn't really mean anything. Not all meetings are important, and not everybody has a big role to play.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   2 - Final Quest #11 - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #11
Page 20 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next