Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #11

Go down 
+31
ErinC1978
Davrille
sun girl
Lunakat
m0nkeyh0use
Paranthropus
Trollbabe
Wisp
Tam
Vaeri
Tenderleaf
G0lden
Soreyes
Josine
willderbeast
Arthis
Redhead Ember
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
Tymber
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Embala
Stargazer
wingthing
Elwing
Outlier
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Final Quest #11 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 5:02 am

No killing off Wavedanders. Please. NOT.

I hope they have settled, learned to defend their home ... and d*mn - I don't waht Gliders 2.0 but living tribes. Of course it must cost bloodshed... would be so pointless to simply kill them off. We - and the Elves! - already KNOW well that Abode is a gangerous place.

Final Quest #11 - Page 4 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 11:11 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Prediction:

6. Mender finally hooks up with Dart <3

Last issue had 20 pages of comic, makes about 3 pages per for above mentioned story-line

This is what I'm hoping to happen as well! XD Just a feeling about it, since the last two issues.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
One thing I really like is the fact that although Angrif is dead his fleet is still going to attack. Not because I want the Wavedancers to die, but because it shows that in most cases killing the "Big Bad" will not cause everything he has build up to instantly crumble and fall down.

You're right, it's a very good inversion of a literary trope.

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 1:43 pm

1. Moonshade has her wolf blood removed
2. Oddbit asks the healers to give her eternal youth and beauty
3. Mender and Dart become love mates
4. Skywise and Timmain recognize
5. Winnowill fights for her freedom
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Mender and Dart becoming love mates is the only potential bit I like about this...
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm down for Skywise to shag Timmain. All of her relationships, for the past several thousand years, have been with wolves. It's time she got some.

I hadn't thought of Oddbit requesting eternal youth and beauty-- that's kind of cool. I could actually see that.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:48 pm

I would like to see more of what Moonshade is doing in the palace anyway, that she thinks it's so important to be there. Maybe I've missed something but I've mostly seen scenes with her and Strongbow...
Also I would like to see more of Dart and Mender together before they hook up.
If Winnowill wants to fight for her freedom she has my blessing! I think she should escape from Rayeks head, take up residence in Timmains head instead, take over her body and then shake things up!

Final Quest #11 - Page 4 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:57 pm

Sifra wrote:
If Winnowill wants to fight for her freedom she has my blessing! I think she should escape from Rayeks head, take up residence in Timmains head instead, take over her body and then shake things up!

Preferably before Jink is conceived. Get a move on, Winnie. You got two months to avert catastrophe!
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 12:22 am

I wonder if the thing that happens to Jink's father (assuming he's Skywise) that makes him so sad is the death of Timmain? And if, by erasing Timmain from his memory-- Jink takes away his link with the Palace, along with his memory of his own daughter?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 12:23 am

That could explain why Cutter ends up raising her, as well as why he is in charge of the Palace in Final Quest... and why Skywise isn't flying it.

If she did that-- the last thing Skywise would remember is the final battle in the first war.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:51 am

After last issue I'm kind of unsure if Skywise really will recognise Timmain or not. There has been so much built up, but last issue (shocking! Mini-Timmain!) would have been the perfect moment to do so. I can't see it happen in the next issue, since there is supposed to happen so much, it would make for a crowded story.

oooooh, what if they actually will recognise, take the palace, "bang among the stars" and while they have sex, the Wavedancers get attacked? Sunstream can't reach them in outer space, right?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:31 am

Lunakat wrote:
That could explain why Cutter ends up raising her, as well as why he is in charge of the Palace in Final Quest... and why Skywise isn't flying it.

If she did that-- the last thing Skywise would remember is the final battle in the first war.

You mean Future Quest, right? So far - after 10 issues of Final Quest - Cutter doesn't show any signs of being in charge of the Palace.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:43 pm

And I think the story is Jink made Skywise forget pretty much his entire life, so not only was he no longer wolf-blooded, he lost his last link to the Wolfriders, who're no doubt extinct but for those who had their wolf blood removed.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Yes, I meant Future Quest.

Does she make him forget everything? Where do we learn that? From what I remember, he told her that she killed "the best part" of him... but I think that's it. She says she did it because he was"so sad" and she wanted him to stop being sad.

I always thought what she did was deliberate-- but maybe she couldn't control her powers? His link to the Wolfriders can't really be severed without obliterating his entire memory-- since he was born into and grew up with them.

So... is Cutter the best part of him? Or is it Timmain?

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:02 am

Oh, wait.... if he has no memories of his life, Skywise can't remember his soulname! Ohhhh s--t I never realized that until now. Maybe that's the best part of him?

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:06 am

A note, possibly.

While a large majority of the elders of the Wolfriders are quite along in years at this point, at one point on SoC it was discussed how much time there was between Shards and Future Quest. I dont know what reference was used, but 1100-1600 years was was the figure if I recall correctly. And, if I recall, this shouldnt be anywhere near extinction for younger wolfriders, and possibly survivable by any but the oldest elders (wrapstuff and time travel notwithstanding).

Please correct me if Im wrong.

Final Quest #11 - Page 4 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:47 am

@Multi-- why do you guys think he is going to end up with no memories of his life? Where does it say that?

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:50 pm

I can't remember where I'm getting this; I haven't read anything any of Jink's stories in a while. But I think she admitted she did something to her father's memories, and considering how freely she mindwipes people, including herself, I think it's a plausible theory.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 5:36 pm

I remember him telling her that she destroyed the "best part" of him. Not that she killed every memory he had. I think she wiped his mind of something particular. She said she did it because he was grieving and she wanted him to be less sad.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Say... did you guys all see the new preview?

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-preview-elfquest-final-quest-11/1100-153411/

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:42 pm

Wow. Looks like Mender really is crushing on Dart, and Timmain seems to be stepping off her pedestal, however briefly, for Skywise. I'm wondering how she knew what he told Cutter.

I'm also wondering how deep Dre-Ahn's connection to Abode runs, if he can call forth the long dead. And what is Aurek learning or remembering now?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Multi-Facets wrote:
Timmain seems to be stepping off her pedestal, however briefly, for Skywise. I'm wondering how she knew what he told Cutter.
I'm wondering if it has to do with Cutter's freak out-- or revelation about who and what he is?

Quote :
I'm also wondering how deep Dre-Ahn's connection to Abode runs, if he can call forth the long dead. And what is Aurek learning or remembering now?
Dre-Anh made up his own language.. he must have been alone a long time. Maybe he's got some ability similar to Tier?

I really hope we meet some new elves... who aren't sleeping in wrapstuff. So far, we have three newcomers-- right? Who aren't dead... Ten years... three and a half elves. Long wait- small pay off.

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 pm

And as for "which answer does Skywise want first", how about the one he or Timmain thinks is the most important? Whatever that is.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 12:46 am

Does this mean, mender wants dart to be his lifemate? Because just shagging should be easy enough...

Oddbits wish is a bit too shallow, IMHO. Also Pickys behaviour... Can't the trolls have a little more depth?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 1:43 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Does this mean, mender wants dart to be his lifemate? Because just shagging should be easy enough...

Or... maybe Dart has standards!

Miss G wrote:
Oddbits wish is a bit too shallow, IMHO. Also Pickys behaviour... Can't the trolls have a little more depth?

But a maiden's love is only as true as the gold he gives her! So what's the standard for a king's love?

I like them shallow. I like that Oddbit is going in for the Elfquest equivalent of plastic surgery. It's completely and consistently in character.

Multi wrote:
And as for "which answer does Skywise want first", how about the one he or Timmain thinks is the most important? Whatever that is.

I wonder if this is going to turn out to be all in his head... or something like that? I think Timmain is likely to keep some key information to herself here... hence her question. Does she know Skywise told Cutter because she's tapped into Skywise's mind? Because she was spying on the scroll or whatnot? Or because she's tapped into Cutter? I don't trust her.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #11
Page 4 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next