Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you wondering now?

Go down 
+42
Thorn
Prayer
Vaeri
Zadzi
Redhead Ember
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Trollbabe
Beryl
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Embala
Outlier
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Bluetree
Tynami
Miscellaneous
Evil Evie
Relena
jaRf
Sifra
ErinC1978
Nibblet
Kindredsoul
anj tuesday
Leanan
Startear
Rainflower
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
faeriegirl
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Cleopatra
Stormcatcher
manga
sun girl
Blackbird
Marina.yurk
TrollHammer
Multi-Facets
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 1:06 pm

I don't think they can just randomly take this forum down. They've got nothing to do with it, other than being the people behind the basis for it, of course.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 1:13 pm

You never know what two angry people can get away with.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Just a technical issue. Just a teasing Shadowpath. No one to blame for it ...

... and still there is a nagging fear. Even when sense knows better belly will fall for it and cramp. Just a bit.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 10:51 pm

...If it’s for everybody, why do you keep saying it a women-only mosque?
I get only the women are allowed to prey there on friday, but them having that day to themselves can't really qualify it as being a women-only mosque?

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 11:07 pm

Is there a woman only mosque where you are, Shadowpath? Women aren't even allowed there generally on Fridays when men are so that does make sense. Women can't go to the mosque when they're bleeding either. It's a gigantic boys thing on Fridays. I was born in Cairo and left and returned to live there for a year and it was ALL MEN on Fridays. One day I went up to my cousin who I was raised with and dangled my used tampon in his face (sorry, I know it's gross) and asked him if I wasn't good enough to talk to god lol. He was laughing and about to throw up at the same time. Yeah. It's a boy's club.

As to what I'm wondering...what if the person I am with is really a crazy maker? What if I am? I don't think I can handle these questions myself.

What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 11:15 pm

I think it's somewhere in our capital?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:33 pm

My boyfriend is out of town for a week, and I'm relishing the personal time. But, I recently started having dreams about my exes. Each one of them gets a dream. It's kind of strange.

None of the dreams are happy. For example-- in my last dream, my former long term fling showed up dying of cancer. From smoking, I think. His hair, which I had loved the smell and feel of, was cut very short- almost not there anymore. He had a hole in his throat to breath. In real life, I think, he had a child with someone. I asked him if he was married and happy. He was single and was paying child support without interacting with the baby's mom. I was sad for him. I kissed his head and told him I loved him and then, I think, he went home.

In a previous dream, another ex showed up and told me he was divorced from wife (I've had this one a few times) and tried to get back together with me. I wanted desperately to be with him. But I didn't trust him-- and even in my dream state, I vaguely remembered that I might be marrying someone else. I think in the end, after some vacillating, I threw in the towel and decided to take him back. At which point, he moved on to my former best friend. She announced they were engaged. I ended the dream crying alone. Then I found my boyfriend again and, this time, was just grateful he was there.

Had another dream about my most recent ex. We were hanging out as friends-- and I was trying to get to know his wife. (He got married last year). Things were going well. I thought we were all getting along. We were playing board games. It felt very casual and easy-- and I was happy to see him again. But she ended up in a state of stewing indignation. So I decided to leave, and excused myself before more of our mutual friends came by.

And so on.

I have a lot of exes.

I wonder why this is happening? I'm very satisfied in my relationship. I don't want another man-- especially any of the men I've already tried and failed to have a consistent relationship with. So why are they visiting me at night?

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 5:55 pm

Should I just have ignored that thread that not posted my honest opinion on this matter?
Seems like I'm the only one who thinks that you can't throw around 90 riders out of a race, leaving only around 70 remaining, no matter why they were outside the time-limit. I've tried the best I could to explain why I on principle agree with the Jury's decision; it mostly boils down to the fact that I'm not in Spain, but the only thing everyone else seem to focus on is how things are getting "soft". Soft? They did a crazy-hard Mountain-stage yesterday. The stage today was quick from the get-go. And - most importantly - it was stage 15, people might be a little tired.
It doesn't even feel like a matter of You have the right to your opinion, as we have the right to ours (and I have actually tried to make it clear that I accept everyone else's opinions, just that mine are different) but more a matter of You are clearly wrong here!

I'm seriously torn between trying again and again to explain, or simply ignore the thread as I suppose I should've done from the beginning. Both options feel bad. The first, well... just draining my energy trying to come up with different ways to say the same thing, as it doesn't feel like anyone is listening. The second, well... I'll probably not really be able to stop thinking of ways to explain myself, thus draining my energy.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:19 pm

Lunakat, I get the exes dream once in a while. It's an anxiety dream of mine. Often i dream I'm back together with them and I'm like wtf am I doing back with you, I thought your sorry ass was out of my life. Or my own sorry ass was dropped lol. I think they're just anxiety dreams. But I always write them down in my journal and years later come back and go hmm. Iiiinteresting. For some reason or another.

Redhead Ember ... is this a social media thing? I find my blood boiling too often with that so I tend to retreat. Once in a while I'll be having some wine and then go off the rails about something lol.

Me, I'm completely batshit happy that we've booked our trip to New Orleans. I miss my old town, I've never lived anywhere else in the world that I've loved so hard as NOLA. But I'm also wondering how it's going to be. Every time I take a significant other to New Orleans, it's like the city does this TA-DA! thing with removing a veil off them and making me see something I maybe didn't want to look at. Ah, New Orleans! You've never been gentle with me, but you've always made sure to give me really good kisses between the stings, to make it all worth it Wink
And while I'm wondering if you've been mad at me for not being back in almost 5 years, I still have a request that I hope you grant me: Make it all worth it. Make it shine. Make it glorious.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:43 pm

Zadzi wrote:
Lunakat, I get the exes dream once in a while. It's an anxiety dream of mine. Often i dream I'm back together with them and I'm like wtf am I doing back with you, I thought your sorry ass was out of my life. Or my own sorry ass was dropped lol.  I think they're just anxiety dreams. But I always write them down in my journal and years later come back and go hmm. Iiiinteresting. For some reason or another.

Redhead Ember ... is this a social media thing? I find my blood boiling too often with that so I tend to retreat. Once in a while I'll be having some wine and then go off the rails about something lol.

That makes so much sense! They're anxiety dreams!

Quote :
Me, I'm completely batshit happy that we've booked our trip to New Orleans. I miss my old town, I've never lived anywhere else in the world that I've loved so hard as NOLA. But I'm also wondering how it's going to be. Every time I take a significant other to New Orleans, it's like the city does this TA-DA! thing with removing a veil off them and making me see something I maybe didn't want to look at. Ah, New Orleans! You've never been gentle with me, but you've always made sure to give me really good kisses between the stings, to make it all worth it  Wink
And while I'm wondering if you've been mad at me for not being back in almost 5 years, I still have a request that I hope you grant me: Make it all worth it. Make it shine. Make it glorious.  

Oh my god-- you too?? I haven't been back in ten years I think.

Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 1:55 pm

I was watching this video of Wendy drawing Cutter, and at one point she talks about how she puts hair in Cutter's eyes to be sexy for the women fans, but of course it isn't only women that would find that attractive. It made me think that it's weird that there's not a word in the English language for the subset of the population that is attracted to men, no matter gender. Or am I just not thinking of it?

It also makes me wonder if I will ever draw again, or am I just done with it?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 10:56 pm

The terms are bisexuals, gay men and straight women. I think that's fine.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 10:56 pm

Cool video!

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 10:27 pm

Wondering how I used to draw Arehe's goddamn hat. I can draw him without it (which is weird) but I can't get the hat to look right. I'm also wondering why the heck he looks so bizarrely pretty and young without it. I mean, he was born some 10 years after the crash.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:11 am

I'm still not sure how the hell to post images. I tried the whole What are you wondering now? - Page 10  thing and then the image doesn't come up, only like a question mark in its place. So annoying!! I wanted to post some cool images and can't seem to figure it out, and I'm on a Mac, not sure if that makes a difference.

I was also wondering when the next time my boyfriend and I will go rockhounding. We went today and found some super big garnets, and beautiful quartz, and then I found kyanite, which is completely NUTS, because the place isn't known for it. I looked up the mineral info for the location when we got home and found that indeed kyanite is a confirmed mineral but it's been totally rare to find where we went today. We have this one gem quality kyanite place that we found over the winter, and the owner is this crazy lady who is also sweet, and let us get some. It's so far from where we went today though! And this is the 4th time we go to the place and find kyanite. Holy crap, I know I'm totally geeking out right now, but I can't help it. I'm SO EXCITED about it lol.

Anyway, I'm wondering what other minerals we can find, because holy crap, there were about 15 mines in that location which shut down sometime before the 40s, and all kinds of volcanic rock too. I love rockhounding!

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:30 am

Where are you posting from?
As far as I can figure out:
you right click the mouse, pick 'copy image address' and then click this What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddidr4lDy1s6uavj_540 and put the link in the box.

If you click this What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddihtzydr1s6uavj_540,  this shows up:
What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddijv6B5n1s6uavj_540

You can just put the image address in the 'URL' box or select files which goes directly to your folders.
What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddiu1OxX51s6uavj_540
Press the blue button and this shows up.
What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddiwyrnqd1s6uavj_540
As far as I remember, I just used to copy past the top address into 'insert image'?
I don't know how it really works.

And forgive me, I'm not trying to insult anybody by putting it up like this. I feel it's easier.

I don't want a repeat of the last time I tried helping out and got chewed out over it.

Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:33 am

Outlier wrote:
It made me think that it's weird that there's not a word in the English language for the subset of the population that is attracted to men, no matter gender. Or am I just not thinking of it?

Maybe something like "androphile"...? scratch
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 2:24 am

Shadowpath wrote:
Where are you posting from?
As far as I can figure out:
you right click the mouse, pick 'copy image address' and then click this What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddidr4lDy1s6uavj_540 and put the link in the box.

If you click this What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddihtzydr1s6uavj_540,  this shows up:
What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddijv6B5n1s6uavj_540

You can just put the image address in the 'URL' box or select files which goes directly to your folders.
What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddiu1OxX51s6uavj_540
Press the blue button and this shows up.
What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oddiwyrnqd1s6uavj_540
As far as I remember, I just used to copy past the top address into 'insert image'?
I don't know how it really works.

And forgive me, I'm not trying to insult anybody by putting it up like this. I feel it's easier.

I don't want a repeat of the last time I tried helping out and got chewed out over it.

It's not insulting! Where am I posting from? My Macbook Air lol. Safari browser. I don't have a mouse, just a trackpad. I'll look more into it tomorrow...hmm. It's just annoying since nothing seems to be working. But thanks for responding, I will give this a try and keep you updated, and hopefully something works soon!

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 4:43 am

What am I supposed to do with my life?

This Post GT Feeling is horrible, especially after one as great as this one.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 11:51 am

Bluetree wrote:
Outlier wrote:
It made me think that it's weird that there's not a word in the English language for the subset of the population that is attracted to men, no matter gender. Or am I just not thinking of it?

Maybe something like "androphile"...? scratch

Well, we already have gay men, straight women and bisexual. Do we really need more than that?

I have friends who need a term for everything. "I like to connect emotionally, but not sexually with people-- and I have a strong color preference for purple hues. People don't understand me and those like me. We need to raise awareness." Well, yes we do. You are a friend who likes purple. Very simple. "I'm emotionally pansexual, but practically asexual with a color preference for lavender." Um, overcomplicating much? It's not necessary. You are a friend who likes purple.

I'm a jerk.

So... randomly, I saw sexism in action the other day at a kid's birthday party. I was at a party for a five year old boy. The whole party was little boys with one little girl. The theme was monsters and water guns. So all the kids were running around shooting each other and toy monsters with water guns.

The dads were all pretty much kicking back, talking. Some of the moms and grandmas were playing with the kids.

So this little kid, Toby, was stumbling around with a water gun. And a mom (not his) is like "Shoot Toby! Shoot! Can you shoot the monster?" And Toby just kind of looks around confused and sort of wanders off. And the mom is all "Can anyone shoot this monster?"

So the little girl comes running up with her water gun and shoots the monster with it. And she shouts "I can do it! I did it! I shot the monster! Look!" And the mom (and everyone else) completely ignores her. The mom continues "Toby! Do you want to try to shoot the monster? Brian?"

There was no affirmation the little girl even existed. So Davy and Brian turn around and they make monster faces at the moms-- who act all scared and this other mom is all "Oh wow! Look what great monsters they are!" And so the little girl runs up to the mom and also makes a monster face. And she actually follows her around fully acting out being a monster. And the mom just turns her back and walks off. No acknowledgement.

But then, of course, she sees Toby. And she's all "Toby- can you make a monster face like Brian?" Toby is still confused.

Later on, they all end up putting together these snap-tog monster toys. Sort of lego-like. The little boys are quickly assembling theirs. All sitting around the first mom. And so is the little girl. The boys are having some trouble, so the mom is helping them. "Good job! Let me see? Oh wow-- I think you need his arm." The little girl puts hers together in like, two seconds. She shows it. She's holding it up... no one says anything. She's just sitting their with her toy in the air...

So, I was all "wow! Look at that! Good for you! You made a lion person!" And then the mom turns around and looks at her and says "Gee! You did that fast!" And then turns back to the boys.

Every time this  happened, I made it a point  to directly address and acknowledge this little girl. And it turned out she was really cute and funny. Once I started doing it (very pointedly), so did other people. At the end of the day, someone told her she was the life of the party."

And I walked away thinking.... That was enlightening.

Last edited by Lunakat on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 12:09 pm

(All names in the above story have been changed to protect the identities of those involved.)

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 4:31 pm

I think it's great that you did that, Lunakat! The story makes me really mad, because it's like that girl will probably have a recurring theme at some point in her life with issues like that, and may not even be conscious of it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 6:25 pm

But I wonder if all girls have that recurring theme in their lives-- and we just aren't conditioned to notice?

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:09 pm

Probably yes, to an extent.
I think in general it's gone from 'that's not ladylike' to I'll just ignore the girl's behavior and not encourage her to be boy like. I'm wondering how unconscious it is, too. It's very possible that mother wasn't even aware of what she was doing, it's like social conditioning that gets repeated on autopilot.

Don't remember much about the stuff personally in my own childhood, was always running around pretending to ghost hunt and stuff with my boy cousins when I was a kid. We were all equally ignored by the grownups Razz I think had I ever been told I couldn't do it because I was a girl, my mother or grandmother would've bitten off the nearest head! In fact it has happened when it was blatant. But I'm also sure it's happened otherwise, like one of those quietly insidious things which steep in without notice.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:57 pm

I wonder whether I should buy a second screen.

and - if YES ... what kind of screen ...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you wondering now?
Page 10 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: