Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #12

Go down 
+39
Stormcatcher
Embala
Cloudbuck
Multi-Facets
Zadzi
Stargazer
Davrille
wingthing
ErinC1978
Shadowpath
Vaeri
TrollHammer
Miss Gillespie
G0lden
kathleen3.0
Miscellaneous
sun girl
Outlier
Redhead Ember
KR Wordgazer
Sifra
PCoquelin
Wisp
manga
howler monkey
Tymber
Soreyes
Paranthropus
Tenderleaf
Lurks
Kindredsoul
m0nkeyh0use
wolfmoonsky
Tam
Josine
Arthis
Trollbabe
Merelf
Nibblet
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:00 am

read the preview...to quote what i said to my friend. "what da fak?"

the explaination for how it happened....definitely brings to mind WHAT happened to the soul that was SUPPOSE to take the body joyleaf and bearclaw created? would that cutter have been the same, or different? or did the timmain portion merge with the new soul? the best i can say for cutter is at least his body is entirely his own! just..not his soul. which is weird. and definitely fodder for an identity crisis....HOW MUCH is timmain, and how much is cutter?!

also yeah, weird how leetah made no connection...no foreshadowing. but i could almost kinda start to believe elfparents had this planned since early on, considering the comments rayek said and what cutter said to leetah, the handfuls of water. it's a bit of a stretch, but....eh.

also yes, i totally believe timmain is possibly now pregnant with skywise's child, effectively what will be jink, who is the daughter of skywise, timmain and cutter.

and finally....timmain seems to be turning into a full on horrible mary sue. think about it! she's the ONLY high one to still live, she's the ONLY person to create a hybrid child, now she's the ONLY elf to have split her soul and have another living incarnation? i'm sure i'm missing a few ONLY's, but yeah, i hope i got my general point across.

ps. i think cutter's now infamous freak out happens after this preview.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:16 am

Remember when she first met Leetah and Leetah was helping Clearbrook with One-Eye's pretty much dead body? "You're a healer of some small ability?"
I was like Evil or Very Mad

15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:29 am

So when Joyleaf and Bearclaw said "we have made a cub, beloved, who is all we are and more"-- that statement was actually intended to be ironic?

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:33 am

I always took that as 'will do great things'. Not 'The split off part of a High One's soul has entered the child we created and there will be much 'wtf' later'.

15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:34 am

Vaeri wrote:

the explaination for how it happened....definitely brings to mind WHAT happened to the soul that was SUPPOSE to take the body joyleaf and bearclaw created?

O.O

It was Rayek's soul that got displaced! He got bounced around in time (since it means literally nothing the elf spirits) and ended up born before Tatter/Timtam. It explains why he was the only Sun Villager who could figure out how to hunt even in the face of starvation and his conviction that he and Leetah were meant to Recognize! He's the true son of Bearclaw and Joyleaf!

Ive said it before as a gripe but apparently I was right! Cutter literally stole Rayek's life! lol!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:37 am

manga wrote:
Vaeri wrote:

the explaination for how it happened....definitely brings to mind WHAT happened to the soul that was SUPPOSE to take the body joyleaf and bearclaw created?

O.O

It was Rayek's soul that got displaced! He got bounced around in time (since it means literally nothing the elf spirits) and ended up born before Tatter/Timtam. It explains why he was the only Sun Villager who could figure out how to hunt even in the face of starvation and his conviction that he and Leetah were meant to Recognize! He's the true son of Bearclaw and Joyleaf!

Ive said it before as a gripe but apparently I was right! Cutter literally stole Rayek's life! lol!  
I accept this as Canon.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:57 am

You know... In the novelization, they said that Rayek was especially intent on getting Leetah's answer that day, like he knew something was going to happen. He did, he sensed the usurper's presence! It totally makes sense now.

And... If Timmain's spirit went back in time for this to happen (not necessarily, but possible) then that means Cutter's ENTIRE LIFE is the kind of time-travel intervention he refused in "Kings." Oh the irony!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:02 am

I love this idea so ridiculously much.

15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:03 am

I think the nicknames Timtam and Tatter might be the best things to come out of this whole plot twist. Pike Rolling
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:07 am

*musing continues* No wonder Rayek feels out of place and "homesick for a place he's never seen." He's in the wrong timeline!

IF (big if there) I ever get a handle on what Rayek would have been like if he'd been born as Bearclaw and Joyleaf's son, I'll have to write it up. Oh, man.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:11 am

I'd follow that thread.

Last edited by Shadowpath on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:14 am

Trollish speculation loses its fun when nothing's off the table.

15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 12010412
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:12 am

i laugh at the fan theory, but it could make sense. he'd certainly have the personality of a chief, and as Bearclaw's son...well, he'd have a feeling of entitlement and confidence and "screw whatever you think, I'M DOING IT"

but you realize this means Rayek would have been blonde, pale skinned, and blue eyed. XD enjoy that concept.
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:20 am

manga wrote:
*musing continues* No wonder Rayek feels out of place and "homesick for a place he's never seen." He's in the wrong timeline!

IF (big if there) I ever get a handle on what Rayek would have been like if he'd been born as Bearclaw and Joyleaf's son, I'll have to write it up. Oh, man.

I'd read that!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:48 am

manga wrote:

The world deserves this fic. No, the world needs this fic.

Heh, so if the Wolfrider don't use "sound" names but "word" names, would his Wolfrider name be Rockboy? Stonechild? Laughing
Back to top Go down
KR Wordgazer

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:11 am

I know I'm jumping in here where a conversation has already been going on, but I just read the preview, though I don't usually read previews-- and well, I think Elfquest just jumped the shark.

I don't like this development at all. I think it diminishes both Cutter and Timmain as characters, and it seems like plot-wise, it's way overreaching.

Up to now I've liked the Final Quest. This, I don't like.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:13 am

sun girl wrote:
I think the nicknames Timtam and Tatter might be the best things to come out of this whole plot twist. Pike Rolling

Seconded!

Vaeri wrote:
i'm sure i'm missing a few ONLY's, but yeah, i hope i got my general point across.
She's the only female Skywise ever wanted...
Actually Winnie has a hybrid-child, too.
Still have not given up the hope, that Timmain might be evil. Aren't there supposedly connections between FiQu and SaBM? Timmain and Winnie share quite some traits...
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:41 am

Laughing

Davrille wrote:
Kureel in the original black and white #15 and in the first few color editions said, **But for you, Lord Voll would live! Die with him! We are through with you!"

Later on, "Die with him!" was edited out.

Not in the new "complete EQ" (I just had a look). Here Kureel is still a bastard, he does tell them to die.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 8:31 am

Well at least Timmain states this is a one-off thing. I'd hate the thought of everyone suddenly being bits and pieces of those who have gone before (Haken, Winnowill and Rayek come to mind).
Other than that, if the characters of Cutter and Timmain had anything in common, any resemblance in appearance, character, back ground story. If they had ever made decisions that echo each other... I would buy it, but I fail to see any, and this makes no sense at all for that reason. The timeline with the wolves surviving (on what? Has Timmain been eating unfortunate Go-Backs?) in the troll's pit for 30 years or so is absurd.
Also Leetah for some reason never making any mention of this- nah, it makes no sense.
And the situation with Skywise is very uncomfortable indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 10:31 am

wingthing wrote:
manga wrote:

The world deserves this fic. No, the world needs this fic.

Heh, so if the Wolfrider don't use "sound" names but "word" names, would his Wolfrider name be Rockboy? Stonechild? Laughing

I'd go for Rockhead. Razz

Also: manga, if you ever write that fic, I'll be reading it, too!

15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:03 am

I wonder if Cutter's flying leap away (or vacuuming away) from Timmain is him fleeing to Leetah to have his wolfblood removed. Being content with being mortal is one thing when you think you'll still be yourself after death. Cutter is now the only elf who DOESN'T have an afterlife. He'll be subsumed by a being possibly millions of years older than him.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:07 am

It could be interesting if it's going to lead to a identity crisis scene where he suddenly starts talking to the spirits of the older chiefs.
Edit:
Only to end up meeting Timmorn who just goes 'MOTHER?'
Which just freaks out Cutter even more.

Last edited by Shadowpath on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:21 am

Wendy talked about the wolves in the pit on facebook. She said 30 years is a lot for humans, but not for elves. Something like that. But I still don't get it. If 30 years is not so much for elfs, than why did Timmain go out on a bodysnatching hunt? If her situation was really that threatening, I find it hard to believe she survived all those years. And if it wasn't, and it is normal for her to have survived, than why did she freak out? I really hope there will be a plausible explanation at some point...

I think Timmains creepy look from the former issue fits in well with what is told in this prologue; the body snatching thing is very creepy! (Not to mention the fact that she survived on Go-back-flesh for thirty years as Elwing mentioned.)

Shadowpaths idea appeals to me a lot! I love crazy characters!

I'm also wondering if Cutter will really be assimilated into Timmain again after his death. Even if it is possible to slit a soul, that doesn't mean you can glue them back together again... As he is a part of that soul just like Timmain is, wouldn't he have a say in the matter as well?

15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:09 pm

manga wrote:
I wonder if Cutter's flying leap away (or vacuuming away) from Timmain is him fleeing to Leetah to have his wolfblood removed. Being content with being mortal is one thing when you think you'll still be yourself after death. Cutter is now the only elf who DOESN'T have an afterlife. He'll be subsumed by a being possibly millions of years older than him.

I doubt he's thought it through that much at this point. I think it's more "Get out of my head! Stop sharing my thoughts!" Your idea does seem like a reasonable way to deal with it.

This whole thing has made me wonder about the "only Timmorn's children will go where they will after death." Does that still apply to Cutter? I also never got the end of the last issue when she was saying that his soul would live on, but his body will too, in her. I can't see how they are the same body. And she's aware of his thoughts, but he's not aware of hers? Or is that the "door opening" that's mentioned? When he comes to terms with this, will he be able to tap into all her memories and knowledge? But if the spirit was really split in two, why are they still connected?

Is this what Savah was talking about in children of recognition attract powerful spirits to themselves?

scratch

15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 12010412

Last edited by Outlier on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:12 pm

Sifra wrote:

I'm also wondering if Cutter will really be assimilated into Timmain again after his death. Even if it is possible to slit a soul, that doesn't mean you can glue them back together again... As he is a part of that soul just like Timmain is, wouldn't he have a say in the matter as well?

He could be worried he isn't strong enough to have a say in the matter. Or be worried that at that point he stops having his thoughts be his own and the part he considers to be him gets blasted away and all there is Timmain.

I mean, I would be worried about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   15 - Final Quest #12 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #12
Page 8 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next