Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mender - Healer's Hormones

Go down 
+6
namuhna
Davrille
Embala
Miss Gillespie
Miscellaneous
Trollbabe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones Empty
PostSubject: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Mender - Healer's Hormones ... this was Mender's thread, opened by Arfurido, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Mender's bio page on Elfquest.com.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 8:18 am

'Character Bio':

Mender (m)

Alive (staying) – mortal
Son of Woodlock and Rainsong
Brother of Newstar and Wing
Grandson of Rain
Lifemate of Dart
Nephew of Pike
Cousin of Cheipar and Sust
Uncle of Kimo and Serrin
Lovemate of Ember, Yun, and Freetouch
Student of Leetah

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:08 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:27 pm

Spoiler for FQ #11.... I hope the latest development in Mender's life means he is maturing. I really had a problem with "Mender's Tale," when he disguised himself and tricked the human girl.

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:51 am

Found on facebook, about healers role as initiators:

Wendy Pini‬ wrote:
Let's be clear on what Elfquest elves mean by "initiation." It does not mean "first time." How could it? So many of the elves are so very very old. Plus they tend to lose their virginity, which they don't really have a word for, very early in life. When a healer takes on the role of "Initiator," it means they are leading consenting students in the art of lovemaking, teaching them to pursue deeper and deeper pleasures. Initiation can take place anytime and many times in an elf's life. It's all in the name of higher education, of course.

Feel free to move this if there's a thread about this subject, can't find one and the "search" doesn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:57 am

Trollbabe wrote:
Spoiler for FQ #11....  I hope the latest development in Mender's life means he is maturing.  I really had a problem with "Mender's Tale," when he disguised himself and tricked the human girl.

"Mender's Tale" had an interesting idea but wasn't that well thought through...

@Misc: uhmmm yeah Suspect
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 5:26 am

I always thought "Initiation" meant A healer working his/her magic during a big lovemaking session hoping it would somehow make sparks fly and cause some Recognition-action.

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Me too, Redhead Ember. That's exactly how i always viewed it.

And I sort of loved Mender's tale even though his actions were pretty twisted.

01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Zadzi wrote:
Me too, Redhead Ember. That's exactly how i always viewed it.
And it would make sense. Remember that the presence of Leetah and Mender influenced the "mood" and probably sparked the Recognition of Scouter and Tyleet at the beginning od HY-Shards.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 2:04 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
I always thought "Initiation" meant A healer working his/her magic during a big lovemaking session hoping it would somehow make sparks fly and cause some Recognition-action.

I thought that, too, for a while, but when I went back and reread where initiation was mentioned (mainly the original "bible" bios in the original Big Gatherum) I got the impression that at least some times the "first time" was meant. Winnowill's bio said she couldn't be a sexual initiator without going into why (did the Gliders not care? Was she so alienated from them by that point they subconsciously picked up on that and said, "Uh, no thanks"?). And in "The Enemy's Face" in the initiation scene, Leetah's about sixteen or so. Elves may start having sex young, but having good sex takes practice! I can't see even an elfin sixteen-year-old being that skilled.

So I went with the 'standard' meaning of initiation in that post. And i still think it's a good question. Who taught Mender, eh? jocolor
Back to top Go down
namuhna

namuhna

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 10:33 am

Well, being healers probably means they're more aware of how the body works, they know how to heal it after all, which is different from flesh-shaping. So they'd know all about what feels good and what doesn't purely on instinct... natural born sex-god! I'd guess it's the same instinct that tells them that when they knit flesh from a wound they also need to get rid of bacteria to avoid infection and that when strain is taken from the heart then blood flows easier and like other really advanced medical knowledge.
I mean removing wolf-blood is like going into genetics and stuff, that's scary advanced and complicated, sex-hormones and stimuli would be pretty easy in comparison. And while they can't force true recognition, because of elfy spiritual magic thing, they can make the body ready to conceive (even force reproduction sometimes), probably as part of the initiation, and thereby triggering recognition that was just waiting for the perfect optimal conditions to strike.

This doesn't explain why Winnowill couldn't though... it kinda sounds like what she was doing to Rayek, so yeah maybe the gliders just couldn't trust her to find their sweet spots... so to speak... or literary...
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:52 am

But there was a panel somewhere (I forget which issue) showing how Voll wanted the Gliders to reproduce and Winnowill helped them be preggers. And then in the next panel she secretly had them all miscarry around the same time... I think it was something about having enough control over the group or something. So I think she WAS capable, but just didn't want the possible interference of a bigger populace. From there, the Gliders seemed resigned to the concept of being sterile. I think she pretty much controlled everything.
In general, healers are attuned and able to control almost everything having to do with the body so their sensuality makes sense. Winnowill is like the anti-sensualist. I don't think any of the Gliders ever 'joined' once Blue Mountain was in full swing, not by the looks of it. Their idea of 'fun' was staring at the egg for hours, as Aroree said once early on. Yay. It's like, When we're not being controlled, we like to work on this really big jigsaw puzzle.
And that's it.
It's possible Winnowill took away their urges by brainwashing them all and keeping them busy little worker drones.
Which, now that I think of it, sounds like complete hell. No sleeping, no dreaming, no sex... Ugh, what an existence.

01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Davrille wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:

I thought that, too, for a while, but when I went back and reread where initiation was mentioned (mainly the original "bible" bios in the original Big Gatherum) I got the impression that at least some times the "first time" was meant. Winnowill's bio said she couldn't be a sexual initiator without going into why (did the Gliders not care? Was she so alienated from them by that point they subconsciously picked up on that and said, "Uh, no thanks"?). And in "The Enemy's Face" in the initiation scene, Leetah's about sixteen or so. Elves may start having sex young, but having good sex takes practice! I can't see even an elfin sixteen-year-old being that skilled.

So I went with the 'standard' meaning of initiation in that post. And i still think it's a good question. Who taught Mender, eh? jocolor

But then wouldn't all elves be an initiator their first time?
Why would one specific character - a healer - need to play the role of initiator.

Of course if it was linked to the first time then I guess Mender might have been Ember's "initiator", but Ember probably wasn't his.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 2:38 pm

If Mender should recognize ... who would you suggest? 01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones _01_me10#01 found

Last edited by Embala on Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 2:52 pm

If Cutter was still alive: Leetah, that would be fun.

Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 8:26 pm

I think a good one for Mender to Recognize is Yun. She's lain with him several times and can keep him in check without nagging. They seem to fit in temperament. Recognition doesn't always mean polar opposites,Woodlock/Rainsong,Wing/Behtia and Strongbow/Moonshade proved that it also brings together like-minded people.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 6:49 am

Yeah, their matchup worked pretty well, he with Dart not so much

PostSubject: Re: Mender - Healer's Hormones   01 - Mender - Healer's Hormones Empty

Back to top Go down

Mender - Healer's Hormones
Page 1 of 1