Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oddest EQ theories?

Go down 
+16
Embala
manga
Leanan
Lunakat
Vaeri
Sifra
Startear
TrollHammer
Davrille
Miss Gillespie
sun girl
kathleen3.0
wingthing
Zadzi
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 3:03 am

wingthing wrote:
And it was bone-chillingly creepy, IMO. "Hey, soul brother/lifemate, go screw the crazy out of my hormonal daughter."
I completely agree.
I doubt it was a joke, considering how controlling Cutter seems to be at that point. But asking your fuckbuddy-brother to take care of your own daughter to keep her in line just seems disgustingly over the line. Very squicky.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 3:29 am

Aww. I like Mender. Yes, it's tacky and wrong as hell and yes it's the story really which was completely messed up (someone wrote themselves into a corner with that btw). I actually was curious to see how elf/human relations happened and it was interesting to see some of that.
But the whole thing with BOTH of the girls amidst such an old school backdrop made me queasy. That he had virtually zero feelings for them made me feel strange. In Rogue's Curse at least Rayek had feelings he tried to pursue even though it was all very quickly shut down by Winnowill.
I am not sure I like the idea of Rogue's Curse even existing now actually, it seems like purgatory.

Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 3:32 am

I'm REALLY GLAD it didn't go in that direction btw for Ember and Skywise. It's not just the uncle/niece dynamic which would've bothered me (it actually wouldn't have) but more like they had zero chemistry. Had they pushed it... blacch. No. No way.

Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Shadowpath wrote:
wingthing wrote:
And it was bone-chillingly creepy, IMO. "Hey, soul brother/lifemate, go screw the crazy out of my hormonal daughter."
I completely agree.
I doubt it was a joke, considering how controlling Cutter seems to be at that point. But asking your fuckbuddy-brother to take care of your own daughter to keep her in line just seems disgustingly over the line. Very squicky.

Oh mercy, thank you someone else for thinking this is as twisted as I do. This probably takes the number one spot in my "twenty times EQ fathers were the opposite of awesome" list.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 6:50 pm

I think that whole bit was just to emphasize the lengths to which Cutter was willing to go to try to convince Ember to stay home. Skywise told him "it's the lads, you know." Cus he has to point out to Cutter that his daughter is reaching that age and starting to look at boys-- basically, she's not a little girl anymore. Hello- puberty alert! And of course, everyone in the holt (almost) is an old fogey and/or hooked up.

So Cutter, in sheer head-in-the-sandedness says "what about you? You're young. You could do it." A terrible idea, highlighting both the elves' lack of sexual boundaries and Cutter's sheer, pigheaded desperation to keep his daughter safe, at home and under his thumb.

And Skywise declines in the politest way possible by pointing out that she's looking for someone new-- not just someone almost her own age.

That's how I read that scene. Not that Skywise would actually have banged Ember. Or that Cutter would really have wanted him to.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 7:11 pm

sun girl wrote:
This probably takes the number one spot in my "twenty times EQ fathers were the opposite of awesome" list.
Ohh that could be an interesting list to see. O.O
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I think that whole bit was just to emphasize the lengths to which Cutter was willing to go to try to convince Ember to stay home. Skywise told him "it's the lads, you know." Cus he has to point out to Cutter that his daughter is reaching that age and starting to look at boys-- basically, she's not a little girl anymore. Hello- puberty alert! And of course, everyone in the holt (almost) is an old fogey and/or hooked up.

Cutter did point out that other than Skywise was the youngest male in the tribe, other than Suntop and that would've been squicky!

As for everyone else being hooked up; well... not that it matters much to the elves, you could argue that Skywise was hooked up, with Aroree.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Shadowpath wrote:
sun girl wrote:
This probably takes the number one spot in my "twenty times EQ fathers were the opposite of awesome" list.

I think it would be way too biased.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 8:40 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:
sun girl wrote:

Oh absolutely. That wouldn't stop me from thinking it would be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 9:29 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:
sun girl wrote:

Well, we could do it two ways:

Either I do Cutter and Nomad Human does Rayek or Wingthing does Rayek and Kindred does Cutter. Do you see the patterns I'm setting up?
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 9:39 pm

i'll admit, i'm probably the only one who doesn't find the whole Skywise x Ember coupling...uh..."squicky" XD but then again, i'm odd and love unusual/weird/"WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN" couplings.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SKYWISE X EMBER KID NOW!!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Just to get back on topic, I once believed a child's name had to be a mix of the parent's names for some reason.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:19 pm

manga wrote:
kathleen3.0 wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:
sun girl wrote:

Well, we could do it two ways:

Either I do Cutter and Nomad Human does Rayek or Wingthing does Rayek and Kindred does Cutter. Do you see the patterns I'm setting up?
Absolutely. But I like seeing how varied people's views of characters can be.
I like seeing where and how it completely derails.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:48 pm

When I first saw the panel of Tyldak and Dewshine "seeing each other's souls" at the end of book 3 - I thought they were seeing the other as like their "ideal" - Tyldak all Fabio-like because Dewshine is secretly into that, and Dewshine covered in soft yellow baby-chick down, because NATURALLY a bird-elf would find feathers attractive!

I still distinctly remember my horror when Sun Girl said: "uh, that's supposed to be her wolf-soul, and Tyldak is turned-off by it."

NOOOOO! My illusions!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:55 pm

wingthing wrote:
When I first saw the panel of Tyldak and Dewshine "seeing each other's souls" at the end of book 3 - I thought they were seeing the other as like their "ideal" - Tyldak all Fabio-like because Dewshine is secretly into that, and Dewshine covered in soft yellow baby-chick down, because NATURALLY a bird-elf would find feathers attractive!

I still distinctly remember my horror when Sun Girl said: "uh, that's supposed to be her wolf-soul, and Tyldak is turned-off by it."

NOOOOO! My illusions!
XD
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 11:34 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Lunakat wrote:

Cutter did point out that other than Skywise was the youngest male in the tribe, other than Suntop and that would've been squicky!

As for everyone else being hooked up; well... not that it matters much to the elves, you could argue that Skywise was hooked up, with Aroree.

Exactly. Cutter was completely ignoring the fact that his daughter wanted a boyfriend and was focusing on the simplest aspect of 'well you could teach her how that works and then she wo t be curious anymore.'

sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 11:37 pm

wingthing wrote:

NOOOOO! My illusions!

Haha, I'd totally forgotten that!
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 11:37 pm

That's hilarious

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 11:53 pm

Laughing Too funny!

But I can see how romantic dreams went *poof* ... awww... must have been disturbing.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:30 am

Wingthing, I thought the same thing, that is so weird. I thought he was seeing her as a kind of bird.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:59 am

Zadzi wrote:
Wingthing, I thought the same thing, that is so weird. I thought he was seeing her as a kind of bird.

Srsly, what kind of wolf has that kind of curly hair, right? Those are totally little downy feathers!

...Alternaverse Dewshine probably has a whole wardrobe of feathered lingerie hidden away in her closet for Saturday nights.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:39 am

Shadowpath wrote:
sun girl wrote:

Shuna's father would make an appearance... so would Grohmul Djun and Angrif Djun.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:07 pm

ugh double post. Sorry

Last edited by Zadzi on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:08 pm

wingthing wrote:
Zadzi wrote:

Srsly, what kind of wolf has that kind of curly hair, right? Those are totally little downy feathers!

...Alternaverse Dewshine probably has a whole wardrobe of feathered lingerie hidden away in her closet for Saturday nights.
Bwahahaah! Imagining Dewshine now in a fuzzy yellow chick feather cheerleader outfit too. She wears it for Tyldak when he's in a bad mood and needs cheering up  Laughing

I thought her soul was a bird and not a wolf since she was into making birdcalls and bird singing and things like that. And used to think, Wait, but she's a wolf rider, why does she have a bird soul, and seriously, that's one weirdlooking bird Suspect

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 7:54 am

manga wrote:
I thought mortal/immortal Recognition always led to mortal/immortal twins.

I thought it was an either-or situation, and that the parents would "know" what tribe their child would be simply from it's mortality-status:

Mortal = Wolfrider
Immortal = Whatever tribe the other parent is

This also meant that for the longest time I considered Suntop to be solely Sun Villager, simply because he's immortal, but I'd say he's since proved that he is indeed very much a Wolfrider.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   Oddest EQ theories? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oddest EQ theories?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next